Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Low maning Ix'aern (DRK) and Ix'aern (DRG) with SMN or WHM

My LS has now successfully started low manning Ix'aern (DRK) and Ix'aern (DRG) fights with 2 BLMs and a RDM (a lot of thx to ideas taken from this website) making sea farming all the more efficent. However, I've been wondering if there is a way that these NMs can be fought with a few SMNs. Some people just tell me to just lvl BLM or RDM but I really don't have the time to do that seeing I'll be moving out soon and won't be able to play much except maybe on the weekends. I'd like to join the BLMs and RDMs that low man fight these mobs but as a SMN and WHM I really wouldn't be able to do as much to help out without leeching. So was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how a few SMNs could take these mobs or if there are any other low man setups that a WHM or SMN could be a part of when doing these 2 NMs.

Sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this in. This is my very first post here. I've come here to read stuff before and always liked the site. Would appricate any ideas of how to go about doing these 2 NMs.

Re: Low maning Ix'aern (DRK) and Ix'aern (DRG) with SMN or WHM

smn can do them pretty much the same way blm can, nuke then zone. although probably we'll do it at a slower rate due to BPs.

You fail if you nuke/zone Ix'drk on BLM or RDM.
    DRG would be kinda hard as the only DOT you have available would be like Dia II and Poison nails BP from Carby.
    It'd be doable but would take a very long time.
    DRK I'd probably say not possible, even popping it with SMNs would take longer compared to BLM+RDM groups.
    If you did manage to pop it then you'd have to most likely just carby kite it which would take very very long because it can reraise multiple times and carby won't be putting out too much dot.

I agree. There's also the fact that he spawns with a bunch of Wyrvns making him even harder. I think if you kill the Wyvrns he won't reraise though if I remember correctly. I would gladly give kiting a try but I'm pretty sure that DRK will also do Souleater several times if I remember correctly so that'll make kiting him nearly impossible with him getting his HP back from doing that. If I had the time to lvl BLM to 75 so I could help I would but like I said, I'll be moving out soon and won't be able to play as much as I use to so lvling BLM isn't really possible. I would kinda like to lvl it seeing BLMs can be used for a lot of stuff. Any more ideas would be appricated.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

DRK is generally kited around one of the fortitude rooms, not zoned. You could probably do that with Dia but it'll take a very, very, very long time. You could maybe trade hate off a bit and bloodpact it. So yes, DRK would be possible, just extremely slow.

DRG... don't see it happening. Your only source of DoT is dia, and there's just no way to keep it from regenning.

DRG doesn't regen (as long as 1 DoT is always on) or reraise...only way I could see it regenning is if the wynavs use Healing Breath, but I've never seen it happen when doing the DoT and zone method. As for IxDRK's Blood Weapon draining back HP, you could simply dismiss your avatar then kite. Once BW wears he'll cast a spell, just use that time to summon a new avatar.

Most of the replies given so far seem to imply soloing, which isn't really what the OP asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Crosser
    I'd like to join the BLMs and RDMs that low man fight these mobs but as a SMN and WHM I really wouldn't be able to do as much to help out without leeching.
    I don't really agree; as SMN, you wouldn't be leeching since you could offer acceptable DPS. 70 BPs take about the same amount of MP and do (somewhat) the same kind of damage as a Thunder IV. You could also do fancy stuff like Earthen Ward (though it shouldn't be needed since people aren't supposed to get hit) or Diabolo's MAB buff. Personally I would just do:

- IxDRK: he casts a short spell every ~45 seconds or something. Follow him with Garuda when the time is almost up and use Predator Claws when he starts to cast. Med when out of MP.
    - IxDRG: zone in, make sure you have some kind of buff (either /NIN or Stoneskin + Blink, even though SMN SS is weak), summon Garuda, assault him first then quickly use PC, zone out. Make sure you assault before doing BP or the wyverns will rape you. Also you might wanna stand at max BP range to avoid getting hit by horde lullaby.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by stinkypoo
    - IxDRK: he casts a short spell every ~45 seconds or something. Follow him with Garuda when the time is almost up and use Predator Claws when he starts to cast. Med when out of MP.
    - IxDRG: zone in, make sure you have some kind of buff (either /NIN or Stoneskin + Blink, even though SMN SS is weak), summon Garuda, assault him first then quickly use PC, zone out. Make sure you assault before doing BP or the wyverns will rape you. Also you might wanna stand at max BP range to avoid getting hit by horde lullaby.
    For Ix'Drk you can just BP while its being kited. A mob doesn't need to be stopped to BP it. You won't be putting out dmg like a blm, but if you're joining 2 blms and rdm, more dmg never hurts.

