BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Unit Bow     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Cobra Unit Bow

Does anyone here have it yet?
    If you do can you give us an idea of how it stacks up with other bows? (Euryto's etc.)

TIA

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Cobra Unit Bow

I think Beckwin was raving about it, he mentioned that it's a very good substitute for anyone who can't afford E-bow or something.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Assuming your from Windy, I always thought Ebow > Sbow > Master Caster Bow. Don't think the 16 delay difference vs 2 Racc plays that much of a difference.

Cobra
    DPS: 8.82 DMG:77 Delay:524 Ranged Accuracy+5 Enhances "Resist Blind" effect
    LV 71 WAR PLD DRK RNG SAM

vs

MC Bow
    DPS: 8.56 DMG:77 Delay:540 Enhances "Resist Blind" effect Citizens of Windurst: Ranged Accuracy+7
    LV 71 WAR PLD DRK RNG SAM

vs

Sbow
    DPS: 8 DMG:72 Delay:540 STR+2 Ranged Accuracy and Ranged Attack varies with the phases of the moon
    LV 60 RNG

vs

Ebow

DPS: 8.69 DMG:71 Delay:490 STR+3 AGI+3 Ranged Accuracy+2 Ranged Attack+23
    LV 55 RNG

Black Belt
    BG Level

eh, wouldn't call it raving, more like rambling.

I think it stacks up as the second best non-relic bow, overall. For a high damage bow, this one has the lowest delay. Ebow is still fast as hell though and the mods on it are great, which still should keep it on top.

Cobra is faster than MCB, so that knocks it out. Cobra is also faster than Selene's and higher damage, so based on the shiftiness of Selene's bonus mods, I'm giving it to Cobra.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Looks like EBow ~= Cobra > Others

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

Okay, a bit of a noob question but what's the equivalent of base dmg on a weapon to attack/rattack? I mean, for example, how do you compare 77 base dmg vs 71 base dmg + rattack 23 (and I guess STR+2, but that's approx attk+1-1.5 depending but we're talking hypothetically here)?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

(BD + ?BD)*pDIF = BD * (pDIF + ?pDIF)

always start from that equation, you'll find a more accurate answer
    ?pDIF for ranged can be 1.055*?cRat (low end),0(stable) and 1.026*?cRat(high end)
    where ?cRat is just the ?ratk/def

Here's how you extent it:
    (BD + ?BD)*pDIF = BD * (pDIF + ?pDIF)
    BD*pDIF + ?BD*pDIF = BD*pDIF + BD*?pDIF
    ?BD = BD*?pDIF/pDIF
    ?BD = (BD*c1*?ratk)/(pDIF*def)
    ?BD = (BD*c1*?ratk)/((c2*ratk/def)*def)
    *assuming c1=c2*
    ?BD = BD*?ratk/ratk
    then you can make it nicer:
    ?BD/BD = ?ratk/ratk

There, you have the formula

Cobra is also faster than Selene's and higher damage, so based on the shiftiness of Selene's bonus mods, I'm giving it to Cobra.
    The difference is close to nothing
    16/110 = you fire .145 seconds faster

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by VZX
    Cobra is also faster than Selene's and higher damage, so based on the shiftiness of Selene's bonus mods, I'm giving it to Cobra.
    The difference is close to nothing
    16/110 = you fire .145 seconds faster
    That was my point. If anything, Cobra is about equal to MC Bow. .145 seconds of faster shooting (add variable of manual attacking) vs 2 more Racc (if your Windurstian).

From my experience MC Bow performed worse than Sbow.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's relative though...
    .145 out of 3 second swings on auto attack is quite an improvement.
    But it's much worse if you're not on auto attack and have 6-8 seconds delay between shot

Black Belt
    BG Level

I guess you can break it down to potentially around 25 ratk and 2 str vs. 5 base damage and a tad less delay.

Not sure how that pans out exactly.

Slight differences in delay for ranged attack always seems meaningless because everything so manual, and subject easily to penalties if the player isn't exact in the timing (assuming they have perfect timing in the first place). Throw in the fact that the difference is so small, and if compared to melee delay/difference whereby even 0.145 seconds needs like a long fight on auto-attack with benefits of haste/march (which doesn't affect ranged) to show any significant advantage (in terms of an extra attack round)... 0.145s faster seems even more insignificant. Throw in more manual operated stuff like certain JAs, and unlimited shot/PPA/slugwinder to interrupt the stream of attack, as well as animation lag, things become more variable.

The follies of not having an auto-attack on ranged. I still think SE can somehow implement that. It almost seems broken.

Alas, I digress. Even if it's not as good, I wouldn't mind giving a high damage bow a go or two just for fun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin
    I guess you can break it down to potentially around 25 ratk and 2 str vs. 5 base damage and a tad less delay.

Not sure how that pans out exactly.
    If it's D77 vs D71 STR+3 ratk+23, we can make it 4.5 BD vs ratk+24.5
    5/BD = 24.5/ratk

say your normal ratk (w/o atk food, any other buffs) is 400, then you have
    5/BD = 24.5/400
    BD = 73.469 = 73~74

That reads as :
    Increase 5 Base damage is equal to increasing 24.5 ratk when you have ratk = 400.

