+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Re: Dragon Ball Z the official live action movie

Quote Originally Posted by Jedimasta
    That's a lot of Dans from Street Fighter Alpha...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

They should've just hired some fucking cosplayers, they do a much better job at portraying the cast. Fuck.

Xavier

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the end of Matrix Revolutions was an episode of DBZ. Piccolo/Vegeta/Freeza/Cell (Smith) proclaiming that Goku (Neo) has lost and that the world belongs to him, followed by a moment of truth where Goku (Neo) realizes that failure isn't an option and miraculously defeats a stronger opponent, all set to the backdrop of aerial combat.

Like I've said before, the technology is there for a live action DBZ, what remains to be seen is if the script and the actors can bring the story and characters to life in a meaningful, exciting way. From the initial stories I read about the movie, it appeared that the plot was absolutely butchered (Goku as a high-school student with a crush on Chichi), but since I haven't read the actual script, I'm reserving my opinion until hard details exist.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I can see a live action DBZ flick making a ton of lewt, even if it is a piece of shit movie, lol. Just the idea of RL characters playing in this sparks enough interest in me to buy a ticket and see the horrible display for myself...

Banned.

BG Level

It's not a DBZ movie, but a DB movie. Huge difference.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

There should be at max 2 people training in those woods. What are they thinking totally changing the story like this.

Is Krillin going to be the Wide receiver while goku is the star quarterback, and the rest of the football team joins them on their martial arts journey for the 23rd world's martial arts tournament? lol

Chichi the head cheerleader will have to decide whether she loves Krillin or Goku when the team's final game and the tournament dates conflict. Will she "Bring It" against those Orange High wahoo's and their head cheerleader Bulma? Can Chichi still win despite Bulma stealing all her team's routines? Will she leave the football final to go support Goku in his martial arts tournament? Or will she abandon her heart and stay with Krillin.

The exciting conclusion on the next episode of Dragonball! (August 2008).

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

i really hope it's more like Sin City in terms of visuals (stark clean lines, not the black and white aspect though obviously) and not at all like the streefighter movie with van damme, and zangief saying such idiotic gems like "We get paid?!"

but yeah, stylish like matrix, id be interested

edit: the 4chan in me hopes for a little IT'S OVER 9000 wink and nod to the meme

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Not necessarily a huge difference. The inclusion of Piccolo (as either himself or King Piccolo) indicates it takes place near the end of Dragonball, where the series had already dramatically shifted from humor/comedy to more action oriented.

movie is FAIL so far, we need a trailer to undo

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    movie is FAIL so far, we need a trailer to confirm
    fixd

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Not necessarily a huge difference. The inclusion of Piccolo (as either himself or King Piccolo) indicates it takes place near the end of Dragonball, where the series had already dramatically shifted from humor/comedy to more action oriented.
    Wait wait wait... I saw a few episodes of Dragonball, you mean that it was supposed to be funny? And here I thought it was a failure of an action show, instead it was a failure of a comedy.

I wouldn't exactly call it a failure, saying it has an identity crisis may be more appropriate. haha

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Wait wait wait... I saw a few episodes of Dragonball, you mean that it was supposed to be funny? And here I thought it was a failure of an action show, instead it was a failure of a comedy.
    Almost every episode of Dragonball, until Goku was an adult or late teen, whatever, had some sort of comedic aspect. It was like your average action anime. The main character does alot of actiony stuff but is goofy alot, too.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm not sure on what level your sarcasm qas (did you read the manga?), but the comedy is what made Dragon Ball so good. Even toward the end when everyone is dead, they still manage to joke around.

Banned.

BG Level

It's like 20 years old at this point, so things tend to age. Especially children comics.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Were all going to pay 8-10 dollars to go see some shitty actor power up for one and a half hours then see to be continued flash across the screen.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

They didn't really power-up all that much in Dragon Ball. :3

Anyway, I'll probably pay to see this trainwreck in action. D:

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    http://kotaku.com/346272/dragonball-actor-hopes-he-does-a-good-goku
    Ahahahha...
    good thing justin chatwin isnt important.

Xavier

Um, the character of Goku, an important character to play, uh, been around on kid's cartoons for a while, uh, so I hope I do a good job.
    O lawd only Jesus can save us.

At least they haven't given anyone any false hope, so if the movie turns out to be actually watchable, it'll just be a pleasant surprise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast