FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Re: 2008 NFL Playoffs: Divisonal Round Picks *Playoffs!?*

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow

He was also every bit as much of a deep threat as Moss, calling Jerry Rice a "possession" receiver is just plain silly. Just because he's every bit as likely to catch one 3 yards out and take it in for a touchdown as he is to run past the entire defense and catch it 50+ yards downfield, doesn't mean he's inferior *at all.* He was probably actually faster than moss, just not as tall.
    Moss has slow acceleration, but can cover ground when he gains speed. Theres no question Randy Moss is faster than Jerry Rice, the dude ran like a 4.7 coming out of college. Jerry Rice was considered slow by WR standards, and the reason why players like Larry Fitzgerald(4.6) are still high draft picks. Randy Moss runs a fucking 4.25 for crying out loud. That's faster than like 90% of the players in the league.

Just to give you an idea how silly that last post you made really was: Wilt Chamberlain is the only player ever to average over 50 points a game for an entire NBA season. He has also led the league in rebounds, blocks, and assists. The only argument anyone can make against him whatsoever as the best player ever in any sport is that he didn't win every championship every year. Cuz he did everything else. (including banging 20,000 women! rofl)
    Wilt Chamberlain is known for his scoring. I'm saying that Randy Moss is known for his big receptions in the endzone. Jerry Rice, however, was a more all around player and did everything great, a la MJ. That's the only comparison I was trying to make. When Randy's career is over, you'll see how much of a better scorer Moss was than Rice, as he's already proven that he can score more TD's than Rice, and he'll continue doing it over the next few years in NE.
    When did he score more TDs than rice, please don't tell me you think that him scoring 23 was anything spectacular. It took him four more games, with one of the 3 best QBs the league has ever seen, in an offense that throws the ball 40-50 times a game. Please...

>>>>>>>!!!!!!!=====Also lol @ thinking moss will remain in NE for years to come.=====!!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<

As I said, for someone who is "THE REASON" for 1100+ points in 2 season, he sure has a hard time getting any of his teams to the superbowl. Welcome to the superbowl randy, now brush off your chest from being dragged there by Brady.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmothenesII
    I don't see a reason why he wouldn't.

He has proven he isn't motivated by money and he is happy just winning - even when he isn't getting the ball.

Unless the pats just start sucking, I really don't see why he would be happier anywhere else.

PS: 18-0 anyone? Told you so
    BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP Free Agency 5 minutes away, Moss's deal ???? minutes away!

Oh, and I call cowboys! Owens + Moss = Romo greatest fantasy QB ever ever ever

Re: 2008 NFL Playoffs: Divisonal Round Picks *Playoffs!?*

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow

He was also every bit as much of a deep threat as Moss, calling Jerry Rice a "possession" receiver is just plain silly. Just because he's every bit as likely to catch one 3 yards out and take it in for a touchdown as he is to run past the entire defense and catch it 50+ yards downfield, doesn't mean he's inferior *at all.* He was probably actually faster than moss, just not as tall.
    Moss has slow acceleration, but can cover ground when he gains speed. Theres no question Randy Moss is faster than Jerry Rice, the dude ran like a 4.7 coming out of college. Jerry Rice was considered slow by WR standards, and the reason why players like Larry Fitzgerald(4.6) are still high draft picks. Randy Moss runs a fucking 4.25 for crying out loud. That's faster than like 90% of the players in the league.

Just to give you an idea how silly that last post you made really was: Wilt Chamberlain is the only player ever to average over 50 points a game for an entire NBA season. He has also led the league in rebounds, blocks, and assists. The only argument anyone can make against him whatsoever as the best player ever in any sport is that he didn't win every championship every year. Cuz he did everything else. (including banging 20,000 women! rofl)
    Wilt Chamberlain is known for his scoring. I'm saying that Randy Moss is known for his big receptions in the endzone. Jerry Rice, however, was a more all around player and did everything great, a la MJ. That's the only comparison I was trying to make. When Randy's career is over, you'll see how much of a better scorer Moss was than Rice, as he's already proven that he can score more TD's than Rice, and he'll continue doing it over the next few years in NE.
    When did he score more TDs than rice, please don't tell me you think that him scoring 23 was anything spectacular. It took him four more games, with one of the 3 best QBs the league has ever seen, in an offense that throws the ball 40-50 times a game. Please...

>>>>>>>!!!!!!!=====Also lol @ thinking moss will remain in NE for years to come.=====!!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<

As I said, for someone who is "THE REASON" for 1100+ points in 2 season, he sure has a hard time getting any of his teams to the superbowl. Welcome to the superbowl randy, now brush off your chest from being dragged there by Brady.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmothenesII
    I don't see a reason why he wouldn't.

He has proven he isn't motivated by money and he is happy just winning - even when he isn't getting the ball.

Unless the pats just start sucking, I really don't see why he would be happier anywhere else.

PS: 18-0 anyone? Told you so
    BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP Free Agency 5 minutes away, Moss's deal ???? minutes away!

Oh, and I call cowboys! Owens + Moss = Romo greatest fantasy QB ever ever ever
    If romo doesn't make really weird mistakes like he did in the playoffs last season.