Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Randomer Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferien
    Is Byrnie(+1) still better? I seem to remember some testing showing it on top, but I can't remember if that was contingent on sub or if it's changed since the patches.
    Byrnie+1 is really only good for amano sam... It's to reach the attack cap easier, since you have 20 less acc to worry about. Hauby would be a lot better for non amano sams.
    Hm...I thought it was tested by a hagun user.
    Go for it, you'll have to make up for the acc loss in other spots though, which kinda negates the point of it. Or just use sushi.

About to hit BLM75, and i'm wondering what I should merit after Elemental Magic skill (10 merits saved already for L4). Enfeebling? Potency? AM2? I intend to merit them all to cap, but that's a looooooooooot of points, and i'm wondering where I should allocate first for maximum usage.

Banned.

BG Level

I would use Stun (actually I do), because is short of the same thing as Flash, a longer effect, is always sexier.

As for merits:
    I would put, 4 Enfeeb, 4 Ele, rest AM2. Personally I'm going to cap Ele / Enfeeb before putting some in AM2/potency, but that is because Elvaan MP sucks.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    What should I merit for Blue Mage? Category 1 mainly, but some opinions on Category 2 would be nice.
    I went 5/5 Physical Potency 5/5 Magical Accuracy personally, Monster Corrolation is too situational, CA recast isnt that big a deal to me, BA recast is moot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    I would use Stun (actually I do), because is short of the same thing as Flash, a longer effect, is always sexier.

As for merits:
    I would put, 4 Enfeeb, 4 Ele, rest AM2. Personally I'm going to cap Ele / Enfeeb before putting some in AM2/potency, but that is because Elvaan MP sucks.
    uh?
    Did you forget you can do level 8 ele and enfeeb now ? lol
    Do not merit AM2 until your thunder and ice potencies are capped >_>.

To answer Naramaska:
    I'd cap Elemental Magic first.
    If you plan to solo alot then go ahead and do Enfeebling to at least level 4 next, if not you can come back and do it all later to level 8.
    Next do Thunder Potency and Ice Potency (MAB+10 added to your 2 strongest spells will help alot more than getting AM2 at this point (AM2 are basically MP wasters, pretty inefficient spells, you are better off with Tier IV. They are only good for a zerg type situation like DL, but seeing how you have RNG, that'd be the optimal choice for you on a zerg type fight, so AM2 won't really be worthwhile to you.
    AM2 is really a matter of choice on which ones you actually plan to merit. Situational depending on what you do on BLM. I personally did Burst II to lvl 3, Freeze II to lvl 2 and Tornado II (Originally for Kirin and Ouryu, but now worthless for Kirin since melee burn only now ) to level 1.
    Flood II is also pretty decent if you use BLM on something like Tiamat often.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

What are the most MP efficient RDM hate gaining spells? Campaign tanking ftw!

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Seditedi
    uh?
    Did you forget you can do level 8 ele and enfeeb now ? lol
    He said, he had 10 merits to spend as a start. But yeah, guess I did forget .

Edit for ^: Dispel / CureIV (when you have hate), bind, bar-gas (in PT ovbiously).

For building C.E. Dispel and Sleep are probably the best spells.
    For maintaining V.E. Blind, Bind, and single target barspells work great.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm sorry, I have a vague understanding of the emnity system.

Is C.E. initial hate that deteriorates slowly. and V.E. the fast detreiorating stuff? I totally have no idea how to spell deteriorate.

Yea V.E. is the very quickly deteriorating component of total enmity.
    Short cast time/low recast spells win here due to the speed it decreases you need quick spells to keep it high.
    C.E. only is lost when you take damage etc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Seditedi
    Yea V.E. is the very quickly deteriorating component of total enmity.
    Short cast time/low recast spells win here due to the speed it decreases you need quick spells to keep it high.
    C.E. only is lost when you take damage etc.
    Would SS tanking be a better option than meat tanking despite the hate gained from cures?

Banned.

BG Level

That would depend on what are you tanking, for example for the Warmachine; I would rather use SS, than get owned by his TP moves.

Then again if everyone is on the mob, you are going to get showered with TP moves, therefore having to cure yourself.

Shit is situational?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

How could one low man a yovra? What is the drop rate like? (I'm sorry, this is something I would normally ask my ls, but I quit end game for a bit, ya know.)

Well you're a RDM so if you've got some skilled BLM buddies you could easily take out an Ul'yovra with just yourself and 2 BLMs.
    Om'yovra I've done with 3 BLMs, Ul'yovra I've duo'ed with 2 BLMs.
    Om is 100% drop, Ul is probably about 40% drop rate without Treasure Hunter.

Keep it Gravitied and Bind it when necessary then nuke it down quickly til the BLMs are out of MP.
    Ice nukes only and Aspir it as much as possible, after BLMs run out of MP it should be around 30-40% HP, ES Sleep II it at that point then rest up.
    It'll regen a bit, but thats ok, you'll have enough MP to finish it off.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Night of questions:

Eurytos' Bow or Selene's Bow post 60?

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

The Selene's/Euryto's bow question has been flung around my LS many times. It all boils down to "Selene's bow is useful SOME of the time, Euryto's bow is useful ALL of the time".

And that statement is only when in comparison to each other. Obviously Selene's bow, when not in a great effect by the moon, is still better than some bows you can obtain.

When its in high Ranged Attack + moon phase (which I believe is new moon) it's probably just about the same or better than the Ebow, rest of the time Ebow is probably going to be better.

Banned.

BG Level

I have done them with WHM, NIN, THF.
    The big deal with UFOs, is that feeding them TP gets you killed fast.
    Took about 10 - 20 minutes to kill one (including me running from the NIN and THF)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

ebow better than sbow at any moon phase

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. Is Eurytos' Bow worth the money? (I realize that it is of a higher quality than Selene's Bow)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 426 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast