FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Re: The Wire - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by RakEx
    Pretty fantastic finale.

Just want to touch on a couple things:

Looks like Michael will be following the footsteps of Omar, being a renegade on the streets while trying to stay alive. Or he could be the Marlo protege.

Marlo goes back to the street (that was a pretty impressive move he put on those kids on the corner). Probably going to get locked up for good after Carcetti wins the Governor seat. Or maybe he just wanted one last taste of the streets before moving on for good.

Everything seemed to work out a little too perfectly for most of the good guys and the ending was a little bit too clean and happy, but all in all it was a great finale.
    Perfect? I dont think so. Poor Dukie is the new Bubs.

EDIT: Mad as hell Marlo lived....Avon should have dealt with him....

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Sad times to see The Wire go but they did go out on a great episode.

I didn't expect to see Mcnulty walk. I was kinda hopin for an Avon, Chris, Mcnutty showdown in prison.

Marlo looked eerily like Stringer in that suit and tie. Seein Meth twitch like that was kinda sadface, of course he was a traitor and shit but he's still the m e t h od man.

Go Mike! Bad Dukie. Fuck that reporter deuche.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Rigor
    Sad times to see The Wire go but they did go out on a great episode.

I didn't expect to see Mcnulty walk. I was kinda hopin for an Avon, Chris, Mcnutty showdown in prison.

Marlo looked eerily like Stringer in that suit and tie. Seein Meth twitch like that was kinda sadface, of course he was a traitor and shit but he's still the m e t h od man.

Go Mike! Bad Dukie. Fuck that reporter deuche.
    McNulty was the man! Im glad he got away. Yeah, Meth got pwned, and that twitch was win. He used to be good, but went sour this season. But if anyone had to take Omar's "place", Im glad it was Mike. At least he ain't a homo thug lol. But Omar was my fave character. It woulda been nice if he had Dukie to be his sidekick.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Finally caught this yesterday... I agree, great episode. Nothing mind-blowing, but it really captured the essence of the show.

One scene that was particularly amazing to me was the one where McNulty was in the white police questioning room with a pissed as hell Daniels & Rawls. You could really feel the tension... like Daniels & Rawls wanted to rip his little fucking head off while he was standing there trying to hold back that smug smirk he is so frequently sporting.

As for Marlo, to me he is a straight G for life. Stringer wanted to gtfo out of that world once it made him the money... that's why he betrayed Avon. Marlo... he lives for the game, plain and simple.

"That was for Joe."

-best scene in the episode. bout time slim did somethin.

i thought the finale was on-par with the other season finales, but I found it kinda lacking for a series finale.

- would have liked to see more from michael
    - would have liked to see the douche reporter get whats comin to him... Gus was a great character and deserved a win.
    - would have like to see...more? with marlo, mcnutty & lester. i dunno what exactly...just seems like it could have been better. i guess i got tired of watching peoples' efforts come to naught. prolly pretty true to life that way though.
    - fuck levey, fuck him right in his ass. i wanted to see him go down.
    - wtf happened with clay davis? or am i forgetting something... did he get off scott free?

mcnutty's mock funeral was a little hokey but i liked it. though you wouldn't think he would have that kind of turn out with how many people he pissed off over the years.

anyway, time to watch the entire series over for the 3rd time. :D

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by buttson
    "That was for Joe."

i thought the finale was on-par with the other season finales, but I found it kinda lacking for a series finale.

- would have liked to see the douche reporter get whats comin to him... Gus was a great character and deserved a win.
    - would have like to see...more? with marlo, mcnutty & lester. i dunno what exactly...just seems like it could have been better. i guess i got tired of watching peoples' efforts come to naught. prolly pretty true to life that way though.
    - wtf happened with clay davis? or am i forgetting something... did he get off scott free?

mcnutty's mock funeral was a little hokey but i liked it. though you wouldn't think he would have that kind of turn out with how many people he pissed off over the years.

i agree on so much of this. i love slim charles and was SO happy when he killed cheese. it really did feel so rushed. 9 episodes of mcnulty setting everything up and only 1 episode to bring it all to a resolution was pretty wtf. but i was extremely relieved to see everyone come out alive. i was pretty sure mcnulty was gonna kill himself. as for clay davis i believe lester let him off when he gave up the info about the drug lawyers.

I downloaded this show on a whim after seeing the topic title, and in a month I think I burned through all the episodes available. And Christ I'm glad I did. What a fucking amazing show with fucking amazing characters. I thought the ending was fine and like someone else said really catches the essence of the show. Life goes on and doesn't always go the way you want it to. But I loved the epilogue showing everyone's future, I lol'd at the amount of douche's that got away or got promoted (fucking valcheqz or whatever that gay major's name is).

I'm gonna miss this show, I was hoping that Omar would live, considering all he's been through it was a shock to see him go out so pathetically. He was my favourite gay man on TV. Probably ever.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

hell yea elcura. every time someone discovers how amazing the wire is an angel gets its wings. its a shame shitfests like Heroes get 80+ page threads but only a handful of people here watch one of the greatest television shows ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by tyven
    Quote Originally Posted by buttson
    "That was for Joe."

i agree on so much of this. i love slim charles and was SO happy when he killed cheese. it really did feel so rushed. 9 episodes of mcnulty setting everything up and only 1 episode to bring it all to a resolution was pretty wtf. but i was extremely relieved to see everyone come out alive. i was pretty sure mcnulty was gonna kill himself. as for clay davis i believe lester let him off when he gave up the info about the drug lawyers.
    Yeah Clay was acquitted at the trial due to his impassioned "I'm just helping my people" speech. Then the federal attorneys refused to prosecute him on the headshot case because they were angry that the Baltimore DA (forget his name) lost the first case. After that there was nothing else that could be done to him. Lester just used the possibility of a federal case as a bluff since Clay didn't know the feds had already refused.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah CLay got off. The FBI turned down making it a federal case because they wanted to make it a state crime first and so they felt butt hurt or something.