Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: Wii RPG (can't remember name)

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I'm trying to figure out which game you're referring to but I figure I'd throw in a jab: it certainly will be a post-apocalyptic world when the Wii has a good RPG (Super Paper Mario not withstanding).
    Fire Emblem? >.>
    Isn't Fire Emblem a SRPG? I just consider them to be different genres.
    It's a FSRPG. Failing-

Amazed Nintendo could put out such an awful game. So far has the Fire Emblem series fallen...
    Man, what the fuck are you talking about? Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is awesome. It may be lacking in graphics (although the battle animations are much more enjoyable this time), but everything else about the game is enjoyable. The only things I can think of that fail about the game is lack of funds, the constant splitting from each other (thus unable to trade weapons with each other at times), and lack of voice acting. The game's long as fuck, too, which is a lot of what I could ask for in a game. They even added a Battle Save feature, which REALLY saves a lot of unneccesary headaches. And for purists, there's no battle save on Hard Mode, so you can still have that cut-throat experience.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Re: Wii RPG (can't remember name) edit: It's called "Fragile"

I want to play this but I already have such a backlog of games I need to beat first. Batallion Wars, Metroid, Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Twilight princess ugh

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

You already mentioned Fragile but if we're talking RPG's with a post-apocalyptic setting on the Wii I've heard of a game named Baroque coming out in Feb or March in the US, though it is coming out for the PS2 still we're not listing exclusives here so it's worth a mention. It's an Action RPG and looks like it's in the same vein as Persona 3 was. Main site is here and a trailer is here if you're curious.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

It's kind of interesting that the Wii is making a lot of different games now (referring to these "post-apocalyptic" genres, among other ones). They pushed it onto us so hard with all the "happy" family time we'll be spending...now they're making these kind of games (which is yay for non-casual gamers). I'm looking forward to these games and interested in seeing how it all works out, also maybe it'll make some "other" gamers (xbox elitists *cough*) stop calling Wii as the novelty console.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Amiel
    It's kind of interesting that the Wii is making a lot of different games now (referring to these "post-apocalyptic" genres, among other ones). They pushed it onto us so hard with all the "happy" family time we'll be spending...now they're making these kind of games (which is yay for non-casual gamers). I'm looking forward to these games and interested in seeing how it all works out, also maybe it'll make some "other" gamers (xbox elitists *cough*) stop calling Wii as the novelty console.
    Given that the game still looks childish. I doubt it -