Closed Thread
Page 11 of 426 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Randomer Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Re: Randomer Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rasantath
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G
    I could swear I have scoured this site up and down and I still can't find the list of ranks for BG. I know the moment someone points it out I'm going to feel like an idiot, but would someone mind? It was pretty clever, and I want to see what I'm up for next.
    memberlist.php?sk=d&sd=d&mode=&start=880
    click members, sort by # of posts (twice to reverse sort)
    sure its the hard way, but it works.
    your next rank is "New Merits" at 150.
    Thanks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Joyeuse is overrated imo for WAR. Sure you swing twice but at the loss of a ton of Acc/Atk that you get from have 30+ more kill in Axe. Rid/Joy can be cool and fun but usually Man/Rid will outparse it. I have a Joy but I don't even use it on WAR, I personally like and parse better Man/Jugg. Unless you have full Sword Merits, you just loose too much Acc for Joy to be fully worth it imo. I have outparsed tons of WARs who had better gear then me at the time because they used Joy and had crappy Acc. (Now my gear is on par or better and I outparse them by even more..)

Really, SIS. Depedning on your set-up, what gear you have, what merits, etcetc.. They are all solid choices.
    When I dinged level 70 WAR I equipped my Joyeuse in my off-hand and I have never looked back. I also had 6 sword merits because my RDM was pretty much capped on the important stuff at that point and I wanted my WAR to be buff. In the end it is all personal preference, and building your gear and merits around it.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleGulk
    did you mean "Some don't like Manteel"? Minstrel's is r/ex, which Im sure you know. dunno about the "not having -spellcasting = gimp" statement, though. yeah, it helps. but it seems to be a luxury item. especially when minstrel's for skill+ and errant for Chr+ would both be utilized.
    I would agree that -song cast time is a luxury item were the 7 million gil body gear the only piece with it. Fortunately there is a 100% free version of it that requires only time and effort to acquire. (And let me head it off at the pass, besides someone who uses every assault tag for Salvage and/or Nyzul Isle. If you do not, then you have no reason not to get it, and if you want one bad enough, you will cut back on Salvage/Nyzul Isle to get it.)

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    Quote Originally Posted by Baha
    If you have BRD 75, and do not have a -songcast body, or are at least endeavouring to get yigit, you're pretty damn gimp I'd have to say.

Some don't like minstrel's, understandable, but I think it's pretty important to have if you're a serious bard. It's pricy, but it's one of the few staple BRD items that is. :3 Stacking fastcast and -songcast is very win for merits, and pretty much anything you'd want to do as a 75 BRD.
    did you mean "Some don't like Manteel"? Minstrel's is r/ex, which Im sure you know. dunno about the "not having -spellcasting = gimp" statement, though. yeah, it helps. but it seems to be a luxury item. especially when minstrel's for skill+ and errant for Chr+ would both be utilized.
    I don't even have BRD unlocked and I know minstrel's ring isn't R/E lol.
    yea, we had been talking about body pieces, and thought we still were. i see it was the ring.

I would agree that -song cast time is a luxury item were the 7 million gil body gear the only piece with it. Fortunately there is a 100% free version of it that requires only time and effort to acquire. (And let me head it off at the pass, besides someone who uses every assault tag for Salvage and/or Nyzul Isle. If you do not, then you have no reason not to get it, and if you want one bad enough, you will cut back on Salvage/Nyzul Isle to get it.)
    i agree. the question i was posing is having the -song cast in body slot necessary? or maybe an easier question to answer-- if you dont have -song casting time gear, are you a gimp brd?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i agree. the question i was posing is having the -song cast in body slot necessary? or maybe an easier question to answer-- if you dont have -song casting time gear, are you a gimp brd?
    If you are in a merit party and pulling, then yes it is 100% necessary. If you never merit, or you never pull when you merit then not so much. But when your chain depends on how fast you can slap songs on people, you need all the help you can get.

I don't think you're *gimp* if you don't have a fastcast body, but I agree that if you're serious about bard for a long time, you should have something of one kind. Minstrel's Ring is definitely worth it and was a godsend levelling, but fact be told, there are many bards out there that just slap on MP, no chr, no skill, and wonder why their shit gets resisted. If original asker wants, I can send complete gearswaps/lists of instruments I use if that would be helpful. Since I'm used to meriting without fastcast body, now that I have it, it's like "shit, i got more free time".
    welp, my brd isnt 75 yet. so just kinda getting an idea of what i should have when it is.

and for fucks sake, use more than a flute for all your fracking songs
    i dont understand

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What's the deal with not seeing Brutus during long walks for chocobo raising? I've used like 2 elixers each day for the last week just spamming long walks and I've yet to see him a 3rd time, I always find items or see the Tarutaru instead. ><

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    What's the deal with not seeing Brutus during long walks for chocobo raising? I've used like 2 elixers each day for the last week just spamming long walks and I've yet to see him a 3rd time, I always find items or see the Tarutaru instead. ><
    What level is your Receptivity? That seems to affect the overall chance of running into *someone* on your walk. As for running into the Taru instead of Brutus, that's just due to the law of FFXI that given two or more possible outcomes, the game will always pick the least desired one (see: salvage boss drops).

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    What level is your Receptivity? That seems to affect the overall chance of running into *someone* on your walk. As for running into the Taru instead of Brutus, that's just due to the law of FFXI that given two or more possible outcomes, the game will always pick the least desired one (see: salvage boss drops).
    Lowest level. I'm trying to get max Str/End with both stories. I got max Str/End but End is down to impressive and still no story. :/ Disc is at "a bit deficient" and I have had no success at the Elvaan story, because I only had one shot at it while trying to spam long walks. I done a bajillion long walks, even tried not picking up the item to see if it would help and that seems to be even worse. Now i'm 2/2 on both story people with the last brutus being like 15 long walks ago or something.

[quote=Not Kuno]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not Kuno":3lbnl7la
    Lowest level. I'm trying to get max Str/End with both stories. I got max Str/End but End is down to impressive and still no story. :/ Disc is at "a bit deficient" and I have had no success at the Elvaan story, because I only had one shot at it while trying to spam long walks. I done a bajillion long walks, even tried not picking up the item to see if it would help and that seems to be even worse. Now i'm 2/2 on both story people with the last brutus being like 15 long walks ago or something.[/quote:3lbnl7la]

When I was trying to get my max str/end chocobo with Treasure Finder and Bore (since Hot and Cold and riding chocobo has to be the same) I tried something similar to what you are doing, and it just didn't have enough time. What I ended up doing, and what I'd suggest you do, is start a new chocobo, focus on Disc and Recep, keep going until you acquire the stories and teach both abilities, then retire, then do the same on a bird of the other gender, then breed the two until you get a new chocobo with both abilities, then level it with the stats you want.

Although actually I didn't quite do it that way since I just bred one ability chocobo with one normal chocobo until after about 4 tries I got one with Bore, then raised that and taught it Treasure Finder, and was able to max STR and either max Endurance or get it 1 lvl below max before retiring, I forget which. There's some flexibility to arrive at the same outcome but either way you get the idea.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Theres no way I'm raising another bird. >_>

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

OK, so I don't have a Minstrel's Ring. Yeah yeah, I have Marduk head/body/legs and not the ring. I can pull infinichain and keep songs up with (an awesome) WHM and 4 DD and blah blah. So I don't think, for me, it's 100% essential. But it's something I've been thinking about doing, and I'm basically out of things to buy, except a relic (which won't happen), another Salvage body (maybe...), or HQ things for jobs I use 1% of the time.

So...what kind of gear sets do people use to trigger HP down on BRD? I do not currently have any Zenith; I have the legs abjuration rotting in my safe, and could get the head relatively soon, but nothing else. I have never been able to find an answer as to whether +HP or "Converts MP to HP" gear "count" as far as the latent activation is concerned. I would not like to spend a bunch of non-refundable gil on trying this out if possible. Also, I do not have access to Windower macros.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

Macro 1: As much -HP gear as you have.
    Macro 2: Your normal BRD gear.

If you have 75% HP or less after pressing Macro 1 followed by Macro 2, you will activate your ring latent. I don't know how much more simply I can explain it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Thanks, but...yes, that much is obvious. The problem is that "as much -HP gear as I have" will not give me 75% HP when equipping my normal BRD gear. But after going back and reading again, I did see someone state that +HP gear affects your "base HP" value that's used for calculation of latent activation. So...it seems like, to make up for my lack of -HP gear, I could do something like swap from an Ether Ring to a Bomb Queen Ring. I've run a spreadsheet, and if this is true, I can activate the ring with gear swaps (except for Victory March, I guess, because I need +skill in those spots instead of +HP).

I mostly need confirmation on this point, because the only place I've seen this stated is Alla, and when I asked my LS BLMs, they (at least the ones that were online) seemed to think it wasn't the case. I would have to buy some gear to accomplish this, still, so I thought I'd ask before buying the ring and some other junk.

Here's what you do to test if it procs. Equip all your -HP gear then equip your normal bard gear like the last poster said, then unequip any "Converts HP to MP" gear you have on. If after doing so you are in yellow, it will proc with said "converts" gear equipped. The reason is that "Converts HP to MP" gear doesn't actually lower the HP that you need 75% of; +/- HP gear does. Merits also do.

This is part of the reason I really don't care for morrigan's cuffs--in many situations I'd rather stay at 79% hp while nuking (with zmitts, not yellow hp) and still proc sorc ring.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

not sure if this has been asked or not. If any linkshell that doing dynamis met any massive R0 recently? Especially in the 4 starter cities. I think since the somepage iframe thing, we have a bad R0 happened in bastok. And last week we had another R0 in windust infront of the blm area.

Althought there isn't anyone dced, or maybe only one or two. It quite strange since it does not apply to individual, but to the whole linkshell.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

probably a stupid question, but... Do the Aura Statues at the celestial nexus still drop Diorites? And if so... why the hell doesn't anyone camp them >_> instead I had 3 linkshells come to Ulli camp with -no pops up- yesterday.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think they were farmed for a long time before people gave up. No drops :<

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

yes they do drop diorite, even though i spent like, 2 hours there today with no drop

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kionu
    probably a stupid question, but... Do the Aura Statues at the celestial nexus still drop Diorites? And if so... why the hell doesn't anyone camp them >_> instead I had 3 linkshells come to Ulli camp with -no pops up- yesterday.

I might bring a merit party up there to try and get a Diorite for myself and to bring back old memories of meriting there ... so they better.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Aye Dios still drop there.

We got 2 in bout an hour few days ago ^^

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 426 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast