Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Dragon Ball Z the official live action movie

I wonder if they will manage to capture the mood of the series, epic battle with rarely serious character. If it was directed by someone like Josh Whedon, I wouldn't be worried about that, but I've the feeling whoever is directing it is going to fail bad time. It's probably going to come out as some corny action comedy like Dead or Alive.

Xavier

People should have -a little- faith in the production values. FOX isn't retarded, they know the popularity of DBZ, and they know the potential is there to turn the movies into a very lucrative franchise.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    People should have -a little- faith in the production values. FOX isn't retarded, they know the popularity of DBZ, and they know the potential is there to turn the movies into a very lucrative franchise.
    i think this is the inherent problem with making a movie out of DBZ, there's a lot of standards it's going to have to live up to which puts a lot of pressure on FOX, so if they overdo it'll be bad, if they underdo it it'll be bad, and with a background like DBZ has in the world of fanboyism it'll be a hard sell either way, they'll have to try pretty hard to find some middle ground.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

First thought, since it is not DBZ we can at least count on them not having to go all Lord of the Rings with three 2:30 long movies to capture the proper length of a single power-up session.

Second thought, Spike! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Third thought, this is going to be a failure of epic proportions. It is going to be so bad that I can already hear the failure reverberating from across the time stream. This may pollute our timeline so horribly that universes will begin to collapse in on themselves and actually cause a Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Oh lord! It's an antimatter wave!!!!

Is it too much to ask that directors, writers etc actually research the source material? Countless shitty game > movies could have been avoided if people took the time to understand why something is popular.

probably not gonna happen any time soon unless it's by chance, quick cash rules the world.

LOL @ the last one.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRIBLE.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I couldn't stop laughing at the first two. The last one made a small part of me die inside.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Is it too much to ask that directors, writers etc actually research the source material? Countless shitty game > movies could have been avoided if people took the time to understand why something is popular.

probably not gonna happen any time soon unless it's by chance, quick cash rules the world.
    They know the story fine, they just think they are doing it justice by changing it drastically with everything.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Do not want. Leave my childhood memories alone
    Agreed. ;/

I do love me some James Marsters though. ;; Heh, I never knew he was in this til now. (Not like I've really kept up with it or anything) I may see it if all my friends want to, but other than that... probably not.

I'll probably go see it out of morbid curiosity. That and the fact that Spike is the man and Emmy Rossum can be my waifu~ any day.

Banned.

BG Level

First thought, since it is not DBZ we can at least count on them not having to go all Lord of the Rings with three 2:30 long movies to capture the proper length of a single power-up session.
    Long power-ups were only really present in the anime as "filler" content. Power-ups takes a few seconds in the manga, if that. Since the movie doesn't need to add minutes to its length, it likely will be more like the manga in this respect. Additionally, there is no powering up in Dragon Ball.

They should have made it more kiddy and based it on a shortened Red Ribbon Army saga, with Tao being the central villain.

i really really want this to be good cause if its done well it could be fucking cool and lead to some cooler sequals, but most likely its going to suck

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Long power-ups were only really present in the anime as "filler" content. Power-ups takes a few seconds in the manga, if that. Since the movie doesn't need to add minutes to its length, it likely will be more like the manga in this respect. Additionally, there is no powering up in Dragon Ball.

They should have made it more kiddy and based it on a shortened Red Ribbon Army saga, with Tao being the central villain.
    Power-upping session werent as long as people say, but fight still had multiple stage that could get ridiculously long.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Power-upping session werent as long as people say, but fight still had multiple stage that could get ridiculously long.
    Well, there was the one part in the Namek saga where the planet was supposed to explode in like 3 minutes, and in the middle of that was an entire episode of Goku powering up for a good 14-15 minutes.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Well, there was the one part in the Namek saga where the planet was supposed to explode in like 3 minutes, and in the middle of that was an entire episode of Goku powering up for a good 14-15 minutes.
    thought of that same 2 episode thing

also, the red ribbon army thing would be pretty cool, that was always one of my more favorite parts that they never really elaborated too much or at least could have done more with a bit of ease

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    I was talking about manga, never really watched anime except a few random episode here and there. Transition between power stage were always done quickly.

Xavier

Quite honestly, I always preferred filler in the form of extended power-up animations than random shit happening that wastes time and creates gigantic plot holes in the real story.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quite honestly, I always preferred filler in the form of extended power-up animations than random shit happening that wastes time and creates gigantic plot holes in the real story.
    Who doesn't like Mr Robo and "I love Piccolo" song?

It's easy to avoid random filler unless they are included in real story segment. Extended scenes usually get on my nerves faster because I feel forced to watch them.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

http://community.girlpower.it/galler...es_masters.jpg
    As Piccolo... Could work. I'll watch it for sure. Marsters has the evil feel about him already.

Edit: Pic with less hair:
    http://www.filmski.net/slike/automatika/films/1986d.jpg