Closed Thread
Page 426 of 426 FirstFirst ... 376 416 424 425 426

Thread: Randomer Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/47111...own-haste.html

If you start from the first post and read down some, it's said that only stuff that gives higher than 6% haste doesnt follow 1% = 5/1024 rule. It's an old thread though so it may not have been updated i just use it as reference.

It's that way with a number of things. Item descriptions reports things in decimal, the game calculates things in powers of two, and usually SE are stingy bastards when making the conversion and short change you a few tenths of a percent, but occasionally they're generous--it varies item to item. Damage reduction gear, done in 256ths, usually rounds down, too. 1% is 2/256, 2% is 5, 4% is 10, 5% is 12, and so on, so you'd expect 10% to be 25 but d. ring (not sure about I.R. lance) is 26/256 just because they programmed it that way.

Edit: Another example (where they decided to be generous) is movement speed, where people report that the "12%" bonus from gaiters/wlegs/striders/etc. is actually 12.5% (which I haven't tested and I'm not sure how you'd test it with that precision, but I see no reason to doubt it). This is because the "real" bonus of those items is +1/8 or 2/16, or 4/32 or whatever power of two they use for movement. Of course, if they'd reported "+13%" on the item descriptions we'd be saying they were stingy lol, but the point is we'd still run at the same speed.

What's the easiest way to kill Ob? Couldn't find it using the search button

Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    What's the easiest way to kill Ob? Couldn't find it using the search button
    Bring a PUP or /PUP, use the appropriate maneuvers until it switches to mage or ranged form (your preference), then kill it. I've done mage whenever I've done it, but I've always had 5 ppl (or more), never lowmanned it.

My question, hopefully someone will see this soon. I can't find where Huge Hornet VIT is listed, anyone happen to know it? I know I've seen it reported, and I feel like I've asked before, too. Or wild rabbit, or tiny madragora if you're a sandy/windy person, but hornet is preferable since it's easier for me. Thanks.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So is there some kind of trick to getting the area specific casket rewards? I've leveled on a friends account MNK 8>12, SAM 8>12, BST 2>5, and then killed a shit ton of mobs as 75SMN in South Gustaburg and all this with "Mystery Boxes: Bastok" and still no Bronze Bullet Belt.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    So is there some kind of trick to getting the area specific casket rewards? I've leveled on a friends account MNK 8>12, SAM 8>12, BST 2>5, and then killed a shit ton of mobs as 75SMN in South Gustaburg and all this with "Mystery Boxes: Bastok" and still no Bronze Bullet Belt.
    In short, no. Besides waiting for a kupower, like you did, to get more locked boxes, the only way to increase your chances of getting the item you want it too kill shit faster. If you really want the belt, I would go on a higher level job and lay waste to everything in sight.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fred Gimyajan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Figured this'd be the best place to post it.

I'm working on dmg taken- builds for my RDM as well as an enmity+ build (looking into tanking things for fun in the future)... these builds are what I'm shooting for:

(Only listing gear I am considering, some stuff I own, some stuff I lack at the moment, aka: most of the HQ stuff)

Enmity:
    FFXIGEAR.com

Magic damage reduction:
    FFXIGEAR.com

Physical damage reduction:
    FFXIGEAR.com

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Those sets look pretty solid to me. A minor suggestion, you are maxing out -% magic damage taken, so it would be nice to get a Lamia Mantle+1 or another piece to replace -% magic damage taken pieces when you have a whm with ShellraV merited.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Didn't homam legs give MORE haste than advertised? I heard that somewhere
    It might have been from earlier testing, before I understood fast cast well. With updated info, it appears very likely that Homam Pants are 30/1024 haste, and 20/1024 fast cast. It's slightly difficult to test due to lack of available fastcast gear when using Homam Pants... but 30 and 20 made all of my tests work.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fred Gimyajan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darlantan View Post
    Those sets look pretty solid to me. A minor suggestion, you are maxing out -% magic damage taken, so it would be nice to get a Lamia Mantle+1 or another piece to replace -% magic damage taken pieces when you have a whm with ShellraV merited.
    Yeah I thought about that and will have no problem making the changes when I have a (ideally fully) merited shell 5 on.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If the stat conversions on wiki for magic accuracy to skill to base stats are correct, then Omega ring would be an awesome ring for BRD debuffs? Still keeping dual nereid for buffs though.