And you can interpret it like:
    - If you increase Base damage higher than 5 when you have Base damage = 73~74, you'll have better output than increasing 24.5 ratk
    - If you have total ratk larger than 400 and base damage=73~74, then 24.5 ratk increase is not better than increasing 5 base damage
    etc

Then back to practical scenario.. You won't get base damage as low as 73~74. So the answer is "there's no way 5 base damage is better than 24.5 ratk when you have 400 ratk"

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hmmm.

Can we use that formula to interpret accurately what is the total Base Damage for Euryto's?

for example is Euryto's close to a 78 or 79, when everything is added up?

can we say that Eurytos is a DMG 79 vs Cobra's 77?

Thank You
    Soldier

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

well base damage is just the sum of your ranged weapon damage, ammo damage, and STR-VIT bonus/penalty
    BD = D + aD+ fSTR2
    D+aD for ebow and demon arrow is 71+34 = 105
    fSTR2 can range from -weapon rankx2 to (weapon rank+8)x2. Ebow has weapon rank 7, so this number can range from -14 to 30
    Therefore the possible base damage for ebow is 91 ~ 135. Since 73~74 is not a possible case (given ratk=400), we can clearly say it's not possible 4.5 extra base damage to outperform 24.5 ratk

Black Belt
    BG Level

400 is a conservative figure for ratk. You can pretty easily get that just idling, without an Ebow. Let's say a meritted archery rng: 269+16 = 285, 10 from /war, 30 or so from native str (bringing us up to 325 or so). Fire staff 10, scouts 10, AM+1 15, CFG 10, af1 hat 5 for 50 more (so 375 or so). Then there's stuff like Hope Torque/Ranger's Necklace/QQ collar, Skadi Pants, Scout's Belt, and of course ratk as the result of +STR gear (Osode, str ring(s), earrings).

Toss on food, Velocity, Berserk, and then possible bard songs and 400 starts looking pretty small.

5/BD = 24.5/ratk

say your normal ratk (w/o atk food, any other buffs) is 400, then you have
    5/BD = 24.5/550
    BD = 112.244 = 112-113

Not exactly sure how to interpret that.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

How about 1 person that has both Ebow and Cobra Unit bow use the same gear, the same food , the same arrows and simply take 20 shots on the same type mob (Easy Prey Class) with one Bow then swap to the other bow?

Please anyone with parser of these 2 bows post some numbers here, thank you.

Soldier

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

ebow for life
    (until yochi >.> )

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I bought a Cobra Bow just to test out how it compares to Selene's Bow. (0/20 on V-Bow ; ; ). Moon was Waxing at 45%. Cobra Bow delay seemed a tad better but very hard to see the difference. But... Selene's Bow did about 3-5 more dmg per regular ranged attack and about 30-50 more dmg per Sidewinder. So I would suggest only buy a Cobra Bow for Full moon phases if you don't have an E-Bow/V-Bow. Definately not a replacement for S bow 65-75% of the time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin
    400 is a conservative figure for ratk. You can pretty easily get that just idling, without an Ebow. Let's say a meritted archery rng: 269+16 = 285, 10 from /war, 30 or so from native str (bringing us up to 325 or so). Fire staff 10, scouts 10, AM+1 15, CFG 10, af1 hat 5 for 50 more (so 375 or so). Then there's stuff like Hope Torque/Ranger's Necklace/QQ collar, Skadi Pants, Scout's Belt, and of course ratk as the result of +STR gear (Osode, str ring(s), earrings).

Toss on food, Velocity, Berserk, and then possible bard songs and 400 starts looking pretty small.

5/BD = 24.5/ratk

say your normal ratk (w/o atk food, any other buffs) is [s]400[/s]550, then you have
    5/BD = 24.5/550
    BD = 112.244 = 112-113

Not exactly sure how to interpret that.
    That means ebow damage = D77 bow damage when you have base damage 112-113 (fSTR2=7~8) and 550 base ratk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeTasai
    I bought a Cobra Bow just to test out how it compares to Selene's Bow. (0/20 on V-Bow ; ; ). Moon was Waxing at 45%. Cobra Bow delay seemed a tad better but very hard to see the difference. But... Selene's Bow did about 3-5 more dmg per regular ranged attack and about 30-50 more dmg per Sidewinder. So I would suggest only buy a Cobra Bow for Full moon phases if you don't have an E-Bow/V-Bow. Definately not a replacement for S bow 65-75% of the time.
    I have tested Sbow vs Ebow on Moonphase 71%, 74%, 90%, 93% on Lv74 steelshells, Numbers from SBow rather very similar during all 4 moonphase (same min and max, average difference <1 damage). Ebow at most win by 1 damage (damage range is 79-86 on ebow, 80-86 on sbow). If the old theory saying Max racc + min ratk on full moon and min racc + max ratk on new moon. I don't see how this cobra unit bow is a replacement to Sbow