Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Dragon Ball Z the official live action movie

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809961064/details

Supposed to be released Aug 2008, I looked at the actors and I think that they could have picked better ones but who knows, they might pull it off.

Now few things I am wondering about...

Are they going to stick with the DBZ storyline or make a new one?
    Is the fighting going to be exactly like DBZ or are they going to change/slow it down(i hope not).
    Are they gonna go for a cartoonish feel like the new speed racer movie or make it realistic like xmen?

I dunno, it could be good it could suck. I'm banking that if they stick to the story, keep the fight scenes the same and add special effects they could pull it off.

Just something about goku doing a Kameahmeha with matrix style effects and the sound of it as he does it brings a smile to my face for some reason

so what do you guys think? Will it be good? Will it suck? Who should play which character? And if you don't like DBZ do you think you might see the movie?

/discuss

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: Dragon Ball Z the official live action movie

It'll probably be bad, but I'll watch it anyways.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

id trust imdb.com over yahoo since they have more info and theyre always reliable, hes the link for the imdb page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327

Uh, wasn't it a movie of Dragonball? Not Dragonball Z?

Edit: Haha, Chow Yun-Fat is gonna be Master Roshi.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

yea thats dragon ball, not dragon ball z

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I looked up several webpages and they say its going to be DBZ and why would they cast goku has a man if it is indeed about dragonball when goku is like 8?

Its about DBZ probably sayian saga...

EDIT: Looked at IMBD and its conflicting with other things I have seen, I hope its DBZ the fights are more intense and better storyline IMO

I don't remember where i read this, IGN i think, but the movie will focus on the battles between piccolo and goku, should be new story also. Piccolo is gonna be brutal, not sympathetic.

Should make it good if they keep him as evil as he was originally.

IMO, there's absolutely no way that this movie can be even close to being good.

(I'll still probably see it)

Yeah I'm going to see it whether it bombs or not. My life won't be complete until I see some CG kamehameha aerial battles and shiz.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I liked the old live action DB movie ^_^

Xavier

The final 15 minutes of the last Matrix movie served as a preview for a live-action DBZ movie, so from a visual standpoint, theres no reason why this movie couldn't be cool.

However, my money is on it sucking anyway, as much as I'd like for it to be good.

They're gonna have to give the story a much more serious take, cause if they straight up adapt it from the anime it's gonna be the laughing stock of hollywood.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

http://www.dragonballmovieblog.com/

The original Dragon Ball was more comical than action packed, as far as I can remember. It's being produced by Hong Kong actor Stephen Chow (Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle, etc.), so it should hopefully be funny at least, with lots of physics-breaking martial arts moves lol. I'm pretty sure there was an old HK movie with a lot of famous Chinese actors in it based on Street Fighter (and for some reason Goku was in it), with bad hair and everything, because stupid comedies are so popular XD I really hope the DB movie won't end up like that.
    edit: link

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    I liked the old live action DB movie ^_^
    Dragon Pearl is fucking classic

Quote Originally Posted by Evex
    The movie is supposed to be based on the original Dragon Ball, and it's going to be set during high school
    Well Goku never went to any normal school ;o One of the funny things about DB had to do with Goku doesn't know what normal life was about...

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Adapted for screen D: And American audiences lol I don't really know how it's going to turn out without all the constant "Journey to the West" references :\

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphise
    I don't remember where i read this, IGN i think, but the movie will focus on the battles between piccolo and goku, should be new story also. Piccolo is gonna be brutal, not sympathetic.

Should make it good if they keep him as evil as he was originally.
    Ya I remember reading this in a few places too. Here's one of them.

http://movies.go.com/moviesproxy/tipster?id=926395

I think that it would take a work of genius to make this movie a great movie, but with most movies I've seen lately my expectations are low and I'm pretty sure this will suck. But like most others here I will still go to judge for myself.

Lets not forget who's directing it. ^- ^

Xavier

The King Piccolo Saga would actually make a terrific live action film, as the story itself is fairly well paced with several climatic/epic confrontations, and could be spun into a very serious, dark story fairly easily. Not to mention that at that point in the story, none of the characters are Superman, and still rely heavily on fast-paced martial arts.

Death of Krillian, search for the Dragonballs while Goku confronts King Piccolo and is horribly beaten, Roshi's last stand, King Piccolo's reign of terror and finally Goku confronts King Piccolo and wins.

To me, that story arc would just make a natural transition to the big screen. Later Sagas took on a much more ridiculous story, which while entertaining and workable for an anime, would be a lot harder to take seriously in a live-action adaption.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Way too much story to cram into two hours. Going to be the same with Robotech. I don't know how they plan on pulling that off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast