Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

LS Database System (page2 - overall discussion)

After long time ( sorry for this ), finally i finish rewrite all LS Database System for phpBB3 board.

The major update are:
    1 Rewrite all project for phpBB3
    2 Now you register more than 1 Character lvl 75 ( no mule ) for a max of 3
    3 Some new Reports

My forum project is this:
    http://www.reaulece.netsons.org/phpBB3/

For enter in the demostration there is a test user, no need any registration.
    All information are on the forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to all, i'm Reaulece from Bahamut :D

After a lot of work i have make LS Database System for help all Sack in their task.
    It is make on PHP and work for who use phpBB on MySQL.

It have many features but the most important are:
    1 that is connect directly to the forum ( you can use you user / pass of the forum for enter in the database )
    2 a Whish List system for all the Events ( dynamis, sky, ... )

My forum project is this:
    http://www.reaulece.netsons.org/forum/ (no more work)

Inside you will find more info and a full DEMO for who want see it.

Edit

After request it is possible now see the DEMO without the registration on the forum.
    However this user cannot see the Admin Menu.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Re: LS Database System

Do you have a supplied test account or are you phishing for info?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hmm...a demo eh..

Before clicking the link, and just from the sounds of it (kinda sounds like one of the oldest ways to steal someone's account..)

Does it involve:

A. An active POL ID.
    B Entering person info minus CC number.
    C. "Auto-save" feature.

If it involves a POL ID of some sorts, unless you're trying to steal accounts, you have to supply a test account for people to demo it, or else...well..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Why don't you actually click the link Just make up character info to poke around in it (Name/Jobs/Levels/Missions/etc.).

Looks like a good start; I'd want a summary of the wish list when I pick a character instead of having to dig around in each individual event.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnashin
    Hmm...a demo eh..

Before clicking the link, and just from the sounds of it (kinda sounds like one of the oldest ways to steal someone's account..)

Does it involve:

A. An active POL ID.
    B Entering person info minus CC number.
    C. "Auto-save" feature.

If it involves a POL ID of some sorts, unless you're trying to steal accounts, you have to supply a test account for people to demo it, or else...well..
    mmmm absolutly nope.
    This is a serius project. I dont ask any POL account and info and as i said the database is only link to the User of the forum.
    This mean that you use same user name / password of the forum for enter in my database.

Reaulece

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tobatobu
    Do you have a supplied test account or are you phishing for info?
    I put some forum part visible for no members.
    However for see all and use the DEMO you need to register sorry.
    If you no like use your real data you can insert /random data on it.

The forum is still "on make", so if you like have more info or you have comment just tell me

Reaulece

Banned.

BG Level

How does this help anyone?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krye
    How does this help anyone?
    I see that in some LS the Sack want keep track of what the member want.
    This is one of the thing that my database have but it have many other.

Here some example that help for
    - Look who is in the same mission of me for make it
    - Look who in LS have some lvl craft
    - The Sack can manage better the events looking what the member want more. If many ask for a "Tatami Shield" they can set a specific event for it

I think this really can help Sack :D

Old Merits
    BG Level

I don´t think it is too bad. It actually looks pretty good and could be helpfull for many Linkshells out there.
    Just because some people don´t think its helpfull (Kyre for example) it does not mean it can´t be helpfull for others.
    If you would have actually looked at it, you would have seen it has potential for many many linkshells, because
    not every LS has a good working system.

I like it, you put a lot of work into it and it is probably better then what other Linkshells use so far . If something drops, and as long as people put those Items into their Wish list, sackholders can easily see and decide who can lot. (of course if Member A puts the Item as "High" needed, it does not mean he automatically gets priority).

Haters and flamers are probably better getting their head out of the Internet and program something in their eyes usefull.
    He is offering his work to help others too. If you don´t need it, maybe shhhhh. If you need it and have good feedback, post it, report it so it can become better.

Anyway how can other people use this?

Ashira

Bercus, you know better. Reason and logic and placating attitudes have no place here!

That being said, while it may not be the system for everyone, it certainly seems that, especially for newer LSes or those limited to only specific endgame (I only say that because often shells do different priority systems for different areas), that it's very workable. And he asked for suggestions.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I'll throw my 2 yen in here...

A) Your link does not work for me, dead end.

B) The idea is good, I'd actually like to see it before really commenting on it.

C) Our shell is old by FFXI standards, originally Formed in 2004 when Sky was it for end-game. Since that time, we made drop tables for Earth, Sky & Sea. Each item was put down, listed by mob and then a lot order by jobs was established. Now, that we are relatively "old", most people know what they can or cannot lot... in addition to most people having what they want/need. We do a main-job and secondary-job lotting rule with it being possible to change your main job after a certain time period. (i.e. N.Body drops the day after you swtich to WHM Main from THF {That's too bad}). Well anyway, it is not of course the best, but we don't really need a large tracking system... as I would believe most older shells may not either.

