BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Opinions for Job Adjustments

...the funniest part is the people who 'want this for a job' or 'want that' are absolutely convinced that somebody that says 'no not really, just play the fucking job' is getting in the way of them getting fixes. Like this thread is going to do anything.

Post date only matters because all of the forum regulars who have been here a long time realize the futility of such threads as this and how all it usually does is cause people to think their jobs are useless when, frankly, they aren't if they put some god damned effort into them.

assburgers
    BG Level

Not just the people with the really early join dates that realise such things.

It can be fun to take part in the silly speculation from time to time, but like you said, it's pointless.

A. Body
    BG Level

..and yet people with early join dates still engage in them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    Not just the people with the really early join dates that realise such things.

It can be fun to take part in the silly speculation from time to time, but like you said, it's pointless.
    Except this exact type of speculation feeds people's prejudices and makes people unwilling to even try certain jobs.

assburgers
    BG Level

It can, yes, until reigned in by reason, experience, and best of all, data.

Which I believe is why BGers stay BGers, you can find all three here regularly.

A. Body
    BG Level

You can only ride that train of logic before it crashes into the adamantium cow of reality. MNK may have 75% of the game easily in hand, but effort is not going to help it where it fails, it sure as hell didn't help PUP or SCH before the patch.

I think THF still needs some work. Perhaps a way to transfer the stolen enemy through trick attack. Perfect Dodge is one of, if not the shittiest 2HRs in the game and would be much more suited as a 5-20 minute job ability.

WHM too needs some work. They need more of an edge over RDM and now SCH. I think Benediction removing raise sickness is a GREAT idea.

I don't play RNG but I very rarely see them. That to me says something is wrong.

Ninja's 2HR is only good for a free ride home.

Blood tanking needs to be more viable and available on more jobs. 10,000 damage dealers and 2 real tanks.

WotG mobs suck and will never be used for XP at this point since they are way harder than similar levelled mobs in other expansion areas.

PROVE ME WRONG

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It can, yes, until reigned in by reason, experience, and best of all, data.

Which I believe is why BGers stay BGers, you can find all three here regularly.
    Not true. As somebody who has been the token DRK of BG forums through the bad times, there is a serious lack of reason with most of the people on BG forums when it has to do with using 'subpar jobs'. Over the past couple years, this has changed but for some reason this mindset pervades a lot of the people with the more recent join dates.

For fun, I'll address some issues here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q
    I think THF still needs some work. Perhaps a way to transfer the stolen enemy through trick attack. Perfect Dodge is one of, if not the shittiest 2HRs in the game and would be much more suited as a 5-20 minute job ability.
    Do not change to a lower recast ability. It is quite underpowered right now but it would be too powerful and reliable at a lower recast ability. Maybe increased attack and crit rate from behind during the duration, like they said they might do.

WHM too needs some work. They need more of an edge over RDM and now SCH. I think Benediction removing raise sickness is a GREAT idea.
    Such an idea I am unsure of. It would be extremely powerful and I haven't thought out all the potential abuses. You probably haven't either.

I don't play RNG but I very rarely see them. That to me says something is wrong.
    Wrong with the job, or the community?

Ninja's 2HR is only good for a free ride home.
    No doubt, it's a much worse EES.

Blood tanking needs to be more viable and available on more jobs. 10,000 damage dealers and 2 real tanks.
    Blood tanking works fine where blood tanking works fine on SAM, MNK, WAR, and BLU. Probably something else I'm forgetting too.

WotG mobs suck and will never be used for XP at this point since they are way harder than similar levelled mobs in other expansion areas.
    I just leveled my rdm through about 15 levels using WotG mobs, specifically Ladybugs+Colibris and Lynxes at a far faster rate than original areas. You just don't know about the camps.

PROVE ME WRONG
    Done

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

WotG has excellent pre 75 camps with mobs that are easier than their old world counterparts. Just don't expect to xp off of say gnats.

A. Body
    BG Level

You can't use someone who's unequivocally wrong to justify looking down on every differing opinion just because of their join date.

Replying to Maxxthepenguin.

