+ Reply to Thread
    I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

Doctor Who: Voyage of the Damned (Tomorrow)

I'm hoping i'm not the only one looking forward to it. Airs on Xmas Day around 6PM <brit time> or something :D Figured some people might have forgot about it, since NuWho starts in late March/April.

[edit] It airs at 1:50PM EST, and at 71 minutes, i'm guessing we will see a torrent around 4~6PM EST, tomorrow.

Atlasion

Re: Doctor Who: Voyage of the Damned (Tomorrow)

I'm looking forward to it too.. Sadly it seems to be the highlight of my christmas day, heh.

Did anyone see the yesterdays Top Gear with David Tennant on it? Poor car...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot about this. x_x

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasion
    I'm looking forward to it too.. Sadly it seems to be the highlight of my christmas day, heh.

Did anyone see the yesterdays Top Gear with David Tennant on it? Poor car...
    It's the highlight of mine too, but i'm jewish >_>

I heard about the Top Gear thing, I kinda wanted to see it. It's always a bit off to hear Tennant not speaking "brit" but his natural accent @_@ He seems to do *ALOT* of stuff: guest spot on alot of shows, charities, benefits, radio shows, interviews, etc.

Finally more Dr Who. I hope they keep David on for a few more seasons, I really like him

Favorite episode? Mine is definitely blink.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    Finally more Dr Who. I hope they keep David on for a few more seasons, I really like him

Favorite episode? Mine is definitely blink.
    Tennant is staying for this season, as well as next year's Xmas special + 3 "special" episodes spread throught 2009, as he's taking the year off to do Hamlet with the Royal Shakespeare Company or something (I believe with Patrick Stewart as well). He hasn't confirmed or denied that he will be around for the 2010 season, though I think it seems likely. I believe the BBC has stated that there will be a full series regardless in 2010, if Tennant reprises the role or not.

And yeah, many people's favorite episode is "Blink", though for some reason it has it's haters. "Blink" and "Lady in the Fireplace" seem to come out near the top of people's favorite episodes of NuWho.

Another note: Torchwood will pick up again I believe in January, the first or second week. The Sarah Jane Adventures (slightly more child oriented, but still had some good episodes) also got picked up for another season, my guess would be it airs a bit after Doctor Who raps up it's 2008 season. The order seems to be I think: Torchwood January>March --> Doctor Who April->June --> Sarah Jane Adventures a month or two after, leaving a month or two gap until the Who Xmas Special.

Of course, if you want Dr. Who news, here's your best resource: http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php

Now if only I can get a DVD quality version of the 5 minute special "Time Crash" from last month, with Tennant and Peter Davison (The fifth doctor) You might wanna try watching it on Youtube, as it takes place during 5 minutes between the end of last year's season finale and today's Xmas special.

Atlasion

Billie Piper was hinting that this would be David Tennants last series. Another reason to not like her..

He sounded so much more Scottish on Top Gear :D

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

Was she as well? I didn't hear that one, although Catherine Tate who will be playing one of the Doctor's assistants this year (Donna, from last year's Xmas special) did say on the radio that it might be, to which Tennant quickly quoted "I don't know~" and that he's just going decide when the time comes.

Fun Trivia: In S2 of the new series, he uses his real voice when talking to the Queen

Atlasion

Oh, it may have been Catherine Tate who said it. Both her and Billie Piper annoy the hell out of me.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

I'm less fond of Piper, but I adored what little we saw of Tate last year.

For those killing the time until the torrent, I suggest: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/shada/

It's a semi-animated Who story featuring the 8th Doctor. The story was supposed to be done in I believe the final season of the 4th Doctor, but due to many issues, never got realized. I believe it became very popular, as it was/is/something involving a huge amount of work by Douglas Adams of the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The Doctor is actually voice by the real 8th Doctor, which is just awesome. A throughly kick ass tale, I only found out about a few weeks ago, so I hope others enjoy it too.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

Torrent's out, all over your favorite torrent spots~ Mininova, torrentspy, etc~ Go get it.

Btw: Fucking fantastic~ And the previews for upcoming stories are awesome :D

The Doctor & Kylie = Christmas joy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hope he sticks around for a while longer. Christopher Eccleston definitely didn't stay around long enough, I would hate to see David Tennant leave too soon as well.

Plus there are only three incarnations left.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    It's the BBC, if the British people demand more doctors, they'll fucking well find a way round it.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

Yeah. I was unhappy when Eccleston left, he was awesome too, and i'm sure whoever replaces Tennant is gonna be awesome, in like, I hope 5+ years >_>

I'm sure they'll also find a way around whole 12 Regenerations thing, simply cause the show isn't gonna end I think, for a long long time.

Spoilertext:

The previews were wtfpwn. Things I noticed: Foremost, Davros~ If that face wasn't Davros, i'll be damned. At one point it looked like we saw Cassandra as well for a quick moment. One other that confused me was it looked like the assistant lady to the Duke of Manahatten. All the Donna scenes were pretty neat as well. I'm really psyched for the new season.

Next up: Torchwood, first episode has James Marsters as a past associate of Captain Jack's! And even tho i'm from Quebec and speak french, i'm totally mispelling this: Allonsy!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    It's the BBC, if the British people demand more doctors, they'll fucking well find a way round it.
    They are kind of boxed into a corner with it. There are no other Time Lords left to give him their incarnations, unless they come up with a Deus Ex Machina that breaks the central theme to the race.

They are kind of boxed into a corner with it. There are no other Time Lords left to give him their incarnations, unless they come up with a Deus Ex Machina that breaks the central theme to the race.
    If they can write The Master back in, and I'm glad they did, I hope they can figure something out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If they can write The Master back in, and I'm glad they did, I hope they can figure something out.
    Shhh! You're going to ruin my awesome plan of guilting David Tennant into staying for a few more seasons.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

What Shue said. If you watch "The Five Doctors" (It's available on Youtube >_>), they offer the Master a complete new set of regenerations for helping the Doctor, so we know that it's somehow possible.

I'm still not ruling out the Time Lords coming back, since like... Everything has come back. Dalek after Dalek, Cybermen, the Master, this year it seems certain to have Davros, somehow. If not the Time Lords, at least Romana