Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ENM - Sheep in Antlion's Clothing

Hello everyone. After watching this video http://www.stage6.com/user/danny_mid/vi ... 45/antlion and seeing that this ENM was soloable I tried to duo it with a BLM. As you know once the Antlion hits 75%, 50%, 25% HP it will go underground. But watching this video I think the RDM was to far away from the mob so the Antlion could not go underground. I tried the same kiting technique with my W legs as the RDM in the video, but when the Antlion hit 75% it went underground anyways. I was wondering if there had been an update after this video was taken that causes the Antlion to burrow every 25% no matter what. Any tips on duoing this ENM are very much appreciated as well. Thanks for the help in advanced.

Re: ENM - Sheep in Antlion's Clothing

iirc their was an update to fix the dot glitch that he used

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This was fixed awhile back.

The NM used to "burrow" with 2hr animation when the TP move ("Sandblast"? I forget the name, it binds you) was used. The RDM in the video takes advantage of the fact you have to be close to the NM for it to attempt a TP move. He stays far away the whole fight, and it never attempts a TP move, hence cannot burrow.

Nowadays its just straight 2hr animation at 75, 50, and 25%.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I duo it post-patch as RDM/NIN + BLM/NIN. Generally AM2 + Tier IV + Tier III is enough to force it to burrow; just sleep the rest, nuking one off the map if they get too much for you. Only danger is running out of time due to less people running around searching for the antlions.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Been trioing this lately, pld blm blm. I "pull" on pld and just kite the crap around the pillar. Three tier IVs seem to knock it out each time. With this setup you're pretty well protected against timing out; if you get shit luck on on Tuch pops the pld can just kite all 3 babies without worrywhile all three can spread out to find Tuch, no worries about sleeping. Loot cut is smaller, but timeout should never be an issue.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Some info about the ENM...

NM has exactly 10,000 HP.

Will burrow at 75% (2,500 damage), 50% (5,000 damage), and 25% (7,500 damage).

Pillar kiting works exceptionally well on this. The kiting path is TERRIBLE; think Kaiser Behemoth on the 5th floor of Apollyon NW. You can watch the stage6 video to see what I mean by this.

Interesting note - I tried to solo this on SCH without knowing about the whole burrow change. 3 Helix spells will force a burrow (doing about 150ish a Helix for 1050 total damage). Could have definitely soloed this ENM prior to the ninja update on 1 MP pool without meds on SCH

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I duo this NIN/WAR + RDM/WHM, one nice thing to take advantage of with lower numbers is right at 77%ish, 52%ish etc RDM casts III spell, and I time jin with it as they land, I think the most we've done was send the NM from 77% to 62%ish, and when it popped only had to bring it 10% down before throwing another volley at it.

It really speeds it up, but duoing melee + mage its hit or miss, 3 pops makes it pretty much impossible to win

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Would this be doable as BLM/Anything & RDM/ blm drk or whm? Or would the rdm need to be /nin, mule doesn't have NIN sub levelled or W Legs and sold Utsusemi Ichi Scroll, curious if I could do this ENM with this setup. Any responses are appreciated ^^

Black Belt
    BG Level

If you have no qualm on using 3pp, ApRadar can actually pinpoint the underground antlions locations.

Duo as RDM + BLM is pretty easy. I go RDM/NIN + BLM/RDM sometimes, but usually I'm doing shell we dance. Kite around pillar and go all out til it burrows, find it, repeat. The hunters are easily sleepable if you get one of those. I've almost solo'd this post patch as RDM/NIN, but I timed out with him at like 5%. One more nuke with chainspell up would have finished it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    I duo this NIN/WAR + RDM/WHM, one nice thing to take advantage of with lower numbers is right at 77%ish, 52%ish etc RDM casts III spell, and I time jin with it as they land, I think the most we've done was send the NM from 77% to 62%ish, and when it popped only had to bring it 10% down before throwing another volley at it.

It really speeds it up, but duoing melee + mage its hit or miss, 3 pops makes it pretty much impossible to win
    Is it possible to consistently duo this without using something to tell you where the antlions are hiding? I trioed this thing for a year or so, NIN/SAM/RDM, and once in a great while even with 3 people all running around looking, we weren't able to pop him 4 times without running out of time (We killed the pops, because it only took like 30 seconds). Now the SAM has quit and I'm not sure if we should start duoing or find another DD.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir

Is it possible to consistently duo this without using something to tell you where the antlions are hiding? I trioed this thing for a year or so, NIN/SAM/RDM, and once in a great while even with 3 people all running around looking, we weren't able to pop him 4 times without running out of time (We killed the pops, because it only took like 30 seconds). Now the SAM has quit and I'm not sure if we should start duoing or find another DD.
    We have never used anything to tell us where they pop, but now that I know one exists, I'll probably look into it to be honest (we have the skill to duo it even if 3 pops, I'm tired of timing out cuz they're hidden in stupid places)

But yes duo should be no problem, just make sure the NIN is good and you'd be clear, I think one time when we got only NM pops we cleared it in like 5-6 minutes.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I duo this all the time as well. Me RDM and my friend either NIN or WAR. The ants all pop in the same places, so if you do it enough it will cut down on the running around to find mobs time. We timed out a bunch of times when we first started, especially when we got 3 hunters to pop. But it gets pretty easy with experience.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

So You're saying this is doable without much trouble as RDM/WHM or /blm + NIN/war or NIN/DNC or something? I have tons of jobs, mule only has rdm, I could actually bring a BRD or SMN too, would that be doable ? (Keep in mind I'd be playing all 2-3 characters).

has anyone tried this ENM with ApRadar? being able to see the non NM Antlion and just avoid them altogether?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Friend of mine tried it and said he couldn't tell where anythign was at. Said there's no map for the area so everything just appeared in 1 spot on top of each other and he couldnt read any of the text. Dunno how reliable that info is tho.

I don't know about APRadar, maybe you just need a custom zoom or something to see them, but they do show up in memory the standard way <____< Pretty sure this qualifies as serious cheating though /=

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

I'd like to duo this with my friend, I have WHM, BRD, RNG, he has most jobs at 75. Any suggestions? It seems most ppl go with RDM because of survivability or T3 nukes/sleeping, would a WHM with repose do as well in the sleeping dept? I have a pretty good melee setup too.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny
    I don't know about APRadar, maybe you just need a custom zoom or something to see them, but they do show up in memory the standard way <____< Pretty sure this qualifies as serious cheating though /=
    Yeah it's funny to leave 2 years ago and see ffxiapp so blasted by everyone (which had the same capabilities) and now ApRadar is an accepted means of playing (by most people).

Black Belt
    BG Level

Since I've gotten a few PM on asking for details, I guess I'd need to go in depth on what exactly needed to do.

Set zoom to like 2x or higher, that'd cause the backgrounds on ENM zone from "no map" to just pitch black on ApRadar.

Set the NPC name to a color that would show up on pitch black background, set it to display it, and enjoy your ill gotten gains.

Try fucking around with it before entering the ENM and see if the display show the dark miasma and the goblin footprint on the right area.

Mods feel free to delete this post if deemed necessary.