Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yey! Another Haste Topic!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Re: Yey! Another Haste Topic!

I know this doesn't help the OP very much. But I have a 72DNC I can lend to anyone on my server that wants to test haste samba, since I don't know how.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does sword strap delay reduction is calculated as another different term or it is in the same term as Desperate Blow and Hasso?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Probably calculated in the same manner as dual wield haste reduction, else 2h zerging would be a lot more broken than they were with 3% extra pseudo haste back then.

66.3398 delay / 60 = ~1.105 hits per second
    I'm confused, don't you mean seconds per hit?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by CelinaAlexander
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Lasky
    Quote Originally Posted by CelinaAlexander
    No
    You sure about that?

1.105 x 30 = ~33.1699 frames per hit
    Because she's using 1.105 as seconds here.

hi, my brain just IMPLODED!

Quote Originally Posted by VZX
    Does sword strap delay reduction is calculated as another different term or it is in the same term as Desperate Blow and Hasso?
    Sword Strap is calculated first and it reduces TP gain like DW/MA, Haste/March/DB/Hasso are calculated after strap.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Gonna bump this cause this rumor needs to die.
    -Weakness caps you at -1024/1024 magical haste. (100% Slow)
    and @ http://bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45787
    While weakened, recast for spells are affected by Eq Haste + Fastcast, but unaffected by magic haste.
    This is 100% untrue. Please stop spreading this lie ;( So many people kept telling me this and i'm like wtf that cant be true...

For a long time I was warry on believing it, but every time i thought to do test myself i was too near end of weakened timer.

Finally got it done tonight, and haste works AS NORMAL when weakened. Casted Raise without any haste gear and what do you know? My haste works! Proof below

Please - end this bullshit lie >.< or wait; maybe i shouldnt be posting this so i can slack off on hasting melees who continue to melee while weakened! >_>
    note: model is in normal gear due to blinkmenot.
    http://windower.net/images/hasteworks.png

Suggestion from ashira to clarify things on screen for those who dont know off hand.

Raise3 is 1 min recast - 2 mins weakened.
    Picture was taken EXACTLY as it appeared in recast
    From picture you can see: I only have 2 pieces of zenith on so I could have enough mp to cast Raise3 (coulda used 1 but who cares)
    Behind my equipment UI you can see my buffs (although faded): 2x Ballads, Haste, Sigil
    Raise3 while weakened with no haste and no gear = 2mins exactly.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Shouldn't turban be 51/1024, and not 50/1024?

(Is the actual denominator supposed to be 512 of 1024? Because that makes a big difference..)

Wow, way to be a complete dick for no particular reason. You're like the kid who spams capslock in LS chat when he doesn't get a drop.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by TybudX View Post
    Wow, way to be a complete dick for no particular reason. You're like the kid who spams capslock in LS chat when he doesn't get a drop.
    Huh?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by TybudX View Post
    Think you posted in wrong thread man lol.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

More importantly...

Aikar is a taru?

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hi Aikar~ Yes the information is wrong. The post I made was from 7 months ago which was around the time Weakness was changed. There's a few incorrect points in my post, but I just haven't been keeping it updated. (I felt dumb re-editting my post and bumping it everytime I found new information or additions. The haste cap information isn't present either.) I planned to have a big update after I had finished running tests on fastcast, slow, and data on how rounding works /w different terms. The BG-Wiki article is even older and still refers to /512 system.

Going back a few years, Weakness did in fact cap magical haste. Although about 2 months ago in another thread it was pointed out to me and others that this had changed. http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58429. The way weakness works now is weird. According to the JP site linked the changed occured in the patch of November '07.

I apologize if my outdated information caused some confusion, I'll go over it now and add a note.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but Haste spell affecting recast timers while under the effect of weakness has been there for a long time, probably 2 or 3yrs.
    Kirschy can you show me where is written that weakness was changed(within the last 7 months)? Because the only 2 things done to weakness that i can recall were: damage dealt while double weak and experience loss reduction to Raise.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't have any personal proof to offer, I'm sorry. There is the old discussion talk from the otherwiki: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ta...atus_Effect%29. Teorem posted pictures of Raise III being unaffected by Haste Spell while weakened. I'm sure there are others that can attest to having tried this from years past. Haste from equipment has always helped though.

Unfortunately spell haste affecting weakness was a ninja patch, there was no mention of it. The Japanese site claiming the change took place in Nov '07 appears to be accurate though. (Someone from the Wiki discussion page noted that haste affected recast on Feb '08, while Teorem's pictures were from Aug '08.)

Also, I'm sorry I missed another poster but Turban is 50/1024. While 51/1024 would make sense, you can test for 1/1024 of accuracy by incrementing wind/sing skill on Victory March and watching for where the recast changes on Dread Spikes.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

With respect to the weakend/magical haste theory changes in nov '07. is it possible that you were all going on false information to begin with? it wasnt until spekkio told me that haste(spell) had no effect on recasts while weakend, some months ago, that i did a double take on my screen lol. i recall thinking it was the stupidest thing i'd ever heard and had to sit there and prove to him that it did in fact have an effect on recast timers albeit, not quite the expected returns. as long as i can remember (whm for nearing 5 years now) haste has always had an effect on raise recasts, and marches as well. i have met other whms who say the same thing as well, this new "breakthrough" information from some unheard of patch in november has many of us saying whaaaaaat, as in wtf were you guys smoking prior to this lol as there was no change made to begin with...

perhaps it was a simple mistake? maybe someone tested delays and said well, this lowers this delay by 0% so it must apply to everything? I have heard of this elusive image of some whm casting raise with haste whilst weakend and not getting the same returns but i've yet to see it and one would have to question what else was going on in the scenario. is all we have to go on, this?

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I had tested it plenty of times in the past. (Plenty of others had too.) Also the link I provided showed screenshots of someone performing a test while weakened with no reduction in recast. All of the recent tests/data showing spell haste affecting recast only occur in the last 8 months... which happens to coincide with the Nov '07 patch idea. Everything appears to support this. Whats important is that we understand how it works now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    I had tested it plenty of times in the past. (Plenty of others had too.) Also the link I provided showed screenshots of someone performing a test while weakened with no reduction in recast. All of the recent tests/data showing spell haste affecting recast only occur in the last 8 months... which happens to coincide with the Nov '07 patch idea. Everything appears to support this. Whats important is that we understand how it works now.
    sorry i've seen no such screenshot in any of the links you've provided, perhaps you could show me where? ^^

Edit: nvm found em lol