+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: George Foreman grill     submit to reddit submit to twitter

George Foreman grill

So I just got a mini one of these for Christmas and wanted to know if anyone here uses one and has any recommendations on how they prepare their food and how long they cook theirs for. I only ask because I didn't get a cook book and was a little unsure on cook time and how to best prepare the meat before hand.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Re: George Foreman grill

The website has the cook times. trust me though, works very good. I got one from my Fiance' last year for my b-day, we use It atleast twice a week

What kind of meals do you make? Just trying to get some ideas for what I can get at the store later.

we used to grill sausages at lunch in school. cooks fairly quick and is tasty

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This grill is a gift from the Gods. We have had ours for about 4 years now, it is really really good for Burgers, Salmon, Chicken breast for sandwiches and especially for Steaks. It does Rare (Which I prefer) and medium rare beautifully.

The list goes on and on, but those are a few of my favorite things to make on it.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I make burgers and chicken breast. Burgers are perfect, pick your done-ness. Chicken can get a little tricky if it's thick, sometimes you burn the outside a little trying to get it done enough. It doesn't handle "marinades" very well either, I like to marinate chicken breast in a lemon-pepper marinade, but the grill burns the fuck out of the marinade on the outside well before the chicken is done.

It's still pretty great though.

TURKEY BURGERS TOMORROW.

He uses teh Grille. They are made of win.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oooooh nice, Ive had one for over a year now and Ive never done anything with it, until tonight!!

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    I make burgers and chicken breast. Burgers are perfect, pick your done-ness. Chicken can get a little tricky if it's thick, sometimes you burn the outside a little trying to get it done enough. It doesn't handle "marinades" very well either, I like to marinate chicken breast in a lemon-pepper marinade, but the grill burns the fuck out of the marinade on the outside well before the chicken is done.

It's still pretty great though.
    The trick with the chicken is to get the grill sear you want on the outside and finish it off in the oven. Try like 10 minutes at 400 degrees after searing the outside of the chicken.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I love my Foreman grill. I'm actually on my 4th one or so. Keep getting bigger each time I buy a new one too. Every time someone moves into a new house and doesn't have one yet that's what I get them for their housewarming gift. Everyone should try it at least once.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I kinda wanna get one to cook more meats than I am atm. The question is, do you guys just dump the frozen meats, or do you do some preparations before? How does it taste compared to a regular oven/grill? Or I'd assume the only advantage is cooking those meats w/o the hassle? When the gf drops by I don't mind preparing decent meals, but just for a single person it isn't worth the trouble, too much cleaning involved. However, the grill may just do the trick. I either wanna try this one or Ronco's Rotisserie Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora
    I kinda wanna get one to cook more meats than I am atm. The question is, do you guys just dump the frozen meats, or do you do some preparations before? How does it taste compared to a regular oven/grill? Or I'd assume the only advantage is cooking those meats w/o the hassle? When the gf drops by I don't mind preparing decent meals, but just for a single person it isn't worth the trouble, too much cleaning involved. However, the grill may just do the trick. I either wanna try this one or Ronco's Rotisserie Machine.
    Alot of the same stuff I also wanna know

Do you really need a set time to cook?

look at the food, that'll tell you whether it's done or not

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

what mysterio said. Don't cook stuff that's too thick on it, especially since you have a mini one. Cut open the center and when it's all one color go at it, or if you like it a little rare judge it by that. Possibilities are endless!

I have a mini one as well, must be an older model as it's a bitch to clean.

The grilling element doesn't detach, so you're relegated to wiping it clean rather than taking it off and throwing it in the dishwasher or something.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Hogan wasn't home!

Should be the Hulk Hogan Grill!

<3 Conan O' Brien

Ridill
    BG Level

If you get a convection oven, you've got a really nice healthy, tasty kitchen going with a foreman.

Foreman makes burgers, sausages, even can do things like bacon, steaks, yada yada, and cuts down on the fat content a lot.

Convection oven is really good for making things like french fries, popcorn shrimp, basically all the yummy fried stuff, but with the way it cooks you're not getting all the grease and stuff from frying, but you still get the "crispiness" that microwaving or normal baking never can match.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora
    I kinda wanna get one to cook more meats than I am atm. The question is, do you guys just dump the frozen meats, or do you do some preparations before? How does it taste compared to a regular oven/grill? Or I'd assume the only advantage is cooking those meats w/o the hassle?
    the only frozen thing i grill are burgers. everything else gets defrosted. for instance, throw a chicken breast in a tupperware of water n season salt before i leave for work in the morning or if i've got time to be a bit fancier i'll marinate in balsamic or rice vinegar, minced garlic, cracked pepper n kosher salt. Anything that cooks from the direct heat of traditional grilling can be "foreman grilled" and depending on your model can make panini-style sandwiches

I would describe the taste compared to conventional grilling to be "cleaner", you don't get any smoky, propane or carcinogen flavors that some people might like. The main advantage is the consistency you get over regular grilling, you don't have to worry about variables such as coals, wind, grease flare ups, air flow, ... er ya much less hassle.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

did someone say something about a ps3?