+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Wii RPG (can't remember name) edit: It's called "Fragile"

There's a Wii RPG that is suppose to come out in Japan this year...I don't remember the name at all >.< it either starts with a T or an F (or maybe neither )...something about "post-apocalyptic" world?

Anyone have ANY idea which game it is? =/

Xavier

Re: Wii RPG (can't remember name)

I'm trying to figure out which game you're referring to but I figure I'd throw in a jab: it certainly will be a post-apocalyptic world when the Wii has a good RPG (Super Paper Mario not withstanding).

Found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragile:_F ... f_the_Moon

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon is set in a post-apocalyptic near future world that has lost its light and is covered in a dense fog. Almost all the world's population has vanished, and the cities have been left abandoned. The game places the player in the shoes of Seto, a young boy.
    Developed by tri-Crescendo, published by Namco.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Re: Wii RPG (and now I remember! Fragile)

This is what I get for surfing the net while half-asleep (at work )...ANYWAY! being the random searcher I am...I found it on youtube O_o

I searched for: 2008, rpg, Wii (yes...very generic but I found it!) I was right, it does start with an "F"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g6o0MXUwVHI

I wanna play!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Wii RPG (can't remember name) edit: It's called "Fragile"

Went through the list at rpgamer (didnt know where to look), and only think that might look like that is Fragile. Also start with an F
    http://www.rpgamer.com/games/upcoming.html

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Will probably be ruined by the Wii-Mote

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tri-Crescendo & Bamco is hawt, but why the Wii.. >.<

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Tri-Crescendo & Bamco is hawt, but why the Wii.. >.<scenario
    Expect more and more 3rd party games on Wii considering the sales of the console >_>

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I'm trying to figure out which game you're referring to but I figure I'd throw in a jab: it certainly will be a post-apocalyptic world when the Wii has a good RPG (Super Paper Mario not withstanding).
    Fire Emblem? >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Tri-Crescendo & Bamco is hawt, but why the Wii.. >.<scenario
    Expect more and more 3rd party games on Wii considering the sales of the console >_>
    Yup... it's like saying why make games for the ps2, it's old...

And not like the wiimote is all that bad, just use it as a normal controller or have like classic controller compatible for more conventional use.

But we'll see when it comes, not gonna hold my breath quite yet.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Wiimote + nunchuck is like holding a normal controler...I dont see how it could hurt a game in the worst case scenario were pointer is not user.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Fire Emblem? >.>
    Isn't Fire Emblem a SRPG? I just consider them to be different genres.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Fire Emblem? >.>
    It's a FSRPG. Failing-

Amazed Nintendo could put out such an awful game. So far has the Fire Emblem series fallen...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Fire Emblem? >.>
    It's a FSRPG. Failing-

Amazed Nintendo could put out such an awful game. So far has the Fire Emblem series fallen...
    idk what game ur playing, the recent FE wasn't that bad; actually for a turn based SRPG, I enjoyed it. In addition to that, it's one of the rare turn based SRPGs that actually make it overseas...

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Fire Emblem? >.>
    It's a FSRPG. Failing-

I don't know what game you played but FE10 is pretty damn awesome.

Not as good as other Fire Emblems, but it's still good.

What's so bad about the Wii-mote? I like it alot, makes control alot more intuitive and precise.
    Played Metroid Prime 3 or Medal of Honor Heroes 2? MoH:H2 isn't that great, but the control of MP3 and MoH for the Wii is basically my new benchmark for FPS control on a console. It makes everything much better for me at least. Great control and an improvement to FPS overall.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    What's so bad about the Wii-mote? I like it alot, makes control alot more intuitive and precise.
    Played Metroid Prime 3 or Medal of Honor Heroes 2? MoH:H2 isn't that great, but the control of MP3 and MoH for the Wii is basically my new benchmark for FPS control on a console. It makes everything much better for me at least. Great control and an improvement to FPS overall.
    O god yes, my reaction speed and acc is pretty much solid with set ups like that. I think it's due to tooooooo much time crisis <<;

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Because it's on the system that is destroying gaming as we know it and replacing it with piles of shovelware therefore it's impossible for it to actually add something to traditional gaming.

Duh.

Xavier

I like how people seem to assign fault to the controller instead of the shitty developers making shitty games. The controller isn't a sentient creature, it didn't have anything to do with the actual development of bad games, the bad games are simply misusing it.

You just have to look at games like Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4 to see how the controller can actually enhance and add to a gaming experience. Once I got the hang of RE4 w/ the wii-mote, there was no going back to the original control setting.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I like how people seem to assign fault to the controller instead of the shitty developers making shitty games. The controller isn't a sentient creature, it didn't have anything to do with the actual development of bad games, the bad games are simply misusing it.

You just have to look at games like Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4 to see how the controller can actually enhance and add to a gaming experience. Once I got the hang of RE4 w/ the wii-mote, there was no going back to the original control setting.
    The question is do you want RE5 on Wii or 360? (I know it's not coming to Wii, this is Hypothetical)

For me that's a really hard question :/ It's a game that benefits from good graphics but damn if the Wiimote wasn't perfect for it.

It's the same with every console.

I remember playing games on every console with controls so bad I wanted to kill the person who designed the game (along with the people who implimented it). I think it's because the Wii is the current big thing with all the games people can forget how the PS2 had just as many games with shitty controls.

but like you said, there are devs who actually know what they're doing, for the Wii it seems to only be Nintendo (ok, maybe Capcom too).

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin

The question is do you want RE5 on Wii or 360? (I know it's not coming to Wii, this is Hypothetical)

For me that's a really hard question :/ It's a game that benefits from good graphics but damn if the Wiimote wasn't perfect for it.
    It's pretty easy for me, I mean, RE4 was fine on GC/PS2 and the controls were great, sure it was better on the Wii (not counting the adjustment period) but I would like RE5 to have good graphics, since the controls are perfectly fine as they are.

Also, Wii is nothing but Shovelware!1