Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macroing in Rostrum pumps     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Macroing in Rostrum pumps

I use many scripts in Windower when I'm playing WHM but this is the first time I've tried to use more than one item in the same slot for one cast.

Basically I always want to use Cure Clogs when casting Cures... but I also want to get in the Rostrum Pumps for the Fast Cast effect to stack with my Loqacious Earring. I know the effect isn't that much, but it's there and I want to use it.

In my scripts I have all the gears equipping (including Cure Clogs) and then my "Cure III" or whatever spell. Then I use "Pause 1" just before equipping Rostrum Pumps.

So does this ensure that both effects of Cure Clogs and Rostrum Pumps will be effective on each Cure? I can test that the Cure Clogs are kicking in by seeing how much I cure as opposed to without them. But it's hard to see if the pumps are kicking in also.

Re: Macroing in Rostrum pumps

I'm pretty, if not, 100% sure that Cure Clogs will only take effect. If you want Rostrum to take effect, equip that instead of Cure Clogs.

CC if your focused on Cures, Rostrum for anything else I suppose. Not really a hard choice to make.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's impossible to get the fastcast effect from both, since that is calculated when you start casting the spell. And the recast reduction to cure spells is practically non-existent with rostrums.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Im fairly certain fast cast type equip has to be equiped before the spell is used. If the spell has already been used, and you equip a fast cast item, it wouldnt make any difference.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Seems to me like you could do either one or the other for the cast time reduction. Could swap in Rostrums to cut the recast time down, but something tells me that 1.5% off of Cure recasts really isn't going to be very noticeable.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think you would get the recast reduction if you switched mid-cast from Rostrums, but definitely not the increased casting speed. But again, that difference is pretty much non-existent on Rostrums, if it exists at all unless maybe for Cure V.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd never thought about switching gear midcast on a fastcast slot as I assumed that you had to wear the piece for the duration of the spell. How long do you have to wear things like rostrum pumps and loquacious earring for fastcast to work? It would be nice to swap in something with higher mnd in those two slots if you dont have to wear loq and r pumps for the full cast.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

For casting reduction, the gear must be equipped when you start casting the spell. As the testing/proof in the RDM body thread here shows, lag can sometimes mean a small wait time is needed.

Recast reductions are given when the spell fires off, same as when stats are calculated.

Depending on how you do macros, you may simply be able to equip -cast time gear prior to an <stpc> spell line, since the split second for targeting should be enough. Then macro MND gear or whatever in after the spell line.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

It's OK guys... I just decided to stick with Cure Clogs for cures and use pumps for other stuffies. I just try to maximise where I possibly can... bit if it don't work it don't work.

Start with Cure Clogs then swap to Rostrum pumps to get a 1.5% recast reduction.
    You can't get both Fast Cast bonuses.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Honestly, with the cost of eltoro leather being so cheap now, i'd just go for blessed pumps+1, they aren't that unrealistic to obtain anymore, and usually a great deal of it on AH. I'm 3/40ish for hq, and swear by them. The added mind helps bump up that soft cap of cureV (but i'm a mnd junky and swear by it), haste is great, and -enm... can't go wrong. I stopped using all other feet pieces for my whm since i made my first pair.

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by Eromenos
    Honestly, with the cost of eltoro leather being so cheap now, i'd just go for blessed pumps+1, they aren't that unrealistic to obtain anymore, and usually a great deal of it on AH. I'm 3/40ish for hq, and swear by them. The added mind helps bump up that soft cap of cureV (but i'm a mnd junky and swear by it), haste is great, and -enm... can't go wrong. I stopped using all other feet pieces for my whm since i made my first pair.

Start in Cure Clogs, macro in Blesseds before spell ends for better recast/Cure results.

Never bothered with Clogs myself, never could really justify the inventory slot.

For particular spells though, I start in Rostrums and end in Blesseds to get the Fast Cast and the better recast at end.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira

Start in Cure Clogs, macro in Blesseds before spell ends for better recast/Cure results.

Never bothered with Clogs myself, never could really justify the inventory slot.

For particular spells though, I start in Rostrums and end in Blesseds to get the Fast Cast and the better recast at end.
    Guess I should play around more with my macros again. Only one where I'd really like Blessed +1 bonuses is V. Cure casting timer merits + clogs = ftw. Blinking like a Christmas tree wouldn't go down too well with my rdms >.> Not bothered about rostrums, just use them on BRD for stuff when I'm not wearing my nails.

Quick hijack, but when is bard song -% cast calculated? Can you use a recast body (marduk) at the start, and switch to manteel/gomlek afterwards and get both?

Nope, do it the other way around.
    Start with Manteel or Yigit then swap to Marduk.
    edit: For instance if you use a -12% cast body that'll activate at the start of the cast, then haste for recast will calculate when the spell goes off.