FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Re: Dragon Ball Z the official live action movie

Quote Originally Posted by TV Guide
    TV Guide: You're plunging into a big sci-fi feature next. Can you talk about the live-action Dragonball?
    Marsters: Dragonball is the coolest television cartoon in the last 50,000 years. Its only failing is that the female characters aren't drawn well — we're going to fix that in the movie. It's got a Shakespearean sense of good and evil and there are incredible action scenes with characters of unbelievable power. It's going to be really visually exciting. I was told the budget is about $100 million.

TV Guide: Nice to know you're so enthusiastic. Who do you play?
    Marsters: Lord Piccolo. He's thousands of years old and a very long time ago he used to be a force of good but got into a bad argument and was put into prison for 2,000 years. It got him very angry, and he finds a way to escape and then tries to destroy the world. The cool thing is, anybody who has seen Dragonball knows that Lord Piccolo transforms into a character named Piccolo, and that is a whole other ball of wax. That is one of the most popular characters in the whole series. I've been told I'm working for people who will just flay me alive if I give too much information, but what I can tell you is the character is green, bald and has pointed ears. Heroic wouldn't be the wrong term by the end, but it's a long journey.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

That's roughly correct if I'm not mistaken, no?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

First thing that stood out to me is the budget part of it.

Is the guy playing Goku the son from War of the Worlds?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    Yep. That'd be him.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Yep. That'd be him.
    I knew he looked familiar...Now I have even less hopes for this movie.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Murdock Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Yep. That'd be him.
    I knew he looked familiar...Now I have even less hopes for this movie.
    rofl, my thoughts exactly.

Every interview with these actors opening their mouths just makes this movie worse and worse.... "My character's bald, green and has pointy ears! YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM, EVEN THOUGH I JUST TOLD YOU LOL OH SHIT MY PRODUCERS WILL KILL ME. Although I eluded to being a villain, sadly, however, I will forego being 100% evil to jump into an oncoming wave of raw energy to save the 6-year-old child of my arch enemy and then further humiliate myself by having tears streaming down my face and remembering the year we had together. I rather much look forward to doing this scene, as my character I think, will become an hero whom small children shout my name anytime I appear on screen, while I look ominous. It'll win an oscar for sure."

Besides that, him saying they're "fixing" the girl problem DBZ had? Uh...if they meant Bulma and the random cutscenes of her PMSing or freaking out from a broken nail or being a total whore, the movie better just focus on fighting, cause the last thing this train wreck needs is right as Goku's ready to slam Piccolo into a building is a cutaway to Bulma or Lunch or whatever girl being fondled by Chow Yun Fat or some goofy shit.

On a side note, that YouTube video already outdoes this movie.

assburgers
    BG Level

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1007483/d ... station_3/

Need to show the producers this, maybe?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    The movie that will do better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tg9nQ4MmDo
    1, this was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1007483/dragonball_z_burst_limit_for_playstation_3/

Need to show the producers this, maybe?
    2, when does this come out?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Murdock Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Quote Originally Posted by ninjafox

2, when does this come out?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

That game looks awesome, another reason for me to buy a PS3.

EDIT: Gamestop's website has a release date of July 15th, 2008.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Comes out on the 360 too.

The gameplay doesn't seem that different from other games yet so I'm not really intrigued after being dissapointed with Budokai 3 for the Wii, so we'll see I guess.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks like it follows the actual storyline, hmm.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk

The gameplay doesn't seem that different from other games yet so I'm not really intrigued after being dissapointed with Budokai 3 for the Wii, so we'll see I guess.
    Budokai 3 or Budokai Tenkaichi 3? BT3 was pretty good as far as the amount of characters you have to choose from and the whole story thing was pretty entertaining to me. I have the PAL version that kept the english/japanese voices in tact. I'm not sure if the NA version did the same.

This game though looks pretty good. As far as the cutscenes and what not, it seems to follow the story closer than the other games and doesn't leave anything out. I wonder how far this game goes? Just to the Freiza/Freeza/Freezer saga as it'll be the first in a few games or all the way through Buu? Hrm. I dunno. D:

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Budokai 3 or Budokai Tenkaichi 3? BT3 was pretty good as far as the amount of characters you have to choose from and the whole story thing was pretty entertaining to me. I have the PAL version that kept the english/japanese voices in tact. I'm not sure if the NA version did the same.

This game though looks pretty good. As far as the cutscenes and what not, it seems to follow the story closer than the other games and doesn't leave anything out. I wonder how far this game goes? Just to the Freiza/Freeza/Freezer saga as it'll be the first in a few games or all the way through Buu? Hrm. I dunno. D:
    Probably just Frieza saga from Saiyan considering the cutscene-like material it seems to have.

I meant the one where everything is in a 3D plane, think it's Budokai Tenkaichi.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Probably just Frieza saga from Saiyan considering the cutscene-like material it seems to have.

I meant the one where everything is in a 3D plane, think it's Budokai Tenkaichi.
    Yeah, sounds like it. The only redeeming quality in that was the fighting/amount of characters. The story mode was sort of disappointing, I agree.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Yeah, sounds like it. The only redeeming quality in that was the fighting/amount of characters. The story mode was sort of disappointing, I agree.
    yeah, I didn't much like the character customization either, it was really half assed even compared to BudokaiT 2. The few friends I got to actually play it with me didn't get into it so I never really got to enjoy the one part of the game I found interesting, multiplayer, and online lagged like a motherfucker, so yeah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast