Re: Randomer Question Thread

How does Guardian work?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    there was a livejournal with an outline of everything up to JOL but the information is from '05 and is obviously a bit antiquated, even still I can't remember the link, I lost my bookmark when I reformatted last maybe someone else can remember
    http://laetis.livejournal.com/44949.html#cutid1

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    2 str is way less important than 12 attack
    I thought someone said attack doesn't affect SAM WS?
    Like hell it doesn't.
    Well shit, I guess that helps explain the huge fucking range a 1 hit, non-crit, same debuff WS can do lol. I need to go over my WS macro then. =(
    I remember back during the huge 2handed buff, I was able to cap my WS damage on Colibri with Wheeling Thrust (similar characteristics to some SAM ws's - 1 hit and STR based). No matter how much attack I put on, I never went over it, but when I put on more STR, the number began to increase (although capped there now). But since the "nerf", it's hard for me to reach that point without SV.

That might be able to help you understand how STR could be better than ATK, but I wish I could tell you from a samurai's perspective.
    Be careful in comparing an "ignores defense" WS with an fTP modification WS. The reason it was easy to cap Wheeling Thrust (and I have done no testing on this just to be clear) is that since you are ignoring defense you are probably capping your attack for that WS against those mobs. It is also the reason that Wheeling Thrust is so consistent and why STR is the only thing that can increase the damage (STR also effects the WS mods part of the WS damage equation).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    there was a livejournal with an outline of everything up to JOL but the information is from '05 and is obviously a bit antiquated, even still I can't remember the link, I lost my bookmark when I reformatted last maybe someone else can remember
    http://laetis.livejournal.com/44949.html#cutid1
    didn't look at the whole thing yet but it looks better than what I was planning on using, thanks.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I used to have several gear swaps in my MNK's Asuran Fists macro, but over the past year as my gear gradually got better, I found pieces of gear slowly vanishing from use (on my MNK at least).

So my question is, what should I be aiming for in terms of stuff to gear-swap for AF?

I use:

Destroyers
    Tiphia Sting
    Usukane Somen
    Chiv Chain (PCC ~900k away, which is mostly on AH and will be bought within a week or two)
    Attack +5 Earring (Doesn't matter which, all you gear critics )
    Brutal Earring
    Shura Togi
    Usukane Gote (Melee Gloves when I have high accuracy)
    Rajas Ring
    Ulthalam's Ring
    Amemet Mantle +1
    Black Belt
    Usukane Hizayoroi
    Dune Boots

Now, I realize the Dune Boots and Brutal Earring do nothing for Asuran Fists. Other than those two slots, and assuming I have PCC, am I missing any potential gear swaps for WS that would outperform what I'm using? I figure I'm just being blind to something.

I'm not worried about the boots because I expect to get Usukane feet soon enough, and those have 7 accuracy and attack on them, which is pretty pwn for a melee and a WS piece.

The earring I'll worry about later, when I figure out what to put there instead of Brutal during WS.

I figure this question is random enough and didn't deserve its own topic.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

b.kote when you get pcc?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Saraphym
    b.kote when you get pcc?
    Xolotl's not really within my reach not to mention Melee Gloves are just as good, I'm not worried about 6 attack. I was thinking more along the lines of significant differences. <_<

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

eh, i dont really see where you could anything that would help AF 'significantly', the best probably being 6atk, but w/e.

edit: you could trade t.sting for smart grenade for too for more acc>atk, but i guess thats not really going to make much diff either :T

Relic Horn
    BG Level

eh, i dont really see where you could anything that would help AF 'significantly', the best probably being 6atk, but w/e.
    I'm not sure losing the 10 accuracy from the gote would be worth 20 attack in merits (using meat) or on Salvage bosses (thinking Ochi Kote instead of Bando, since it's a little easier and more within my reach).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    I'm not sure losing the 10 accuracy from the gote would be worth 20 attack in merits (using meat) or on Salvage bosses (thinking Ochi Kote instead of Bando, since it's a little easier and more within my reach).

well atm you're using c.chain+gote which is +15acc & str+3 i was just suggesting using pcc+b/o.kote which is +10acc +20/22 atk, i dont see the point of PCC & gote +20acc, seems like pcc/b/o.kote would be better choice, since you're already doing fine with just +15acc, losing 5acc for 20/22 atk seems like a good trade off to me, but again thats just imo.

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

If someone was online to raise my Tiamat mule I would test for you, but since its' missed me before I would wager that you can avoid it
    Oh? It's never missed me from the best of my recollection, just trying to think of a way to pull Dyna Tavnazia Antlion without losing someone, fucker Ambushes hard

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd

well atm you're using c.chain+gote which is +15acc & str+3 i was just suggesting using pcc+b/o.kote which is +10acc +20/22 atk, i dont see the point of PCC & gote +20acc, seems like pcc/b/o.kote would be better choice, since you're already doing fine with just +15acc, losing 5acc for 20/22 atk seems like a good trade off to me, but again thats just imo.
    Hmm, I'll try it out. Worth a shot anyway.

Bst Trousers +1 (+6 STR) or Byakko's Haidate (+15 DEX) for rampage?

Haidate

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Deband
    How does Guardian work?
    It's active whenever Sentinel is active and reduces the enmity decay during the duration of Sentinel. My guess is that by saying a 19% boost per merit, the total enmity you lose is reduced by 19% meaning that you have more enmity for the same time period.

Is it effective? I'm not so sure as I only have 1 merit into it, but I would be interested to hear from Paladins with more merits into Guardian.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyone having trouble placing hate on people outside PT (people in alliance or just random people in besieged/campaign) with SATA cannonball?? Been trying to ummm, mess about with people in campaign but I just end up tanking after CSSATA cannonball and during behemoth just now, my SATA on the people behind it did nothing but get it mad at me.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushii
    Quote Originally Posted by pchan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    RDM vs. Prime avatars solo: /NIN or gtfo? If I do it /NIN, I will probably use Full yigit.

Kinda lazy to invest in a lolmelee setup, when I still lack actual mage pieces more useful.

Of course suggestions and ideas are welcome.
    RDM/noSJ works fine
    Really? I was planning on waiting on /NIN to do Avatar fights. How easy is it w/o NIN? Was thinking maybe /DRK for aspir and Vorpal Blade
    Your melee won't do boatloads against them, since it's an avatar. The "nosub" thing is right, i usually go /BLM for a warp home. /NIN is certainly the *easiest* and one reason to do it is faster enspells, which is a faster kill. The avatars are blind and are probably the one place in the game an evasion setup will benefit an RDM.

2hr can still occasionally not resist (damn rare to an RDM with barspells), and the only other chunk of dmg I've taken is some move from Titan which seems to hit more than the others. Garuda can be annoying because of so many doubleattacks and blinks, but really...still easy. Imo, the easiest one is Ifrit, who seems to do literally nothing damaging of any kind...it's a good starter one if you're nervous at all.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur
    Quote Originally Posted by Deband
    How does Guardian work?
    It's active whenever Sentinel is active and reduces the enmity decay during the duration of Sentinel. My guess is that by saying a 19% boost per merit, the total enmity you lose is reduced by 19% meaning that you have more enmity for the same time period.

Is it effective? I'm not so sure as I only have 1 merit into it, but I would be interested to hear from Paladins with more merits into Guardian.
    Thanks for the info. So its a trait not an ability?

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Gettin' up there on my PLD, so here's my question: In what order is generally best to merit PLD specific merits?
    My plan will be as follows:

5 Sentinel Recast
    5 Rampart Recast
    3 Chivalry
    1 Fealty
    1 Iron Will
    1 Guardian

Obviously, unlocking Chivalry and Fealty comes first. What would you say is the best way to proceed after that?

What are the currently known ways to obtain Coral Fragment? I see RMT(or players?) being able to sell 2-3d a day, but I can't seem to find any up-to-date thread concerning coral fragment, I believe a while ago, SE removed coral fragment from a few of the common fishing spots?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 426 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast