BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Final draft of petition for changes in POL policy: live

Ok, so it’s done. Just wanna get a couple things out of the way first though.

For those who haven’t submitted it already, here’s the link for the customer service survey:
    https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/e/S ... 007US/html
    so make sure to let them know how you feel.

Additionally, here’s the link to the BBB site, so go ahead and file a complaint here too.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/ut...ID=13168063&sm

Also, please link this thread as well as the actual petition link to your sig. This involves every single person playing the game, and people need to know what’s going on.

For those who wanted to print out the actual letter and send it in to the offices, let me find a way to upload the document. I’ll also post some addresses along with them.

I’d like to make a preface before I go on to the actual letter, as I think it’s important for people to understand where I’m coming from and why I wrote this letter. I'm currently in Kaizen linkshell on Quetzalcoatl, accomplished just about everything I’ve wanted to as an individual, and I’ve helped my linkshell accomplish just about everything one LS can do. For what I’ve done, I’m quite happy, and for what my LS has done, I’m even prouder. So from that standpoint, I’m really quite content and have been for a long time.

What I’m really trying to say, is that with this letter I don’t have any personal intents, or ambitions, no desires to get something out of it for myself. I’m not writing this to gain popularity and I’m not writing this because I thought it’d be fun. I’m writing this because I see something that is woefully unfair, something that is egregiously wrong. Though we may not be able to always fix what might be unjust, if we have a chance to say something, do something, change something, then we should take that chance.

A while ago, in which were probably the very first cases, two longstanding members of my linkshell, Harb and Xtereem, had their accounts stolen. One theft we didn’t find out about for a long time because he was so busy, but the other occurred right in front of my eyes, and I was powerless to stop it. To see something that has been built up for years right alongside you in all your quests, your adventures, and in fulfillment of your hopes, to be taken away while you’re sitting there is indescribable. In the simplest word possible, it was heartbreak.

One of them asked me to help him out and call POL for him since it’d cost him way too much to make a foreign call. But I kept putting it off and putting it off because somewhere in the back of my mind, I just knew that the creeps at POL would say no. I eventually did call but I guess you can figure out where that one went. The other one posted his goodbye in my linkshell forums, thanking everyone for his times and friendships over the years. I read the first two lines of that and just closed the page. I did that because I refused to accept his goodbye, because I didn’t want to admit that he could just be gone so easily. To this day, I still refuse to read it.

So why do I write this?

I write this for X and Harb.

I write this for my friends.

And I write this for you, the community.

I don’t want to lose anymore friends, and neither should you.

This petition is my refusal to accept that they’re gone. I know that there are others who feel the same as me. And I don’t think I’m the only one who wants to believe that things can be changed. So I ask that you guys read this, and help me and others around you to change something. This is our chance, and we need to rally and collectively make use of it. I think at this point, I’ve done about all I can in trying to encourage people to read and support the petition. For it to work, this can’t rely on me. It has to rely on you guys to make it happen. So read this letter. Sign it. Speak your voice. Tell others. Take a stand. Change something in unison.

Thank you for reading my story, and please sign this petition.

Final link: http://www.petitiononline.com/FFvoice/petition.html

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Final draft of petition for changes in POL policy: live

online petitions and bbb =

http://blogs.amnestyusa.org/pub/amne...dead-horse.gif

edit: sorry about you friends, and their policy does suck, but their customer service survey their only way of listening to us, and we don't even know what that's going to do. not to be pessimistic, but i've seen alot of online petitions, and i've yet to see anything come from them. and we all know no one cares about the bbb

I'm afraid that all this online petition will do is make the signatories feel good about signing an online petition.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    but i've seen alot of online petitions, and i've yet to see anything come from them.
    The one to get mother3 released worked (kinda).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

stickyyyy

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    but i've seen alot of online petitions, and i've yet to see anything come from them.
    I said this in the last thread but even so I've signed it and I'll ask everyone I know to sign it.

Couldn't hurt ... but to be honest, I would leave out the part of the BBB. I almost stopped reading as soon as you mentioned the BBB.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    Couldn't hurt ... but to be honest, I would leave out the part of the BBB. I almost stopped reading as soon as you mentioned the BBB.
    This is a valid complaint to the BBB, did not provide service to protect customers.

It's the BBB itself that is irrelevant, not the complaint. It's amazing how Square-Enix magically went up from an F to a B rating pretty much the second that they joined (read: paid) the BBB.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i think i better edit the post. seems like a lot of people think the actual post is the petition and are having fun making skeptical remarks about the BBB (which is fine to me since it's got nothing to do with my argument). the BBB thing isn't part of it (lol) and neither is my story: that's just a preface. i seem to have confused half the KI people and a bunch of alla people too, so i'm hoping that isn't happening here.

i only mentioned those because i thought some people might want to add more of their own voice than just adding their name to the petition.

anyway just wanna mention: i got no real interest in arguing with the "devil's advocates" or skeptics. i think it's rather unfortunate that people would rather make comments in order to be funny or for other reasons, rather than take the chance and sign.

so just sign.

