• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread

dual core + vista + windower crash issue

I know this was posted a few times a while back; people with specifically dual cores (I'm not sure if having an 8 series nvidia card has anything to do with it, but that's what I have) would crash when the actual FFXI application would load up via windower (NOT POL, just FFXI after hitting play the second time). The game worked perfectly without windower (or in some cases with windower lite) but I don't think many people got it to work with windower. There were quite a few lengthy threads on windower's forums if I recall.

Anyway, I just got a new computer a few days ago and I'm having this issue. It's really frustrating and I'm currently undergoing a complete reinstall+reupdate with the UAC dealie turned off, hoping something'll magically happen. Basically, my question: was this issue solved? If so, how? My only other option really is formatting and using XP. Not like I'll really be missing much.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: dual core + vista + windower crash issue

I don't believe it was solved. Try the JP windower and windower-lite. For the record, I have a dual core and i use 64bit vista and haven't encountered this issue before but aware of it.

Re: dual core + vista + windower crash issue

After hearing about the nvidia 8X00 + Vista issues being resolved, i went ahead and tried windower. Works perfectly, no crashing yet.