+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Death Note: Director's Cut (spoilers)

Any seen the two hour director's cut? I have a poorly translated version I got off Veoh and I can't help but feel I'm missing something that's getting lost in translation. >/

There's an alternate ending to the Death Note manga (supposedly) that has Light winning and Ryuk killing him with his Death Note at Light's request. Light ends up in the Shinigami realm and Ryuk tells Light he will feel every death he's ever written in the Death Note. I also remember something about how after that, Light will become a Shinigami but he won't remember anything etc. I can't verify how authentic any of this is, but if it's true, it brings me to my question.

It appears at the end of the Director's Cut, Ryuk is speaking to the nameless Shinigami that was searching for Ryuk in the very beginning. But, (again, poorly translated) I can't tell if he is speaking at him or to him. Now, if Ryuk is speaking to the nameless Shinigami, he calls the nameless Shinigami Light. And the nameless Shinigami heads down to the human world. The "camera" angles they have of the nameless Shinigami feel a lot like I'm watching Light walking around but I dunno.

So if anyone has a better translated version of the director's cut, can verify the authenticity/accuracy of the alternate manga ending or just wants to discuss this, go for it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Death Note: Director's Cut (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Luto
    Any seen the two hour director's cut? I have a poorly translated version I got off Veoh and I can't help but feel I'm missing something that's getting lost in translation. >/

There's an alternate ending to the Death Note manga (supposedly) that has Light winning and Ryuk killing him with his Death Note at Light's request. Light ends up in the Shinigami realm and Ryuk tells Light he will feel every death he's ever written in the Death Note. I also remember something about how after that, Light will become a Shinigami but he won't remember anything etc. I can't verify how authentic any of this is, but if it's true, it brings me to my question.

It appears at the end of the Director's Cut, Ryuk is speaking to the nameless Shinigami that was searching for Ryuk in the very beginning. But, (again, poorly translated) I can't tell if he is speaking at him or to him. Now, if Ryuk is speaking to the nameless Shinigami, he calls the nameless Shinigami Light. And the nameless Shinigami heads down to the human world. The "camera" angles they have of the nameless Shinigami feel a lot like I'm watching Light walking around but I dunno.

So if anyone has a better translated version of the director's cut, can verify the authenticity/accuracy of the alternate manga ending or just wants to discuss this, go for it.
    I was pretty sure the alternate manga ending was just a fan thing. I should grab the director's cut though, <3 Death Note

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Yeah, the whole ending with Light feeling everyones deaths was just fan made I believe..

If you're gonna get the director's cut, watch like the first 3 minutes, skip ahead to about 40min (added scene) skip ahead until the second part where Just as planned happens and then skip ahead to the last three minutes. Everything else is just rehashed.

kuro-hana released a sub of this a while back ;o

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

So is this just a cutup version of the anime, a summary with new animation, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    So is this just a cutup version of the anime, a summary with new animation, or what?
    95% summary 5% new animation

Pretty much, but the ending is actually decent. If you haven't watched the anime in awhile and/or like it enough to watch it again, it's definitely worth catching when you get the chance.

Otherwise, just skip through to see the new/extended scenes and call it a day.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Link prease? I wanna see the alternate ending. I just finished watching it today and it's so sad ; ; ; ;; ; ; ; ;; ; ; ;

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Heh Wafik you slacker! First Lost now Death Note? You better watch Cloverfield ASAP.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    Heh Wafik you slacker! First Lost now Death Note? You better watch Cloverfield ASAP.
    <_<

I never used to watch anything, now my friends are giving me all these awesome shows to watch :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Link prease? I wanna see the alternate ending. I just finished watching it today and it's so sad ; ; ; ;; ; ; ; ;; ; ; ;
    It's up on Veoh, they have links to torrents there.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly Not Luto
    Never been to Veoh and it kept making me download previews or some crap, can't you just link me to a torrent? or PM, etc.

Never been to Veoh and it kept making me download previews or some crap, can't you just link me to a torrent? or PM, etc.
    http://torrentscan.com/

Click BTJunkie, and search "death note director's cut" and click the one that says "[Kuro-Hana] Death Note - Director's Cut [XVID]"

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Knightblade
    http://torrentscan.com/

Click BTJunkie, and search "death note director's cut" and click the one that says "[Kuro-Hana] Death Note - Director's Cut [XVID]"
    <3 you

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Hm just watched it, this would be a nice introductory to someone who wants to see what death note is all about, and if they were intrigued by it, then they could watch the anime, although they'd know the major spoilers which sucks, what they wouldn't know are the fine details of the spoilers.

All in all I don't think it's worth the watch for anyone who's seen the series, the new scenes of the intro is another Shinigami speaking to Ryuk , and then Ryuk reminiscing. Another scene (with re-used vocals) at a graveyard. Meh meh, but it was nice to see Kira, Light, L, and Matsuda again (Matsuda is awesome!). You don't get to see the other characters at all , it's completely butchered out, no Mellos no Near, etc.

I thought it was going to show the supposed alt ending from the manga, where Light goes to the other world, ah well.

Uh that ending is superior in everyway because it doesn't touch Near-arc at all and ends the show after episode 25. Just the fact I don't need to see Mikami jerk off into a fucking Death Note and Near throwing darts at a dartboard to make his lucky guesses makes it win.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Screw that, I loved the near arc.

Banned.

BG Level

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

<_<

I never used to watch anything, now my friends are giving me all these awesome shows to watch
    Watched Death Note and Lost back to back? Must have been an awesome weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Luto
    Uh that ending is superior in everyway because it doesn't touch Near-arc at all and ends the show after episode 25. Just the fact I don't need to see Mikami jerk off into a fucking Death Note and Near throwing darts at a dartboard to make his lucky guesses makes it win.
    Near arc was butchered in the anime (they removed every 10min monologues that were showing how Light/Near were came to such conclusion), but either way, Near never took a guess like this.