FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Re: Dragon Ball Z the official live action movie

Quote Originally Posted by sb
    Way too much story to cram into two hours. Going to be the same with Robotech. I don't know how they plan on pulling that off.
    I actually don't think so. Without 50 episoides of powering up and explaining the plan of what the villains are gonna do, I'm sure you could actually accomplish a lot in the DB/DBZ world in two hours.

Either way, I think the movie is gonna be trash+1 and I'm only going to watch it for the lulz.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    The King Piccolo Saga would actually make a terrific live action film, as the story itself is fairly well paced with several climatic/epic confrontations, and could be spun into a very serious, dark story fairly easily. Not to mention that at that point in the story, none of the characters are Superman, and still rely heavily on fast-paced martial arts.

Death of Krillian, search for the Dragonballs while Goku confronts King Piccolo and is horribly beaten, Roshi's last stand, King Piccolo's reign of terror and finally Goku confronts King Piccolo and wins.

To me, that story arc would just make a natural transition to the big screen. Later Sagas took on a much more ridiculous story, which while entertaining and workable for an anime, would be a lot harder to take seriously in a live-action adaption.
    You are absolutely correct, I loved that even when getting the fuck beat out of him, broken arm and leg and all he charged ahead and used Dragon Fist (or was it monkey fist back then?) to defeat him.

Quote Originally Posted by layte
    Is it just me or does Kid Buu literally have a dick head?

GOD DAMN THATS A HUGE COCK!

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by layte
    Is it just me or does Kid Buu literally have a dick head?

GOD DAMN THATS A HUGE COCK!
    Can't,... stop,... staring,.........

Anyone else think the guy going to be playing piccolo does have a slight resemblence to him?

imo, this movie will only be average if it dosnt go too over the top, im all for fast paced martial arts and such, but if it goes beyond a stupid point fanboys will cry.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i think the fanboys are going to cry no matter what they do, all well and good they want to make a live-action movie of dragonball z(or dragonball, who the hell cares) but i'm guessing it's just not going to work...at all

i look forward to this epic failure

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

As long as Bulma shows Roshi her goods.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Well guys if you could pick the cast of a DBZ movie lets say saiyan saga who would you choose for the following...

Goku
    Gohan
    Raditz
    Bulma
    Krillin
    Master Roshi
    Chi-Chi
    Tien
    Piccolo
    Kami
    Popo
    Chouzu
    Nappa
    Vegeta
    King Kai

and probably 1 or 2 more i forgot to list

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

It's going to suck just as much as the Bourne movies did if you are even familiar with the story from the books/manga before the movie comes out.

Directors seem to think their magical interpretations of stories are some gift from the heavens. No, your interpretations suck, and if you'd just keep the original story and not hollywood-ize it you might end up with something alot more interesting.

From what I've seen of the DBZ live action movie (it is DBZ right? Or is the Martial Arts tournament where Goku is an adult still Dragonball? I think the story is going to take place around this time since the Goku in the movie looks to be about a young adult of 20+) it's going to be filled with crap not from the manga and loosely adhere to the story. "Cell Powered Cars" not capsule vehicles, Goku attending Unitech high (I mean wtf at least call it Orange Star High or some shit, honestly Goku didn't even go to school...), Oh ya Goku walks to school. No fucking Nimbus, no fucking flying, no fucking anything, god how fail.

http://www.fallenangelsls.net/forums...1197896124.jpg
    Hi I'm Goku and I walk with Messenger bags on my backz lol; I'm a troubled teen on the school's football team and all I want is to get Chi-chi the co-captain of the Cheerleading squad to notice me. Maybe if I enter this Martial Arts tournament and train with Master Roshi I'll get her attention. That's it! Oh no! Piccolo is entering too, and he wants to kill me! End Movie.

I can understand changing the hair, I can understand changing technology slightly, I can even understand toying with the story a bit to give it a stronger plotline, but to do everything they're already doing to it, and trying to turn the story into something it's not, it'll just suck. This post turned out a bit long because I was kinda thinking this would be fun to see, especially with my friends and this old story we tell (not going to go into it) but it's turning out to be a real let down.

Fucking Directors.

this movie is going to suck the slay bells off of santa's slay.

*I without a doubt, will go see it. Probably Twice*

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

this bothers me that the guy playing goku is a skinny little fag

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Do not want. Leave my childhood memories alone

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by melbufrauma
    this bothers me that the guy playing goku is a skinny little fag
    ha, i'm curious to see as to how they plan to do the whole hair growing 5 feet thing and his muscles getting bigger

this has the makings of hilarity

Also, is he going to have a tail?

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

so many questions that will go unanswered...there's a lot of things they're going to have to do right for this to have any shot at working, the tail, the hair, the (lack of) muslces, i can't wait to see how piccolo's skin comes out

Xavier

The lack of muscles isn't exactly a huge concern, not with the time period the story would be based on. It wasn't really until the Saiyan/Namek Saga that Goku got ripped, before that he was simply well toned and in fantastic shape. As a child he had almost no muscle definition at all.

The actual plot details though, if thats accurate, is kinda gay.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

The cast is fine, there will be no "Super Saiyan" transformations or "omfg 120% power mode; my muscles are HUEG". It's Dragonball time period where they didn't have to transform to keep the watcher's interest.

The plot however, is where this movie will not fail to disappoint, unless they somehow manage to beat some sense into the director.

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Hi I'm Goku and I walk with Messenger bags on my backz lol; I'm a troubled teen on the school's football team and all I want is to get Chi-chi the co-captain of the Cheerleading squad to notice me. Maybe if I enter this Martial Arts tournament and train with Master Roshi I'll get her attention. That's it! Oh no! Piccolo is entering too, and he wants to kill me! End Movie.
    I think my inner child is weeping.

ok if its on DBZ i thought piccolo was good in DBZ and bad in DB