Regarding THF 2HR:
    Do not change to a lower recast ability. It is quite underpowered right now but it would be too powerful and reliable at a lower recast ability. Maybe increased attack and crit rate from behind during the duration, like they said they might do.
    I don't know. I think 20 minutes would be a good compromise personally. Too long for constant abuse, but short enough to get you out of a tight spot when you need it.

I'd love to see that change to the 2HR but my concern is if a THF starts hitting a lot harder and it's significant enough then the mob turns and the boost is negated. It would also be fairly useless in any solo application.

On WHM Benediction removing raise sickness:
    Such an idea I am unsure of. It would be extremely powerful and I haven't thought out all the potential abuses. You probably haven't either.
    Honestly no. I'd love to see it though. The only real abuse I can see is in the HNM department where an LS can just rotate WHM's to crash wave upon wave of the recently deceased against the mob. Something like a Medicated-esqe status that prevents further Benedictions from removing sickness for a time could solve that problem.

In regards to WotG mobs:

What levels and was it group or solo or duo? I'd honestly like more of a reason to go there outside of campaign.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd love to see that change to the 2HR but my concern is if a THF starts hitting a lot harder and it's significant enough then the mob turns and the boost is negated.
    ...except for the fact that the mob is now attacking a THF with Perfect Dodge active, which is pretty close to the most desirable outcome for any group.

[quote=Spider-Dan]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Q":1ttob5zf
    I'd love to see that change to the 2HR but my concern is if a THF starts hitting a lot harder and it's significant enough then the mob turns and the boost is negated.
    ...except for the fact that the mob is now attacking a THF with Perfect Dodge active, which is pretty close to the most desirable outcome for any group.[/quote:1ttob5zf]

Good point.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What levels and was it group or solo or duo? I'd honestly like more of a reason to go there outside of campaign.
    It was a 5 person party, though a duo or trio is probably the best bet for a lot of the exp to be had in the past.

It was like 34-41 for the colibri/ladybugs and 41-45ish for lynxes.

Here's a thread on exp/merit locations:
    viewtopic.php?f=53&t=27115

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    You can't use someone who's unequivocally wrong to justify looking down on every differing opinion just because of their join date.
    Oh no, I don't look down on opinions because of join dates, the join date is noticed after I read the post. It was just a pattern I saw that I found pretty funny, so I decided to think up some bullshit to attach to the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Oh no, I don't look down on opinions because of join dates, the join date is noticed after I read the post. It was just a pattern I saw that I found pretty funny, so I decided to think up some truth to attach to the pattern.
    fixed kbye

its like you guys are trying to re-invent the wheel into a square with your jump-back-in-time analogies and/or common-goal-of-raping-shit endeavours.
    you should all quit ffxi anyway, it suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    screw job adjustments
    get your mental health adjusted
    ya im bored..(enough to read bg that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Oh no, I don't look down on opinions because of join dates, the join date is noticed after I read the post. It was just a pattern I saw that I found pretty funny, so I decided to think up some truth to attach to the pattern.
    fixed kbye
    How many times has he said bye or "I'm done posting" now?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    fixed kbye
    How many times has he said bye or "I'm done posting" now?
    You should have talked to him during months before he quit!

Just had to add: I am quite enjoying Retaliation, as it's the first direct buff I've gotten in my career as a Warrior, it combined with the 2h update has made me retardedly happy lately. Best part being that it doesn't seem terribly broken, and so won't be nerfed into oblivion.
    Seriously? Personally I keep wishing SE hadn't added the -movement effect on it and had just made it a job trait. For almost everything its benefits are so marginal that its annoying to have to recast it every 3 minutes.

Since it can only proc when you actually get hit its uses are limited to soloing weak crap or if for some odd reason you're bloodtanking something. In normal situations we're supposed to avoid getting hit, so optimally, it should never get a chance to proc. To me Retaliation is barely ahead of Zanshin, "another" job trait that optimally should never get a chance to proc.

Annoys the hell out of me that after the marginal use of our group 2 merits we get a new Job Ability that's so underwhelming. I'm not asking for something that would increase our damage output, but I did wish we got something that had an actual effect instead of something that I need to be constantly recasting yet only see proc 10 times tops per hour (hell, yesterday in dynamis I think I only saw it proc like 5 times). What's worse is that after getting Retaliation we're probably not seeing anything else but some more awesome Amoods in the next couple of years.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast