Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MND + Stoneskin Questions.

Here's my Dilenma:

I am at 286 Enhancing, with 63+20 MND. (=345 SS)

Setup as follows:

Terras/Bugard Strap+1
    AF1+1 Head, ___ neck piece, Loq Earring, Magnetic Earring
    AF2 Body, AF2 Hands, Aquax2
    Prism Cape, Swift Belt, AF1+1 Legs, Dusk Feet

The obvious things I can't change are:

Hat, Body, Hands, Legs, Back, Loq.

I am saving the neck piece for a Stone Gorget. Trying to keep the Terra's on for the PhysicalDMG-, as well as the Swift/Dusk for Recast timers.

My question is, what would you other RDM's do?

Trying to maximize space/recast time, while still hitting the cap. Is the Dusk Haste worth keeping on or throw on my MND(AF2+1) feet? Or the Terra's for Neptune's MND?

Should I get a MND earring to rep the Magnetic? I rather like the Spell Int on the Magnetic. Or the Augmenting Earring?

I can get the staff strap with the +2 MND for an additional mnd, and I plan to, for 348, but still 1 MND short. Thoughts/Ideas?

EDIT: Meant to add I am at 8Enfeeb, 8 Ele and 3MND and 2INT atm, so merits are out of the question.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: MND + Stoneskin Questions.

Your problem is that you're filling too many slots with Enhancing Skill rather than MND.
    To reach the 350 cap for Stoneskin, with 256 Enhancing, all you need is 95 total MND.

You need less MND+ gear depending on how much enhancing magic you have. So if you're already capped there, you want to use relic gloves for instance in that slot rather than hands with + MND. I don't understand the casting with a terra, it does nothing at all for you. Either Neptunes or, a shield and wand with mnd on it, allowing you to place enhancing magic in other slots.

Errant body, M. Legs, Feet, Mnd rings, and an earring and you should be more than fine.

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon*
    You need less MND+ gear depending on how much enhancing magic you have. So if you're already capped there, you want to use relic gloves for instance in that slot rather than hands with + MND. I don't understand the casting with a terra, it does nothing at all for you. Either Neptunes or, a shield and wand with mnd on it, allowing you to place enhancing magic in other slots.
    To the guy above, I only have two items with Enhancing +

I don't think any MND pieces are going to outweigh the Hands/Legs but I can look into it. I am pretty sure my Legs beat Mahatmas as they have +15 SKILL PLUS +5 MND. You don't top that.

The hands, possibly. I could possibly put Devotee's +1 there. I'll check it. EDIT: I checked that, I still come out @ 348. lol.

Terra's is for the "I might be fucked situation" while soloing CR/VV. That's about it. Realistically, I was looking just for the cap to hit, while still maximizing the use of every other slot.

EDIT Again: NVM! Devotee's +1 and the MND Strap that has +2 should put me @

271 Skill, + 63 + 27 MND = 351. Thanks guy.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon*

Errant body, M. Legs, Feet, Mnd rings, and an earring and you should be more than fine.
    rdm can use koenig?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

M = Mahatma or Morrigan, not martial.

Banned.

BG Level

Don't use Terra's for SSkin either >_> Neptune/Water/Wand onry.

Eidt: Fuck, somebody already told you that, I suck at reading ;;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    Don't use Terra's for SSkin either >_> Aquilos/Water/Kirin's Pole/Wand onry.

-pole >_>

Ashira

http://www.max-evolution.com/rdmffxi.php

"Commonly used RDM Enhancing Spells."

Plug in your skill level (the "level" is only for RDM), enhancing bonus gear (basically for those who just plug in RDM level rather than Enhancing Skill level), and MND and get your Stoneskin.

On BLM/RDM, I use 59(damn cat)+55 MND for 114 and capped; I use no enhancing gear, as the MND pieces are pieces I pretty much carry anyway (Errant/Mahatma, Yigit Hands/Turban, Rostrum Pumps, Peni Rope, Tamas, Bgd Strap +1.. only piece that is really "extra" is Kirin's Pole). /WHM puts me at 61 base, so not really anything to change there.

WHM is also easy; again, I don't have any Enhancing Gear with me unless it's a barspell fight, save for my Clr Duckbills +1- only need 97 total MND for WHM maxed Stoneskin. I think my regular standing around gear puts me at like, 92. If I put on the Duckbills, would only need 94 MND total for the cast.

On RDM, *if* I choose to put in all Enhancing Gear which I bring along for Phalanx anyway, I'm at 291 skill and only need 83 MND total, stupidly easy. If I don't put on Enhancing, only need 95 total MND; AF1 legs work nicely here for 10 Enhancing and 3 MND, I suppose; with that extra Enhancing one needs 92 total MND. So 10 Enhancing only subs for 3 MND, it's much easier to equip for MND than for the Enhancing skill.

Don't use Terra's Staff for Stoneskin.

Also, some friends have sworn by staying in full MND setup for Blink as well, so I've just let it become a habit.. more chances of the Blinks actually... taking the hits. Of course, it's all just eyeballing, but I know I bitch a lot less about the uselessness of Blink now. ;D

Banned.

BG Level

@Tricen: What?

@Ashira: I kind of noticed MND whored Blinks to be somewhat more effective, maybe is just my mind, playing tricks on me. ._.

Ashira

@Tricen: What?
    I think the -pole meant RDM can't equip Kirin's Pole; OP is 263 Enhancing and wears Dusk Feet, and so must be RDM as WHM and BLM caps are lower and cannot wear Dusk Feet.

Banned.

BG Level

Kind of missed the part mentioning RDM as the job >_>

Ashira

Kind of missed the part mentioning RDM as the job >_>

Don't think he did, I just went by the numbers and gear he mentioned.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn

Yeah, I totally missed that. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    Don't use Terra's for SSkin either >_> Aquilos/Water/Kirin's Pole/Wand onry.

-pole >_>
    - Aquilos too >__>

edit: Yeah tricen was saying RDM can't equip Kirin's Pole, but Aquilo's does jack shit for stoneskin lol, wtf would you use that?
    Guess you were looking for the word Neptune's? (HQ Water)

Banned.

BG Level

Fuck, I mean't Neptune

Neenja edited <.<

Don't use Terra's for SSkin either >_> Neptune/Water/Wand onry.

But I don't *need* to is the point.

There is no need to stack additional mind when you hit base cap. Therefore Terra's is an excellent choice when casting for the Physical DMG- *just in case*

Thanks to all the replies tho, I found what I wanted in one simple piece and it fixes my setup to how I want it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

you're confusing people. gear you cast in and gear you wear after you cast are 2 separate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Saraphym
    you're confusing people. gear you cast in and gear you wear after you cast are 2 separate things.

Err? Huh? No, I meant casting in Terra's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast