BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Redoing AF...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Redoing AF...

Do I have to start at weapon quest when i redo it, and do i have to do all 3 armor that are handled with a quest? I only want to do hands+feet for THF, so I can store it. And I also have some NIN I want to redo after. So how many of the quests will I have to actually repeat?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Redoing AF...

since feet are af3, and you want to do hands also. you will need to redo all of thf AF including weapon.

If you do not need an item from coffer you only need to do weapon + quests.

You can start the ninja stuff again at same time but you will not be able to do any of the coffer AF until the thf coffer AF is completed.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I have a question too, if I store a piece, can I request it? Specifically, at the moment I have RDM AF+1 legs and hat, but the NQ body, and I tossed hands/feet. Can I request hands/feet/legs/head, then store them with the body I have, then redo coffer for body so that I still have one on me to make into+1?

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

if I store a piece, can I request it?
    In general: Yes.

The best route (IMO) on any AF re-questing assumes you got the full set and stored it. That way you don't have to worry about dropping or anything silly, provided you have the patience to do the re-questing prior to talking to Sagheera. You can't reset anything if you didn't get the whole set in the first place.

Leave it all in storage, full set, and clear memory in LJ. Then go quest whatever you need. You must always do the following:

Request weapon (this is the only mandatory tossing part where you would first drop your weapon if you actually kept it in the first place).

Now you can do what ppl refer to as AF2 (often feet). This is required to be complete in order to do that which is known as AF3 (ie, rdm hat, brd body). These are sequential quests.

If you don't want AF2 or AF3 items redone, and want hands/coffer items, then you just need to open AF2 and then go talk to Borghertz (sp?) on the right job. (have heard you don't even need to open af2 but was not my experience). Of course this means you can't have other hands open. Then off key hunting and/or to Darkspark fight.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Thanks, I guess my only other question:

Say I request 4/5, then stick it in NPC storage with my current AF body...I then do the coffer for a new AF body. At some point before I can upgrade my 2nd body to AF+1, some sort of 60 cap event comes up and I need to nab the rest of my stored AF. I know it won't let me hold 2 of the body, so can I not turn in the claim set, or does the stored body stay in storage while the other 4 pieces are released?

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you cannot get all you cannot get any.

It will say you can't get the specific piece you are holding, and give you none.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aerides
    If you cannot get all you cannot get any.

It will say you can't get the specific piece you are holding, and give you none.
    Well crap, I guess I'll wait until I can upgrade the body before I bother requesting then. :/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

what you can do is..... request everything except for body, and store the set with the previous body piece (don't throw away the old body piece). Then when you're ready to upgrade the body piece, get set out of storage, upgrade the body piece and then finish the body quest.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Yeah, I still use the body on a daily basis though so requesting now is just inventory+4/ :/

hotdamn those are cool lol

While AF is in storage, you can receive AF piece from a quest. I upgraded PLD feet without taking the AF set from storage. So finish the 4 other pieces, put in storage with the old body piece, then go get your coffer.