+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI crashing issue.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

FFXI crashing issue.

I keep crashing (Read: freezing) at the same spot in the same zone every time. I've tried every thing I could think of. Ran without windower, ran the normal game, ran without mods, ran without plugins. Nothing has worked so far. I'm running an nvidia card with the ForceWare Release 169 drivers (Windows XP). I'm at a loss.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9...3391565kc2.png

This is the spot I keep freezing at. I have to end the task in task manger as well.

Re: FFXI crashing issue.

I've got the same issue, checked all FFXI files and etc. Only differences are my specs, and that my "dead" spot is in Sauromonge, right where you are teleported for Campaign, so my character has been stuck on the dead spot for about a week now. Posted a thread on here, but one thread is pretty pathetic.

Are you getting a POL crash error on that spot from Windows? Or is your system entirely locking up?

Re: FFXI crashing issue.

No error message. Just FFXI locking up. My whole system locks up if I run FFXI like normal (Not in a window or with windower). Otherwise I just have to end the task in task manager like I said. Tried rolling back video drivers and is still happening.