THANKS

It's the BBB itself that is irrelevant, not the complaint. It's amazing how Square-Enix magically went up from an F to a B rating pretty much the second that they joined (read: paid) the BBB.
    Pretty sure they got an F rating by default, due to not giving the BBB any sort of information whatsoever. I guess SE opened their doors up, and got another rating.

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    I would suggest next time you make a petition to have someone proof/grammar read it, as PlayOnline and SquareEnix are spelled wrong continuously throughout.

I like the spirit, but it's too q.q.
    I thought that's what we did?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27286

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

[email protected]

For those that don't beleive the Petition will work;
    Do you have a better idea?

The only other idea I can think of is having everyone spam SE with E-mails.
    So I will cut and paste his Petition and spam SE with E-mails.
    Maybe if everyone spam SE with E-mails as well, they will get annoyed and try to make a change.

If 100,000 players send 1 E-mail a day, that will add 100,000 E-mails to their in-box.
    If that same 100,000 players send 1 E-mail everyday, by the end of the week, they will have 700,000 E-mails in their in-box.
    There's a chance that if we keep doing this, something might happen.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    This is a valid complaint to the BBB, did not provide service to protect customers.
    It is not a valid complaint on those grounds. Protecting their customers means not giving out your information or endangering you through your purchase.

The loss of a password to an external website through a trojan is in no way a failure for them to protect the customers. We may not like their policies (we all agree they are retarded) but that is not a failure to protect the customer either. Their policies need to be corrected, but unless they are giving your password to the RMT then they doing nothing to harm you as a consumer.

We all know that their policies toward lost accounts sucks and they need to change them and quickly. But focusing on their problem is much better than hyperbole.

Analogy: Blame Bush for the war in Iraq. Do not blame Bush for AIDS.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree

But what if Bush specifically gave me aids?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i don't have a better idea, but what I do know is that over the last 4 years there have been many noble attempts to call SE's attention to various important issues and concerns of the community, and i'm pretty sure they've all failed. being pessimistic is annoying, but there's probably various legitimate and bullshit reasons as to why they've ignored the playerbase's calls for help in the past... none of which would change from an online petition or letter to the lolbbb.

a lot of people like to say "SE doesn't care about NA playerbase"... while it certainly seems like that, believing this wholeheartedly is quite ignorant to the whole NA branch of SE. they let us down a lot, but maybe we're just expecting too much from how their company is run. the game and pol was designed and made in Japan, it is continually being developed and expanded in Japan. for people to call in and ask for them to break away from their account policy probably requires them to: alert the japan hq of the issue, have the jp team discuss the issue and investigate it, evaluate if rewriting their whole policy and working out all the legal implications for the JP/NA/EU contract is necessary and possible, and then IF they decide to do something, they can't snap their fingers and and have it done. you know how many people could lose their characters if they leave a major loophole in a new customer service protocol?

i'm not justifying their lack of support, i'm just trying to look at this from a business perspective. i really feel for all the players who lost their characters for no reason. but we all shouldn't be too shocked about SE's reaction. if a month ago, I asked myself, "what would happen if my account got hacked from a trojan on my pc"... my answer wouldn't be "oh well i'd tell SE that I got hacked and they'd fix everything". this is the real world.

ps: 100,000 people don't play ffxi everyday, maybe on weekends if you include the jp playerbase. in addition to that, i'd still say probably about half (maybe a little less) still don't know about the hackings. if you were to go through with "annoying a company" tactic, you'd be looking at about maybe 2000 emails a day, realistically

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jaryk

Then tell me the story, I will write the book and we will make millions!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jaryk

Then tell me the story, I will write the book and we will make millions!
    Not really, if you hadn't already figured it out, he's kind of a slut.

are you going to go through the list and delete some of the signed? ...bc some douche bags are going on there and typing stupid stuff. like... "penis, vagina, penis, etc." -.- real cute.. i mean really.

~tsuji

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

To all the people that think that the petition will not work, and there is nothing that we can do to change things.
    Here is a link to another thread regarding the European's Customer Service and their Policies.
    They say that Europe's laws are a lot more strict compared to the US.
    And that any company that charges your Credit Card must supply all the information regarding the account to you.
    In the link, an EU player got his account stolen, so he called in to verify the information with the Customer Service.
    He verified the information and gave his Registration Code information, and was able to get the account back and change the password.

US laws is less strict compared to the EU's, and because of this, US players have a harder time on getting their accounts back.
    So basically, SE is screwing over US customers, because they are not under the same obligations as their EU counterpart.

If we can get SE to change their policy to be more like the EU's policy, then players retreiving their stolen accounts back would be as difficult as it is now.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html...m=30;page=1