EDIT: I only ask because if it's not that great I'll go ahead and pick up my animator +1 instead for first ichor prize. I plan to level BRD in the near future.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Did we ever figure out if the M.Acc from BLM Cat2 merits applied outside of Magic Burst?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Did we ever figure out if the M.Acc from BLM Cat2 merits applied outside of Magic Burst?
    Not tested to my knowledge, but I think there was a thread where it was decided based on a careful analysis of the syntax of the description as well as that of the JP description and possibly the French and German descriptions that it most likely applies to all casts.

Plus it just feels like it does, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    Bring a PUP or /PUP, use the appropriate maneuvers until it switches to mage or ranged form (your preference), then kill it. I've done mage whenever I've done it, but I've always had 5 ppl (or more), never lowmanned it.
    Which is easier? the ranged mode, or the blm mode? Also, do pups ws (Magic Mortar, Armor piercer, etc) all go through utsusemi?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    Plus it just feels like it does, doesn't it?
    I never went past the first upgrade! Now I feel obligated to cap both.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    Which is easier? the ranged mode, or the blm mode? Also, do pups ws (Magic Mortar, Armor piercer, etc) all go through utsusemi?
    It depends on the WS. I am fairly certain you can absorb Ob's Armor Piercer with shadows, but his Magic Mortar will go through. I personally always did Sharpshot frame, because a Magic Mortar at low health could be troublesome.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Can you toss an elemental obi and/or gorget and reobtain it?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I don't believe you can.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Having Healing Magic skill increases the potency of BLU healing spells like Magic Fruit...

Sooo...
    Does having Dark Magic skill increase the potency of MP Drainkiss and Digest?
    (Like from Dark Arts and/or Dark Torque etc)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    I'm looking for any PUP experts out there.

Basic questions:
    1) How do resist rates on Tier 4 Nukes compare with a BLM on higher resist mobs (e.g. CoP Wyrms)
    2) I'm a bit confused as to if I were to deploy a puppet on a mob, what spell it chooses to cast first. There seems to be a specific order of importance. Can I predict or even set this?
    3) On 75 PUP, can you overload using 1 maneuver a minute?
    4) If any PUP has done the Diabolos solo I'd be interested in hearing specifics on that too.

Thanks
    Hmm, late reply to this, but whatever.

1) With Tranquilizer and at 2-3 ice maneuvers, its very easy to avoid resists. On a mob like Khim I consistently put out unresisted nukes when I went as PUP. The same applies to most HNMs, though Tiamat can cause issues as the puppet will not (or try not to) cast Blizzard IV or Fire IV, and stick to Aero/Water IV, hurting the over all damage.

2) A large portion of the spell it casts is determined by the head/frame combo along with what maneuvers are up. Ice maneuvers, using the BLM (Spiritreaver) head will force nukes, dark maneuvers will force either bio or Absorb-INT, Light maneuvers can be used to force Dia. Once the puppet drops under 75% MP or HP it will cast aspir/drain, assuming the mob can be aspired/drained, this cannot be stopped no matter what maneuvers you have up. There is more info about what maneuver forces what action on wiki, as well as KI/Alla (The only two really active PUP forums)

3) Short answer: Yes. Long answer: Yes, but not too often if you're smart. There are a variety of ways to reduce overload rates, but short of having the Kink (er, Kenkoken) you'll overload if you spam a maneuver too much reguardless of level. Easy ways to reduce overload rate are macro swapping AF hands + buffoon's collar, and stacking to the maneuver (That is to say, if you are using Wind maneuvers, stack AGI. INT for ice, CHR for light, etc. Dark have no known stat correspondance). IIRC, the breaking point is being 10 above the amount that the puppet has, but I'm not sure exactly. Again, pretty sure that can be found on KI or Alla. Another option, generally with the BLM or RDM puppet, is the use of the condensor, which will erase an active Water maneuver to prevent overload when you use another maneuver. Its normally used with the mage puppets because of the Mana Channeller (a MAB attachment) which benefits from Water maneuvers, so you can keep a consistently higher MAB without a third ice maneuver while still maintaining the ability to put up another ice maneuver without risking overload. Hmm, that sounds more complicated than it is. . . I'll explain that better if you need me to.

4) Soloing diabolos is all about knowing how to force Dia and keep a constant stream of nukes coming. That and knowing how to abuse DaD (Deactivate, Activate, Deploy). It comes down to abusing the fact that Diabolos cannot draw in pets, and puppet spells don't claim. You can spend the whole fight nuking from the top while putting up Dia between nuke rounds as possible, to stop Regen. Aspir WILL claim, so having a Scanner is essential (It will stop the puppet from casting Aspir). KI has a good thread outlining the details here:

http://killingifrit.com/forums/index...owtopic=177524

Hope that helps Kaeko