+ Reply to Thread

Is my computer running to hot?

I have been upgrading my computer lately; so for Christmas i got an EVGA 8800GTS and a new power supply; one thing i havent upgraded is the fans or cooling in the comp.

do anyway, i got speed fan to track my computers tempature; and everything stays either under-average or average except for the second "Core" and the "remote" trackers; the second core is running about twice as hot as the first one, it even COMES on hot when i boot up.

these are the temperatures now; after about 7 hours running ;

average: CPU : 34C
    low:Ambient : 36C
    hot: Remote : 51C
    low: HD0 : 33C
    average: temp1 : 40C
    High: Core : 45C
    hot: Core : 72C <-----WTF?

whenever i change the percentage of the fan speed; nothing really happens- anyone have any advice on how to cool down that second Core? or is it just a glitch

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    anyway thats what i'm using to track my temperature; is anyone else getting stuff like me? also, can people post what they get on their PCs?

EDIT: if you need any more info; let me know

Re: Is my computer running to hot?

If thats your GPU core then thats normal of an 8800 series card, mine idles during normal weather/ambient temperatures around 6xC and under load 7xC, the reason it shows a flame icon next to it in speedfan is because that is hot for normal videocards, but if you go to the config you can change the threshold before it changes from a checkmark to a flame.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Is my computer running to hot?

Try your temperatures with Everest and compare. I find Everest to be more accurate.