+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    fstfrk13

America before W.Bush and after W.Bush

found this cool chart that i thought i should share.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Re: America before W.Bush and after W.Bush

I'm so glad my savings account converts currency to Euros.

Not saying that I support Bush, cuz I sure as hell don't, 9/11 played a big role in making a lot of those numbers go down, and that was kind of out of his control, but I think it's already well known though that Bush fucked a lot of things up.

sad, but there's hope for the future...?

hopefully the next president, whoever they are, is (i hope) someone progressive and willing to listen to input from experts when solving problems or confronting issues rather than an ideological twit with no expertise in anything other than playing the culture war game for fundangelicals.

Here's to Nov. 2008! Whoever it is.

Demosthenes11

Hay guys the president is to blame for everything in this country
    GFDI BUSH

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Moosey
    Not saying that I support Bush, cuz I sure as hell don't, 9/11 played a big role in making a lot of those numbers go down, and that was kind of out of his control, but I think it's already well known though that Bush fucked a lot of things up.
    I doubt 9/11 put people in poverty or put the country in debt or did most of the things on that chart.

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    GFDI BUSH
    leave the poor puppet alone, he cant even say cheney's speeches properly

@ khamsin, ya it did, didnt you know? those were reeeeeeeeeally big explosions that demolished wtc

i mean plane? no not rly

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some of those are interesting but the majority of them are caused simply by inflation ...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kayos
    Some of those are interesting but the majority of them are caused simply by inflation ...
    Inflation caused by 9/11!

The moment those planes hit the towers, the price of gas skyrocketed and the value of our dollar sunk like a rock.

GFDI BUSH
    One of my favorite sayings from Clinton(bill) when he was president and speaking to a college on Aids (back when he was really pushing for alot of research/money/cure), was when an AIDS victim started screaming at him saying he had broken his promise of putting everything into finding a cure and helping those americans who suffered. His response, when the crowd shunned the guy was:

"no no, its ok. One of the jobs of being president is I have to be the lightning rod. No matter what happens, what policies get passed, I am the one responsible, I am the leader. One of my greatest regrets is that even with as much as we have put into this research, we will not be able to save everyone".

Paraphrasing ofcourse, but that speech is one of the reasons Clinton resounds as an excellent president.

Everyone here knows that all the problems of the US are not directly linked to Bush, but the resultant economy and state of our union IS an effect of his policies over the last 8 years. As leader you take responsiblity for the things that happen to what your leading, the hat can be passed to no one else. A saying in the army is "you can delegate tasks, but not responsibility".

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

i miss willy

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Some are caused by inflation and others are just because of the use of resources over time, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark
    GFDI BUSH
    leave the poor puppet alone, he cant even say cheney's speeches properly
    But Bush is the decider!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

American law should be changed so you can re-elect clinton (but nobody else). He was heavily pushing a middle east peace plan, all the time, it was great, and then Bush ruined all of clinton's hard work overnight.

Demosthenes11

I think what people fail to realize here is that nothing will/would have changed unless about 50-100 people are different in washington. Difference between Clinton and Bush is a lot smaller than you think because presidents have oh too little power
    Imo we can blame the fed 100x more than Bush for our current set of economic problems (except huge debt) because I really find fiscal policy to be placebo

Difference between Clinton and Bush is a lot smaller than you think because presidents have oh too little power
    I really doubt that the democrats would have trampled all over the 4th amendment like Cheney and his cabal have.

Demanding retroactive immunity for illegal acts by telecommunications companies is ridiculous. Pardoning fall-guys who are convicted of lying under oath is crazy. Deliberately misleading a whole country to precipitate a full-scale war?

I think what people fail to realize here is that nothing will/would have changed unless about 50-100 people are different in washington. Difference between Clinton and Bush is a lot smaller than you think because presidents have oh too little power
    Imo we can blame the fed 100x more than Bush for our current set of economic problems (except huge debt) because I really find fiscal policy to be placebo
    True enough, but presidents hire/fire lots of people to mold their administration around them, the whole Gonzalez fiasco comes to mind. Remember this is the president who tried to put Harriet Miers on the supreme court.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

2001 = After the .com boom.
    2007 = Major outsourcing of a fuckload of jobs as a result of the .com boom and technology.

I'd love to see some facts that those aren't significant players in most of these stats.

While I certainly don't support much of what Bush has said/done over the last two terms, the entire world has changed drastically and not as a result of who the american president is/was.

We won't see the true results of Bush's presidency until after almost a decade after the man is out of office. A lot of people still don't understand that.

A lot of blame isn't entirely bush's fault, a lot of it is because of his (beloved) predecessor. However, there is plenty more blame to go around.

You should pick up Glenn Beck's An Inconvenient Book, there's a lot of chapters dedicated to this, and it's actually quite a good read.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Bush fucked up a lot though. He handled Hurricane Katrina pretty bad. You'd think he would have learned after 9/11 but the dude is pretty fucking 'lol' when the country.. no the people need him most. He wants to fight all these wars outside the country yet casually hand picks the ones in his own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast