Thread: Randomer Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

Re: Randomer Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    RDM vs. Prime avatars solo: /NIN or gtfo? If I do it /NIN, I will probably use Full yigit.

Kinda lazy to invest in a lolmelee setup, when I still lack actual mage pieces more useful.

Of course suggestions and ideas are welcome.
    I've done Shiva, Ramuh, and Ifrit on RDM/BLM. I strongly recommend RDM/NIN though. The fights are a lot safer, easier, and faster on RDM/NIN. Since it is your first attempt, you definitely want to go /NIN. Try to use as much haste gear as you can to maximize the amount of damage from en-spells, and for Utsusemi recast. Also, you will only be able to land enfeebles that are strong to that avatar. (Slow on Ramuh, Gravity on Titan, Poison on Ifrit, and Paralyze on Garuda.)
    not that Aquarius 2hrs (or if he does its not anything significant like Astral Flow) but ive seen him own quite a few players, once otw to faf (between ints so i stayed to watch as i was late) i saw a rdm solo it, pretty much standing still, and i noticed he was blm sub

maybe this isnt a big deal (seems nothing rdms do is impressive since avesta already did it all heh) but as a non rdm (mine's 37) i thought it was well done and very controlled

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    Is seiryu weak to slashing, take more damage from all physical damage, or just have really low vit or something? I've always wondered why I hit crazy numbers on him, but no sites list anything special.

seiryu seem like just to have lower defense than other 3 gods.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Osede
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    Is seiryu weak to slashing, take more damage from all physical damage, or just have really low vit or something? I've always wondered why I hit crazy numbers on him, but no sites list anything special.

seiryu seem like just to have lower defense than other 3 gods.
    He takes more damage from SATA vertical cleave/spinning slash/steel cyclone than most ep mobs for me lol, there has to be something else going on there...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Does Fire weather in Ifrits Cauldron count as "Fire" weather when doing the SMN quest?

When skilling shield, is it better to:

A) Wear as much shield gear as possible so you block more and skillup is based off your base skill before gear?

B) Don't wear any gear since skillup is based off your total skill and having a higher skill will slow down skillups?

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    Does Fire weather in Ifrits Cauldron count as "Fire" weather when doing the SMN quest?
    I don't think so, because it's in a dungeon area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    I was planning on doing it /WHM for MDB (lol) and because Bar-ga have a lower recast.

And free Reraise of course <_<
    MDB from WHM sub doesn't do shit for RDM.
    37WHM gets only MDB II and RDM75 only gets MDB II as well.

@ Septimus: How hard do the avatar primes actually hit you on RDM/BLM?
    As RDM/NIN I never took a hit through stoneskin so don't really know.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xrave
    A) Wear as much shield gear as possible so you block more and skillup is based off your base skill before gear?
    There is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushii
    Need a gorget for Slugwinder, don't think I'll ever take another melee to 75, and I don't even do Dynamis so no Relic ever. Which gorget would be best? I already have 3 Aern. Looking for fastest soloability/farming on RDM, since I don't do sea anymore either.

Options:
    if you are lazy, aqua. aerns are less crappy to kill than phuabos (imo). also it works for decimation.
    if you are not lazy, light, since it also works for detonator and empyreal arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushii
    Edit: Why am I getting intimidated by Hpmedes?
    you are wearing crimson. hpemdes have dragon killer (yeah, i know, weird)

Banned.

BG Level

This might be a stupid question, but I'm curious: Do (sea) gorgets have negative effects on WSes with the opposite element type?

Another question: Someone was telling me it was impossible to have a Chocobo with First-Class in everything(using only training). Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Another question: Someone was telling me it was impossible to have a Chocobo with First-Class in everything(using only training). Is that true?
    From what I understand... Yes you can, if you are only using Training, as training has no negative effect on your chocobo, and I believe by "using only training", you mean "Basic care" for everything. Though, using training would take quite a while, and you might need to get the 100 chocobucks ticket(forgot what's it called) to train your retired chocobo, if it isn't capped by the time it forces you to retire.

On a slightly off topic note: The JP Wiki has a lot more information(with numbers and all) regarding Chocobo breeding and racing, would it be allowed for me to translate it for the BGwiki? I have seen outside source being used there, but I am not 100% sure if it's allowed. I will of course add the "credit to JP wiki" part in.

Thanks Elphaba and Pchan on the replies regarding coral as well.

Banned.

BG Level

You should be fine if you credit them, especially if it isn't already translated on their page.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

This might be a stupid question, but I'm curious: Do (sea) gorgets have negative effects on WSes with the opposite element type?
    I haven't tested it but I believe it doesn't have any negative effects just acts as if there's no neck piece.

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zarath
    I haven't tested it but I believe it doesn't have any negative effects just acts as if there's no neck piece.
    Which is a pretty negative effect, I'd think, considering what you're losing out on.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Anyone ever succeed at landing Ancient Sword's curse effect on an hnm? I kind of figured it wouldn't work but took it out to riverne on my BLU on a soboro run and got it to proc on Unstable Cluster once. I should have a pic somewhere but I got a lot of pics, and more curious if anyone's done this on something bigger than whether someone believes I did it on soboro nm.

Edit: Got it:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...117_035555.png

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire
    Anyone ever succeed at landing Ancient Sword's curse effect on an hnm? I kind of figured it wouldn't work but took it out to riverne on my BLU on a soboro run and got it to proc on Unstable Cluster once. I should have a pic somewhere but I got a lot of pics, and more curious if anyone's done this on something bigger than whether someone believes I did it on soboro nm.

snip image
    dumb question: would threnody increase the proc rate of this effect? if so, is there a way to make it effective? my guess is maybe and no, but i'm going more off instinct than knowledge.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

did SE ever fix the whm AF2+1 legs problem where the +22 bar wouldnt show? wondering is it worth upgrading them yet

Banned.

BG Level

Its fixed.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire

snip image
    dumb question: would threnody increase the proc rate of this effect? if so, is there a way to make it effective? my guess is maybe and no, but i'm going more off instinct than knowledge.
    Status bolts are effected by elemental resist, like acid bolts with wind resist, however add effects on other weapons may not work that way. Can always give it a shot with dark threnody and see how it goes, I can't imagine curse would be any other elements?

Thou it makes me wonder, has anyone ever tried thunder threnody + headbutt on stuff that is not immune but resists the stun alot? I think proto-omega would be a good one to try it on...

And on that note, do nms build resist to threnody, or nin nuke resist downs?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Brutal Earring to TP with Mjollnir/Kraken:

Yes/No?

Yes: 5% more chance for triple damage to proc. Very detrimental to kraken.
    No: 5% less chance for triple damage to proc. Won't hinder kraken.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 426 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast