Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ashu Talif Tier 1     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

Ashu Talif Tier 1

Since star sapphire is nonexistent on my server's AH, and matron dagger is probably the best offhand for DNC, I've been wanting to do some of tier 1 for my DNC.

Anyone have any specific strategy that utilizes 3-4 people? I'm wondering if there is a trick to doing this BC like the other 2 that will make it easier to small group (tier 2 has crew holding, tier 3 has monkey/captain separate pulling)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Re: Ashu Talif Tier 1

BLU x4 Body Slam spam. Spread out a bit so no matter where they pop, they get owned near-instantly. Frypan for backup.

not so much small manning i guess but 4 blms pretty much destroyed the bc. rdm and pld were basically just there as cheerleaders

what exactly is the crew holding strat for tier2 though?

While 4xBLM or 4xBLU can easily decimate the crew members (fomor) that pop on tier 1, what do they do about gekko? Matron knife box only appears if Gekko dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeto
    not so much small manning i guess but 4 blms pretty much destroyed the bc. rdm and pld were basically just there as cheerleaders

I'm pretty sure the crew doesnt keep popping to attack npc so if you can hold the guy before it reaches npc don't have to keep killing them I think.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leeto

Have 1 person hold a crew indefinitely after clearing the first wave on the upperdeck, that way the NPC stays on the upper deck, and you can be free to clear the marines and zerg bart.

We usually 3 man it with MNK/NIN, SAM/DNC, RDM/WHM and can get 3 box pretty regularly (used 2 hour to kill Bart though, otherwise the crews that spawn as bart's HP drop will damage the NPC)

Guess we'll just farm tier 2 for gil then, thought that someone might have a strategy that doesn't require AoE spammer, but if it's BLU/BLM zerg, none of us have the requires job.

4 MNK/NIN 1 WHM or RDM, 1 BLM

MNK kill the fomor fast and have AoE ws, plus they have better survivalbility. BLM cannot live long, so 4 BLM is extremly hard, plus hard to kill IMP.

We won easy with this set up, getting the IMP down to 28% on 1st pop, killing on 2nd.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

To reiterate what I've said a million times, body slam sucks. Frypan does MORE damage, costs less MP, STUNS, adds better stats when equipped, and costs less set points. Spam battle dance and use frypan when recast is up, as a blu anyway. I would only use body slam if you have an overabundance of mp.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

T1 is a joke. Any job that has aoe ws can be effective. Hell even dagger aoe ws cyclone does the trick. Rng with machine xbow and holys basically one shots any of the ones that pop and it ridiculously fast.

It's not hard because the mobs have so little hp. Just need aoe ws to pop off.