+ Reply to Thread

Praise Jesus, His Reign of Terror Has Subsided!

Uwe Boll seems to have run out of money, bwahaha! (Well, an income that encourages the fiend to produce such garbage, rather).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... f034146a09

Re: Praise Jesus, His Reign of Terror Has Subsided!

It's about time the German government stopped bleeding money into his shitty films.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

YES!

Oh wait, another video game -> movie rip on the way....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

lol in the name of the king was such trash. my friends and i saw it solely to rip on it afterwords, which we most definately did haha/

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    lol in the name of the king was such trash. my friends and i saw it solely to rip on it afterwords, which we most definately did haha/

Way to double the money the film makes.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg

HAHA

Maybe I live under a rock, but I haven't heard of any of his movies. Do they even advertise for them?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg

Haha, I went to do the same thing with my boyfriend, as apparently the row in front of us and behind did. We all gave a standing ovation when burt reynolds died

To the above, entertainment is entertainment whether it's because it's really good or hilariously bad.. besides I don't think there were too many people who went for those reasons.. $3mil weekend and all

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Day
    Maybe I live under a rock, but I haven't heard of any of his movies. Do they even advertise for them?
    Ive never heard of him or his movies either untill the other day he was on Kotaku. They actually made a BloodRayne movie? Two of them? Hahaha. I've never even seen a preview for his newest film either.

For all of this money he's putting into them youd think they would make a trailer or two.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Haha yeah, its usually vital to doing well in the theaters... even if its garbage I would think you could hype it up enough to at least break even. What a waste of money.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I looked him up on wikipedia, and thought his boxing matches with the critics was pretty funny.

From wiki:

Boll made headlines by challenging his critics to "put up or shut up". In June 2006, his production company issued a press release stating that Boll would challenge his five harshest critics each to a 10 round boxing match. Invitations were also open to film directors Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avary.

The list of five critics to step into the ring with Boll was drawn up in late August 2006, and featured Kyanka, Rue Morgue magazine writer Chris Alexander, webmaster of Cinecutre Carlos Palencia Jimenez-Arguello, Ain't it Cool News writer Jeff Sneider and Chance Minter, amateur boxer and website critic. Boll fought and won against all five participants. The first took place on September 5, 2006 in Málaga, Spain against Carlos Palencia with the rest on September 23, 2006 at the Plaza of Nations in Vancouver.

After Kyanka lost his match, he would go on to make several allegations against Boll, including that Boll refused to fight against Chance Minter, an amateur boxer, because he was an experienced boxer; that Boll misled them by claiming it was a PR stunt, but actually intended to fight them; that Boll claimed the participants would get training before the match, which no one did; and that Boll had seriously wounded Sneider, who had also believed Boll. However, Boll actually fought Minter as his fourth opponent.

Kyanka added in a post-match interview that, "Half of us (the contenders) hadn't even seen his movies." Sneider shared similar sentiments, stating "I think he's a jerk. This might be PR but I don't want to keep getting punched in the head."

Other contestants responded less negatively. Alexander, in a Toronto Star article, recounts being invited to Boll's beach house on the following day, where Boll asked him about the reasons for his unilaterally negative reviews. Alexander bluntly told Boll that his movies were "bloated, expensive and incoherent attempts at aping American genre pictures and sport some of the most boneheaded casting choices in filmdom" but that Boll was an "insane, two-fisted rogue, and a shockingly HONEST one at that, someone who absolutely adores film, knows its history and truly lives for what he does."