D) That all said, newer players and shells may find this useful.... someone else wrote something similar, but it never got off the ground.

In the end, I'd love to be intergrate some things into our forums that deal more directly with the game. Building something from the ground up is a bit much too tedious for me. WoW has a lot of stuff out there that you can intergrate into a forums system... Anything for XI (such as your app) has be built from scratch.

I'll check back when the link is working.

-AA

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aangeliceus
    I'll throw my 2 yen in here...

A) Your link does not work for me, dead end.

B) The idea is good, I'd actually like to see it before really commenting on it.

C) Our shell is old by FFXI standards, originally Formed in 2004 when Sky was it for end-game. Since that time, we made drop tables for Earth, Sky & Sea. Each item was put down, listed by mob and then a lot order by jobs was established. Now, that we are relatively "old", most people know what they can or cannot lot... in addition to most people having what they want/need. We do a main-job and secondary-job lotting rule with it being possible to change your main job after a certain time period. (i.e. N.Body drops the day after you swtich to WHM Main from THF {That's too bad}). Well anyway, it is not of course the best, but we don't really need a large tracking system... as I would believe most older shells may not either.

D) That all said, newer players and shells may find this useful.... someone else wrote something similar, but it never got off the ground.

In the end, I'd love to be intergrate some things into our forums that deal more directly with the game. Building something from the ground up is a bit much too tedious for me. WoW has a lot of stuff out there that you can intergrate into a forums system... Anything for XI (such as your app) has be built from scratch.

I'll check back when the link is working.

-AA
    mmm for me the forum site is up -.-
    If you still have problems to conncect tell me pls

Reaulece

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Thank You, your mod offers several interesting features that I find useful. Does your system keep track of drops receieved in some sort of history format?

Since the mod is still in the works, do you have any plans on making it for phpBB3, since it is now released?

Are we still signing our names at the bottom of each post?

-Neosutra

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Seems like a good idea; good work. You don't need to have Krye's seal of approbation for anything anyway.

P.S.: Probably gonna get a 30mins ban or something again but this is so funny

-Mytiwar

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tobatobu
    Thank You, your mod offers several interesting features that I find useful. Does your system keep track of drops receieved in some sort of history format?

Since the mod is still in the works, do you have any plans on making it for phpBB3, since it is now released?
    Yea i'm working now for "convert" for phpbb 3 but it will need some time

Items for now must be select from user "i have it", there is no history.
    My next step ( if have some success ) it to add attendance system where will be save items drop too.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I can vouch for Reaulece. He was a member of CetraSanctuary on Bahamut, and it was with our LS that this thing was originally implemented.

The thing is awesome tbh. At least I loved it, pretty sure our sacks did too. Only issue I can remember, is making sure all the info stays up to date. Maybe an automaded reminder for the users to update the info regularly?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Reaulece_Bahamut

mmm for me the forum site is up -.-
    If you still have problems to conncect tell me pls

Reaulece
    Hi Again...

I checked the link a few minutes ago when I got to work and it was working for me this time. My home ISP could have been acting stupid last night....

Anyway, the most interesting part for me is the "I have it" option. Sure, I like the "I need this..." too, but the "have it" would be a great gauge to see how our members stand in a global sense.

I think the general design is good, the images for me were a bit much - I would prefer to have just a text based description. I'm sure it took a lot of work to index everything and get it looking nice.

The major summary changes I would suggest: (my opinion only)

- My Summary Page: Make it just a text summary of the item and status, drop the pictures. (I guess you used same template, but just just changed the right panel output.)

- Profile Page: Maybe change it to pull the player data from SE (Example), similar to how FFXIAH does it. That is just duplicate work, that some people would never bother with unless we forced them to. However, I understand that you have your "LS Status" (and other) queries tied to the data that comes from the profile page... so I can see your point
    there.

- What is the source for the images of the BLM? (Entrance page to database and avatar on left panel) Is this user supplied or copied from the forum database?

Lastly, we use vBulletin, but this project seems pretty straight forward to integrate into any major BBS/Forum package.

That's all I have for now, need more coffee... mornings suck.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was one of the sacks of Cetra, and I used this DB Rea made.

It's a really nice tool, allowing sacks to check mob by mob, event by event, what people want.
    The admins have a total control of the DB, so you can update the wish lists as much as you want, ie delete someone who got a drop, etc...

All you need is members logging here and there, updating their info, and you're set.

For LS with a point system, it might be a good idea to add the feature I guess Rea, with the amount of points being displayed next to the name by instance.

Very nice tool, made by a skilled guy.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well made bro.

I made a similar system (some things really look like you spied at me) based on postnuke for my Linkshell, a bit more complex.

Just a few things I made extra:
    - Items have job prioritys as for example PLDs get Bonus on Martial Abj. Body before WARs.
    - Wishlist is directly tied to points system to see who is up for which item and who has highest points + bonus on an item.
    - Possibility to add multible characters and add own wishlist for each character.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast