Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 425 of 426 FirstFirst ... 375 415 423 424 425 426 LastLast

Thread: Randomer Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

So I just realised I don't actually remember this; does haste take effect at the start or finish of casting a spell?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

At the end

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Plight View Post
    You got it. Deploying without any maneuvers is fine, though if you wait a couple seconds you shouldn't overload with ice while gaining substantial extra damage from attachments.
    How many Ice maneuvers can you get away with without the chance of overloading? Also, even if you overload, you can still nuke right?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The number of maneuvers you can put up depends on how long you're willing to wait before deploying. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes for the necessary burden to decay to be able to use two or three, though I would estimate it's less than a minute. You might be able to get a more concrete answer on the ZAM PUP forum; I think Nateypoo quantified that stuff a while ago.

Edit: and yes, you can still nuke after overloading- just not apply any maneuvers.

Regarding Dynamis - Xarcabard eyes 53-56, I could have swore if you pulled 53 first the summoner pop wouldn't link and you could then safely pull 54 through 56 in order? It's been a while since I've done it, but last attempt pulling 53 resulted in all 4 of them linking(which was rather massive carnage with 8 people <_<)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I am looking to learn how haste and fast cast reduces recast timers. I understand 1% haste is 10/512 but i don't know how to use that to work out how it reduces a recast timer. Also i don't know how to apply fast cast reductions in the same manner. Can anyone help me?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by idklol View Post
    I am looking to learn how haste and fast cast reduces recast timers. I understand 1% haste is 10/512 but i don't know how to use that to work out how it reduces a recast timer. Also i don't know how to apply fast cast reductions in the same manner. Can anyone help me?

New Recast = floor( [1-Fast Cast] * ( [1-Haste] * Recast ) )

Haste and fastcast as a decimal

5% hate = 0.05

Remeber that fastcast affect on recast is half that on casting speed.

So RDM AF hat = 10% casting time reduction but only 5% recast reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    How many Ice maneuvers can you get away with without the chance of overloading? Also, even if you overload, you can still nuke right?
    If you just activate the puppet and use a manoeuver rigth away the chance of overloading are very high.

The safe way to put 3 ice manoeuvers is to wait 10 sec after each manoeuver is ready again, so 40 sec total. Another way is to use condenser and 1 water man > 3 ice man.

If you overload, you still nuke but no magic acc or attack bonus.

Something worth noting is that the BLM head spontaneously cast FIre IV on puddings which is fail (they probably resist fire less often.. )

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wow tyvm. I can't believe it is so simple.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Wow tyvm. I can't believe it is so simple.
    If you want to be perfectly accurate you can use 50/1024 in stead of 0.05 (in the case of 5% haste (turban)).

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

k, Just a really stupid question. Do salvage pieces give partial set bonuses ? like I have Marduk's Jubbah and Shalwar, I can't reliably see the difference in casting time/recast, but I know jubbah gives 5% fast cast, assuming there is a partial set bonus 2 pieces would give 4% in order for full set to give 10%, so technically I should have 9% fast cast if there is one, can anyone verify this? I only ask because someone is trying to convince me of such.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Lekotas View Post
    k, Just a really stupid question. Do salvage pieces give partial set bonuses ? like I have Marduk's Jubbah and Shalwar, I can't reliably see the difference in casting time/recast, but I know jubbah gives 5% fast cast, assuming there is a partial set bonus 2 pieces would give 4% in order for full set to give 10%, so technically I should have 9% fast cast if there is one, can anyone verify this? I only ask because someone is trying to convince me of such.
    they don't would be nice if they though :/

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Argettio View Post
    If you want to be perfectly accurate you can use 50/1024 in stead of 0.05 (in the case of 5% haste (turban)).
    Don't think my brain can work that well at this time but thanks for explaining that. The 24 seems pretty minimal so i'm assuming people just refer to it as 1000 out of simplicity, right? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Regarding Dynamis - Xarcabard eyes 53-56, I could have swore if you pulled 53 first the summoner pop wouldn't link and you could then safely pull 54 through 56 in order? It's been a while since I've done it, but last attempt pulling 53 resulted in all 4 of them linking(which was rather massive carnage with 8 people <_<)
    anyone?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Don't think my brain can work that well at this time but thanks for explaining that. The 24 seems pretty minimal so i'm assuming people just refer to it as 1000 out of simplicity, right? Thanks again.
    The game works out haste as a fraction of 1024.

Item have a decription rounded to the nearest whole percentage.

Eg. The turban = 5% which should equal 0.05

but the game actually calcualtes it as 50/1024 (= 0.0488 or 4.88%)

So the description on the item is always higher than the actual amount of haste given.

Which is why to truely cap haste with gear you need 26%.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    I don't pull so I don't know about position when to shoot or w/e but when we pull those eyes a kindred pops (i think it's a smn but it might be a brd?) with no aggro and that's the next thing the puller grabs after we take out (i think) #53 and friends. Sorry I can't help more ;/

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Argettio View Post

So the description on the item is always higher than the actual amount of haste given.

Didn't homam legs give MORE haste than advertised? I heard that somewhere

yes

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny
    http://starflare.usc.edu/ffxi/linked...d_question.jpg

The trick with this pull is to use the terrain to limit the link. The best approach is to pull 358, which spawns the Kindred SAM, DRG, NIN, and SMN set south and up the steep end of the hill. As long as you do not sleep the Kindred NIN on the hill AND you force it to go down the hill first after it's pulled (we usually pull it from the east side, but the north side could probably work as well), it will not link the Kindred SMN higher up on the hill and you can break the link chain.

Then it's just a matter of clearing counter-clockwise (358 > 344 > 351 > 337) and you won't link any further Kindred as each Vanguard Eye spawns its Kindred clockwise around the square.

I don't think it's possible to pull 351 and not link 344 through the Kindred SMN due to the way 344 is initially facing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Didn't homam legs give MORE haste than advertised? I heard that somewhere
    I also heard that romour, I don't know if it is true.

But as a general rule, the decription over estimates the amount of haste give due to rounding errors.