Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Quizno

Competing Energy of Same Element

Was looking at this for Moglification: Clothcraft.

I think I read in another thread that the 200k GP items have a stength of 10?

In an earth set up if I were to switch to Oak Tables (currently Maple Tables) which have a strength of 10 what moghancement do I end up with? None?

Wiki only covers "Lightning vs Earth" off setting (for instance).

I'm 110k/200k right now, but I'd like to plan ahead.

Edit: This same question was asked in July '07 but was never answered. Nothing else popped up on search for competing energy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Re: Competing Energy of Same Element

I just got Moglification Clothcraft, and it has been confirmed that it is 10 strength (versus the 9 from Gilt and other furnishing guild items).

From my own understanding trying to manage the Fire and Wind 9 strength Sandy and Windy flags with my Tapestry, whatever element has the most strength at the end wins, and whatever furnishing has the most strength of that element wins the moghancement type.

So, if you have the 10 strength beds (say 3 for 30 strength) but you have 31 earth strength (tapestry and signboard is 19 right off the bat, just keep a maple taple or so), earth and therefore moglification will win out.

i may be misreading the OP and it may be that the sign/tapestry counts as a single entity, thus giving it a super strength, but i know for normal moghancements, if you have 2 items of the same individual aura strength and the same element, if that is the dominant element, you will end up with a moghancement of that element rather than either bestowed by the items. for example, let's pretend you have an oak bed and a desk. both are a 5 strength aura and are experience/region respectively. if they were the only objects in your moghouse, you would receive moghancement conquest. i'm not sure if i'm answering your question though.

Quizno

That is what I was afraid of.

Oak table is 10 earth strength. (4 x 3)

Weaver's Sign would be 10 earth stength.

Guild Tapestry is 9 strength.

Maple table is 8 earth strength. (5 x 3)

Hopefully the moglifcation has 19 strength when comparing like elements.

Guess I need to wait 3 weeks =/

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno

Elemental power doesn't help at all, so unless you're concerned about elemental dominance, don't sweat it.

Quizno

Im worried that using Oak Tables with 10 stength will cancel out my moglification >.>

Im worried that using Oak Tables with 10 stength will cancel out my moglification >.>
    Having the Imperial Standard (AU mission reward) and San d'Orian flag in mog with dominant fire energy gave me Moghancement: Fire, rather than either of their respective moghancements. Other people have confirmed the same thing happening here. However, moglification being new and weird, you never know if it'll behave differently, can't really hurt to check since if you're that close to getting the sign you may as well go for it and then get something other than tables to boost your earth energy if it doesn't work out.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If moglification works the same as moghancement, you'd get Earth moghancement from that setup. You'd have to take out the Oak table to get the moglification back. When I put both my Emeralda and Bastokan flag in at the same time I get Lightning moghancement, even though neither (or anything else in my house) gives Lightning moghancement normally. Just to reiterate what was said above and in that other thread.

Ohbtw edit: For those of you who want ice moghancement for whatever reason, go out and get the event snowmen like, right now. They're 4 storage and ice strength (Ice moghancement) each, which gives you 9 extra slots for stuff AND saves you space in your layout, replacing 4 Tarutaru screens. The downside, of course, being that they are decidedly...creepy looking

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Araius

Ohbtw edit: For those of you who want ice moghancement for whatever reason, go out and get the event snowmen like, right now. They're 4 storage and ice strength (Ice moghancement) each, which gives you 9 extra slots for stuff AND saves you space in your layout, replacing 4 Tarutaru screens. The downside, of course, being that they are decidedly...creepy looking
    I got rid of two bronze beds with the snowmen and I love the way they look <.< I had a taru folding screen maze for a long while but I changed to lots of beds instead cause I was tired of the ugly screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg
    Quote Originally Posted by Araius

I got rid of two bronze beds with the snowmen and I love the way they look <.< I had a taru folding screen maze for a long while but I changed to lots of beds instead cause I was tired of the ugly screens.
    must try! too bad you have that big blocked out section in the middle so it can't be too complicated, but still, that sounds fun. ^^ do you have any pictures of it?