Ix'Drg you act just like a blm, BP then dia2/zone. Smn would be kinda nice for this as your avatar would have the hate allowing you to get a free dia2 off then zoning. Just don't get hit w/ lullaby as stinky mentioned.

edit: pardon if this is obvious but.... make sure to play nice w/ the blms when killing PHs. Best to BP (no /assaulting) right before nukes land and don't wake up slept mobs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

belkinator.livejournal.com

The most recent post is RDM solo/duo of Ix'DRK and Ix'MNK.

Just add a SMN in the strategy and BP with Diabolos and make sure the SMN is well versed in kiting because RDM hate is usually paper thin and SMN job abilities will get hate more than a few times.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I'd think Smn would be great for killing either being that they can send in the Avatar to BP and then zone after most likely not even pulling hate. Trio though you tend to sleep the mobs a lot so Smn is going to have to be careful but I don't see them as leeching.

Would a Smn replace a Rdm or Blm when doing this? Probably not

Would a Smn help in popping and killing these NMs? Absolutely

hmmm very good ideas. I'll see what everyone in my LS thinks of these ideas. The only thing about using Diabolos's Dream Shroud is that its only useful when its close to midnight game time. At 23:00 to 1:00 ingame time Dream Shroud gives a Magic Attack/Defence bonus of around 10%. However at 11:00 to 13:00 ingame time Dream Shroud will only give a 0% to 1% Magic Attack/Defence bonus. But still, I could do Earthen Ward during that time instead of Dream Shroud. Thank you again for the advice. :D

Quote Originally Posted by nsx
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkypoo
    For Ix'Drk you can just BP while its being kited. A mob doesn't need to be stopped to BP it. You won't be putting out dmg like a blm, but if you're joining 2 blms and rdm, more dmg never hurts.

Ix'Drg you act just like a blm, BP then dia2/zone. Smn would be kinda nice for this as your avatar would have the hate allowing you to get a free dia2 off then zoning. Just don't get hit w/ lullaby as stinky mentioned.

edit: pardon if this is obvious but.... make sure to play nice w/ the blms when killing PHs. Best to BP (no /assaulting) right before nukes land and don't wake up slept mobs.
    Predator Claws will miss if you hit it when the mob is being kited :<
    Thats why someone mentioned to BP it when it uses a spell.
    You'll almost always miss the BP because of the mob running out of range if you try to Predator Claws when kiting. Nether Blast would be half decent I guess.

assburgers
    BG Level

I never see "Themob is too far away." as much as I do with a Smn trying to hit something being kited, you definitely have to stop the mob, or gravity it or something.

Also, shouldn't this be Event section?

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Predator Claws will miss if you hit it when the mob is being kited :<
    Thats why someone mentioned to BP it when it uses a spell.
    You'll almost always miss the BP because of the mob running out of range if you try to Predator Claws when kiting. Nether Blast would be half decent I guess.
    This is not a problem if you manually position the avatar. Rather than using Assault, which causes Garuda to follow the mob, just have Garuda follow you as you run slightly ahead of the mob. When Garuda is within range, use the bloodpact, and keep moving. Garuda will keep following you even while doing the pact, which is something she won't do if she's in Assault mode.

It's totally workable once you get the hang of it.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    Also, shouldn't this be Event section?
    no, that's for pseudo-instanced events that more or less have group limits.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

What I do for a kited mob is stand in the kite path with summon out, do a BP (non /assaulted) as the mob approaches, then hit assault immediately after. The summon will start BPing before the mob reaches you and then follow it just past you during the BP in order to not get out of range. All smns should learn this skill to play the job effectively.

This technique can even work on 'fast' kited mobs like Jailer of Temperance, there is just less of a window to do it right the faster the mob is.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I personally never Assautl on any kited mob, period. Run in front of the mob and activate BP then keep running. Some of my friends call it the Power Slide,

Anyway, you pretty much can't miss once you get it down. Can hit Kirin with PC all day long if you feel like it and Nether Blast gets boring.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

We've killed IX`DRG multiple times with a setup of 3-5 smn and a BRD...hardest part is keeping the dot on it...

You have to be sure to assault then bp IX`DRG tho, because if you try to BP as IX`DRG is walking away, then the Wyverns will sync nuke you and possibly 1 shot you ;_;.

We haven't attempted IX`DRK though. I would just assume it would be possible if you know how to conserve MP.

I'd just put BRD on the DOT duty and let the SMNs do the bulk of the damage in that setup.
    Pretty sure Requiem doesn't land unless I am mistaken. BLM or RDM have alot easier time because we get plenty of DOT spells to assure that it won't be left without DOT whereas SMNs only have Dia/Dia II and I guess Poison Nails from Carby lol.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can see Ix'drk being a problem simply because avatars have the evasion of a rock, Fenrir being a mild exception. He'd gain all his hp back from 1 blood weapon.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

For Ix'Drg, smn wouldn't be too much of a leech if you nuke/zone, you could help keep it claimed at the zone. My LS has actually been KS'd when we nuke/zoned once >.>