Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PLD/nin gear help     submit to reddit submit to twitter

watdream

PLD/nin gear help

HI i was just hopeing to get some good info on PLD/NIN.
    MY freind has been useing PLD/WAR for over a year and i want her to get into useing /NIN. I was hopeing that i could get some good gear set ups and info for her and some helpfull tips. We do limbus, Sea, Sky and dynamis alot so getting gear from there isnt hard just may take time. We dont do HNM's as of now but may in time. Any helpful tips you can give to help would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time.

Re: PLD/nin gear help

Haste. Shield Skill. Enmity.

Good things: Homam legs, feet, hands. Gallant feet +1. Swift Belt. Walahra Turban. Aegishjalmr.
    Bad things: Martial Abjurations.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

can just scroll through this thread and get ideas on what people use. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20863

Depends on your playstyle, some use more haste, some use more enmity. Some people use AF+1 Feet, some use Homam, some use Askar. etcetc. Shit is situational.

Important things are Haste and Enmity. HP and MP are a bonus. Shield is nice for casting shadows.

I use alot of swaps but things I use are/include;

Main: Macu+1
    Sub: Koenig Shield
    Range: Lamia Kaman
    Head: Aegishjalmr
    Neck: Parade Gorget(idle), Shield Torque(ichi,ni,oshit), Harmonia's Torque(flash,/ja)
    Earrings: Ethereal/Cassie(lolTaruHP) Hades+1(flash/ja)
    Body: AF+1
    Hands: Homam
    Rings: Herc/BQR
    Back: Gigant/Cerb
    Waist: SteppeSash(idle), Warwolf(ja), Swift(flash)
    Legs: Homam, W.Legs
    Feet: AF+1, Askar(kite)

might have missed some stuff but that is mostly basic, easy to obtain gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sipar

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

enmity gear. don't be a lazy ass and keep your haste gear in full-time. gear swap it for recasts.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Stelaereous
    enmity gear. don't be a lazy ass and keep your haste gear in full-time. gear swap it for recasts.
    Very good point. For PLD/NIN tanking I'm usually in the following

Main: Macuhatil+1
    Sub: Koenig Shield
    Range: Lamia Kaman
    Head: Walahara Turban
    Neck: Harmonia's Torque
    Ear1: Etherial Earring
    Ear2: Knight's Earring (or Fowling Earring, depends on if I can actually hit for more than 0)
    Body: Gallant Surcoat +1
    Hands: Homam Manopolas
    Ring1: Hercules' Ring (or Ulthalam's Ring if I'm wearing Fowling Earring)
    Ring2: Sattva Ring
    Back: Resentment Cape
    Waist: Warwolf Belt (want a Trance Belt though, but $$$)
    Legs: Homam Coscicles
    Feet: Gallant Leggings +1

During Flash casting I swap out out Ear2 for my Loquacious Earring and put on as much +Enmity gear as I have

During Utsu casting I swap in the following:
    Neck: Shield Torque
    Ear1: Loquacious Earring
    Ear2: Knight's Earring
    Back: Boxer's Mantle
    Waist: Quick Belt (yeah yeah lol all you want, I just never got around to getting a Swift Belt)
    Also, had I a Blitz Ring I would plop that in place of my Hercules' Ring, but I don't think it's all that necessary

I'm pretty darn happy with this gear set, and since I'm not in an end-game shell there's not much I can do about it to improve. However, I should say that whenever the Windower breaks and I can't use the macros for it I just don't play PLD - I need all those extra macro lines to do everything properly.

Crimson Scale Mail, Blitz Ring, Koenig Schus, Toreador's Cape, OHat, Soil Ring, Quick Belt, Knight's Earring, Dual Wield Durandal and Tutelary, Rosenbogen (don't forget a Rune Arrow for VIT+1, they stack so get 99 if you can for +99 VIT).

Try and get haste, marches are attack speed only and don't affect recasts, I don't care what anyone says, it's true, 2 Minne or Paeon is good, you won't be getting hit much if you have evasion merits.

Send PM if you need any more help.

~~
    mod edit: don't be a jackass, consider this a warning, or take it to spam forum.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I recently got my pld to 75, was wondering about feet for /nin. I have both homam and af1+1. shit is situational? or what? better to have +shield for chance of interuption down or haste for recast?

Liquidedust

Quote Originally Posted by yrpaine
    I recently got my pld to 75, was wondering about feet for /nin. I have both homam and af1+1. shit is situational? or what? better to have +shield for chance of interuption down or haste for recast?
    Haste will really no nothing for you if you get interrupted, then again haste does more for if you don't.

e.g. shit is situational (I like a decent mix of shield/haste though, and the skill from AF1+1 feet is hard to beat skill-wise)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

input /ma "Utsusemi: Ichi/Ni";
    input /equip feet "Gallant Leggings +1";
    pause (however long it takes to get to ~50% for casting utsu ichi/ni)
    input /equip feet "Homam (w/e they're called)";

This should work so you get the best of both. Worst case, you use AF feet (+1) for ichi, and homam for ni.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valrath
    input /ma "Utsusemi: Ichi/Ni";
    input /equip feet "Gallant Leggings +1";
    pause (however long it takes to get to ~50% for casting utsu ichi/ni)
    input /equip feet "Homam (w/e they're called)";

This should work so you get the best of both. Worst case, you use AF feet (+1) for ichi, and homam for ni.
    usually i will put a /recaste utsusemi after my macro too :D

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obev

Good things: Homam legs, feet, hands. Gallant feet +1. Swift Belt. Walahra Turban. Aegishjalmr.
    wut

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Medivac

wut
    If you're missing Homam legs, Turban is the only way to get yourself to/near the recast cap.

I figure if you don't do kings or Bahamut part II, and therefore lack Aegishjalmr or Bahamut's Mask, the turban is your best bet in the head slot. As the above poster makes clear, it will aid recasts if you're lacking haste gear in other slots.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Depends on what yo prefer. I sed to use Homam for Haste but I like having AF+1 in fulltime now, just incase. It really all depends on how you play and such. I rarely have problems with Utsu timers and imo blocking that dbl attack that got past Utsu or blocking to get it up is better.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I use the turban for my /nin haste build, since I don't have Homam legs. In fact, I have access to very, very little haste period, so unless I absolutely absolutely feel I need the defense/hp/shield skill from Koenig head (no Baha mask/Aegishjalmr), I'll put the turban on.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

I figure if you don't do kings or Bahamut part II, and therefore lack Aegishjalmr or Bahamut's Mask, the turban is your best bet in the head slot. As the above poster makes clear, it will aid recasts if you're lacking haste gear in other slots.
    That's my situation. If I had a Bahamut's Mask or an Assjammer then I would wear it over the Turban, but as it stands I'm generally okay on Enmity from merits and using the Mac+1 over Hauticlare (which I don't have either, go-go no end-game LS for the last 8 months)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You'll pretty much hit the recast cap with Homam Legs/Hands/Swift Belt along with full buffs, so I usually keep Gallant +1 on most of the time. If you're feeling comfortable and you're having no problems with shadows then put the Homam on .

Relic Shield
    BG Level

How about, homam for Utsusemi: Ni, while af+1 for Utsusemi: ichi. I'm not pld, but when i'm playing my nin, usually i will go for full haste for Ni, but will replace some slot for evasion or reduce interuption for ichi, depending on the mobs I'm tanking.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Some WHM's might not like the idea of a tank constantly switching visable gear, especially on Ichi where you can easily get a double attack and start getting hit.