Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Furnishing your Mog House: Whats the point?

I have wondered now since I first started this game; what's the point of adding furniture to your Mog House? Do I really gain any benefits from it? O_O I obtained the 3 Snowmen and put them in there. And it says I have an Icy Aura about the house; or something along those lines. Exactly what good does this do? O_o???

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: Furnishing your Mog House: Whats the point?

I have a fully furnished Mog House because it looks cool. The moghancements have tons of different effects, most of the elemental ones lower your chances of breaking when crafting with that crystal if I remember right.

You can also get cool stuff like lowering exp lost when you die, and synthesis support for different crafts.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Lowering EXP cost when you die?!?!?! Is that onyl when you have the Mog house set as your HP? And how do I obtain this nice little amenity? *Grins evily*

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Katse
    Lowering EXP cost when you die?!?!?! Is that onyl when you have the Mog house set as your HP? And how do I obtain this nice little amenity? *Grins evily*
    I'm not sure how I got the Moghancement: Experience, pretty sure it's from the mannequins I have in my house though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Its from having a Bed in your MH and only a Bed.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Neb
    You mean the element of the bed must be the strongest? My house is fully furnished and I've got the Experience Moghancement. IIRC beds are light element, right? The mannequins are also light and very strong so that is probably why it's overpowering my national flags, etc.

Not sure though since I haven't been playing much the past few months so I might be wrong. :/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So all I need is a bed eh. And do I have to make sure that my MH is set as my HP??

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Katse
    So all I need is a bed eh. And do I have to make sure that my MH is set as my HP??
    Doesn't matter where your HP is, moghancements are determined by your furniture and the strength of their element.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All I have is ME light and I have all mannequins and no bed no ME EXP

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Also so you don't look like a homeless person with one nation flag and 18 folding screens in your MH when someone comes in to see.

Ashira

Well, besides all that, if you furnish with pieces that have a large number of storage spaces, you maximize your storage as well. I went with all mannequins and 2 9 drawer almirahs or whatever and got 79 slots in storage, out of the maximum 80, with the least amount of mog safe space taken up. Handy for random rare/ex capped gear, stacks of seals waiting to be used, and if you have your nation as your HP full time then you can put anything there and not have issues job changing.

I furnish my mog house because it makes it pretty

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

storage is nice for all the junk you never use but can't throw away or store elsewhere. I also keep mountains of bs and ks seals there. :bastok:

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice
    Quote Originally Posted by Neb
    You mean the element of the bed must be the strongest? My house is fully furnished and I've got the Experience Moghancement. IIRC beds are light element, right? The mannequins are also light and very strong so that is probably why it's overpowering my national flags, etc.

Not sure though since I haven't been playing much the past few months so I might be wrong. :/
    Not necessarily. I get Moghancement: Experience and I have a pretty furnished house. Its just that the Noble's Bed I use is Dark Element, not only that, but has 24 elemental aura on that piece alone. Its strong enough to overwrite everything else in my house, because all the other elements are fairly even.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

For a moghancement to take effect, the furniture with the moghancement you want must have the highest strength of that element, and that element must be dominant.

I use a mahogany bed for moghancement: expierience, it's light based, and has a higher light aura than mannequins, which I have 7 or 8 of.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Moghancement

I have a pretty furnished Mog House for three reasons: Tons of storage space since I'm a packrat of useless rare/ex shit, pretty pretty, and Moghancement. I have Moghancement: Experience from my bed and my miniature airship. In the future, I plan to replace it with Goldsmithing skill.

My friend desynths a lot, so he's made sure to get himself overwhelming Moghancement: Desynthesis, by stuffing his Mog House with more than 30 Tarutaru Stools, and nothing else.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

9-drawer almirahs and mannequins, an extra 80 storage for all that crap you
    • Got freelot and might need once you level job x from 10 to 70+ (hi BB items!)

• Were a pain in the ass to get, and thus untossable (hi bartholomew's knife)

• Situational, barely-used gear (I'm looking at you conquest items)

• AF+1 mats, beastman/kindred seals, salvage armour not part of your main set, and other such R/E pains in the ass you might need some rainy day

Wish mannequins weren't so stupid expensive to get more of now, my moghouse looks like a warehouse with all those almirahs. It's an improvement over the cabinets I used to have, but still ;/

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Only reason I have any furnishings in my mog house is for the storage.

100 crafters especially like doing this
    for example, i have Cordon Bleu Set, which is element wind, strength 9
    (see here for elements of stuff and strengths: http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/furniture.php)
    this being the strongest single thing in my mog house (i also have 2 9-Drawer Almirah's [water strength 21 each] , 3 Mannequins [light strength 6 each], and 6 or 7 Desks [wind strength 5 each]), and also buffing my overall wind element with the Desks means that i get Moghancement: Cooking. if i didnt have so many desks then i'd have more water energy than wind (from the Almirahs), and i'd end up with Moghancement: Fishing.
    one day i'd like to complete Windurst rank 10 and get the flag so i can ditch a couple Desks and save me some mog house space.
    (i've got other crap in there too i just dont remember what it all is)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

What do you all mean by nation flags? O-o and folding?