Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

how do you tell your LS they fail at merit parties?

without getting yourself kicked from LS if they dont like it?

*edit*
    tifalockharttt and her husband.....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Re: how do you tell your LS they fail at merit parties?

Don't be in a shitty LS?

Quote Originally Posted by skurlover
    Don't be in a shitty LS?

quoted because i can..

aside from that the LS isn't all that bad do great in sky, but doesn't do ground or sea stuff.
    if i could find a better LS that wanted me i would go.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Like this

/l You guys fucking suck and I'm not meriting with you anymore, if you don't like it, you can pay me hourly, cockbags.

Then kick a chair, and storm out.

i did that in a nicer way... i really need to stop being nice.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Tell em you think that the xp/hour is low and you'd like to try to find a party with a different set up?

Or... advise them on ways they could improve. Nubs/newbs remain nubs/newbs until someone helps em out.

Or bitch then leave.

Banned.

BG Level

You could always do what a certain friend of mine does and get a sack, then break the pearl of every shitty player without warning.

Just pay attention to what they're doing wrong, and offer constructive criticism. If that doesn't work, politely explain to them that you no longer desire to merit with them.

If they get pissy with you, and/or remove you from their linkshell, well, good riddance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ah the life of a BRD... :3
    Constructive criticism is good, I mean, merit parties aren't rocket science.

Spin around mobs so you can let autotarget do its work, switch targets fast, and don't be an idiot while you gear.
    Some people are just happy being gimp though, I've ran into people who had a job at 75 for over a year, but didn't use macro swaps, nor were they intending to. Give advice where possible, try to be nice, but if they get stubborn on you, and don't convert to the church of 5-figure-xp/hr-or-bust, yeah well. Go cap your merits with real parties, and use that as an excuse until they show improvement. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Nenlear
    without getting yourself kicked from LS if they dont like it?

*edit*

lol....

Seriously, tell them they suck without being nice. Just give it to them straight. They're in JLF right?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

lolololol just blacklist "her"

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Just don't merit with them. Though then again I did eventually get kicked from that LS...hmm...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol... Are you saying you yourself sucks then?

Banned.

BG Level

Someone link to this thread on his LS's site.

$100 says he sucks at least as badly as his LS does.

wait did you guys just say i sucked? hardly. i may not have the best gear available for bard just yet but im working at it, and busting my ass in a merit party to get crappy numbers returned doesn't mean i myself fail.

i've been in plenty of pickup merit parties that do better than this with both hands tied behind thier back. and if you ask anyone who has merited with me i have probably a 7/10 skill wise on my job. this by no means says i am perfect, i make mistakes but i do try and correct them when i notice. so please lets not start some sort of drama/flame/lolhate thread yeah?

all i wanted was a honest answer on how to approach a situation. and i would kindly ask that we kept on topic please.

Just make your own parties, you're a damn bard. When you make it avoid the people you don't want to party with. Not like this thread matters anyways because I'm sure you're probably already out considering...

aside from that the LS isn't all that bad do great in sky, but doesn't do ground or sea stuff.
    if i could find a better LS that wanted me i would go.
    I'd break your pearl after seeing that. Didn't really think this all through very well did you. >.>

I had this problem, when I merited with my old social linkshell (NOT my current one), people would guilt me and I'd end up in a 5k-7k an hour merit party. After meriting with an Apoc DRK, and me myself meriting on NIN before I had bard leveled, I learned to just not exp when they would. I would merit really late night, or just seek and not tell them I'm going to merit. I've had my 28k an hour parties, I prefer to be brd/nin and pull, rather than the bard/whm support. A good bard should be able to pull 10k an hour with very little effort. If you feel bad about not wanting to merit with them, just avoid it completely, level another job, or just don't merit.

As a bard, you can merit for a few days and have your bard merits pretty much capped. Then the situation takes care of itself.

how do you tell your LS they fail at merit parties? without getting yourself kicked from LS if they dont like it?
    Drop your pearl before you get kicked.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If your LS makes shitty merit parties, don't merit with them. My last LS couldn't break 15k/hr for their lives, so I'd just /tell my friends, fill the empty slots with pickups/the better LS members, and head off to camp.

Or, you can LFG and be a total elitist prick about it. That tends to work too.