Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Fastest way to solo use 1000 bst seals?

Title says it all. Wanna use tons of bst seals without getting other players, have smn,rdm,blm to use..any advice for a solo bcnm?

Re: Fastest way to solo use 1000 bst seals?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The 50 seal mimic BCNM is the best thing to 'solo'. You'll lose from time to time (think my friend is 2/5 on it) and lose xp (if you enter on a job over level 5) but if you want to burn 1,000 seals you'd have 20 tries so you have a good shot at a sorc ring or a minstrel ring. You'd do better getting a UO or UIA static or doing the BCNM60's for torques if you're looking to actually make gil.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I tossed about 8 stacks at this BCNM a couple of years ago, came out with about 150k total..

Hate.

As people have said, except, I would choose to go as SMN/BLM. Set your HP in Port Jeuno. If you open the wrong chest, let carby fight the treasure chest for you, while you warp out. That way you don't lose exp, and you're right back at the guy to get your next orb!

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

toss all ur seals and do merc runs for carby mitts NM and solo it

or save em and go lottery style for k club bc with a static, it's impossible to lose that thing with blm blm rdm

most bcnms are absolutely crap now, so i figure why not go for the biggest possible rewards since u might end up with 150k and a frown

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Title says it all. Wanna use tons of bst seals without getting other players, have smn,rdm,blm to use..any advice for a solo bcnm?

The only one mentioned comes to my mind.

But the KC bc is only a trio BC, and with RDM you can duo it... I'd choose that over Trials or whatever, I think I used two orbs on that and lost twice and said fuck it.

EDIT: Damn Roark, stealing my thoughtz. :/

New Merits
    BG Level

Eh... I can't imagine making the hike to a BC without at least a guaranteed crate.

It's not too hard to organize 2-3 people for Up in Arms, guaranteed ~60k.

Torque BCs are more consistent but definitely time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren
    Eh... I can't imagine making the hike to a BC without at least a guaranteed crate.

It's not too hard to organize 2-3 people for Up in Arms, guaranteed ~60k.

Torque BCs are more consistent but definitely time consuming.
    what he said. if i were going to grind out THAT many, i'd do a good chunk of them in kclub. you can easily cycle back there after finishing an orb and i'm sure your friends would like a small chunk of a club for almost no work in the bc and some easy time to read on a weekend while you come back. torque bcs you're going to spend all day to do a couple runs just getting back to sacrificial chamber if you do that, and the others aren't much prettier iirc.

RDM/BLM: http://www.stage6.com/user/chikei/video ... Up-in-Arms
    RDM/NIN: http://www.stage6.com/user/shantoto/vid ... Up-in-Arms (didn't watch this one)

Prolly gets boring after a while, but at least this way you don't have to bug people every time ;/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by stinkypoo
    RDM/NIN: http://www.stage6.com/user/shantoto/vid ... Up-in-Arms (didn't watch this one)

Prolly gets boring after a while, but at least this way you don't have to bug people every time ;/
    I cant get the required plug to watch this, BC60 Up In Arms. Whats the general strat?

I cant get the required plug to watch this, BC60 Up In Arms. Whats the general strat?
    This guy also just completed his morrigan head piece.

Banned.

BG Level

Goes in with some food, Full AF (area of oppurtunity), guy has a nice macro layout, anyway.

Enter, SSkin, Refresh, ESeal Bind, Poison2, ElementalDebuffs, Nuke (ThunderII), Gravity, CSpell, Thunder2 rain of doom, think he binds the thing once, more thunders, Convert, Drain (still in chainspell mode), Mob HP 65% aprox., DoT kite from there, and Drain his HP back, Poison2, Bio2, then stopped watching because I'm still at work but mob was at about 25%.

Video lenght 14:30 minutes.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Pretty much the same from the /NIN video (obviously w/o /BLM stuffs), was interesting to see that CS-Thunder2 did all of about 25% tops to the Kraken. The rest was occasional Thunder2 and Bio2/Poison2. He did sleep it once at about 25% to rest MP.

Tons of meds....Wish I knew what they all were but I couldn't tell most of the time. The /NIN version took something like 16:30, I'm sure much longer since no /BLM debuffs.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Up in Arms caps at 15min, both videos get it down to less than 40sec before time out.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've soloed it a few times, with only one fail due to a slip-up and me allowing both bind and gravity to wear at the same time, getting jumpy and interrupting grav. cast. Chainspell thunder2 until I'm out of mp, convert and drain the rest of the way usually gets Fe'e down to about 50-45%, then it's just dot'ing, and bind/kiting with a few nukes thrown in as MP allows (same strat as Chikei, though I need meds to keep my MP up [elvaan]).

I've needed to eseal a sleep when ES is back up, as gravity and bind are getting kinda resistant by then. Convert's not far behind at that point, so rest a bit, reapply grav/bind when it wakes, nuke, convert, and resume. At that point it only takes a few nukes more to win, my wins so far have been just shy of 14 minutes. Not too hard if you're attentive and don't get panicky.

Wouldn't Drain do a ton more damage over the coarse of chainspell than thunder 2? 21mp for 150 damage > 86mp for 300 damage(making up the numbers, can't remember how effective these spells are at 60).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starblaster
    Wouldn't Drain do a ton more damage over the coarse of chainspell than thunder 2? 21mp for 150 damage > 86mp for 300 damage(making up the numbers, can't remember how effective these spells are at 60).
    Doing Drain the whole duration of Chainspell wouldn't run your MP enough, effectively wasting possible Chainspell damage. On the flipside, Thunder II the whole time would run your MP too fast, giving you some time left on Chainspell after finishing the nukes. Thunder II followed by Drain on the other side of Convert actually seems like a pretty smart way of doing things.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

oh man, i might have to get rdm up to 60 then... i have over 1200 BS from a lot of soloing, and have basically stopped trying to guess the right chest in T & T.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Threw 500 seals at Treasures and Tribulations a while back, went 0/10 on picking right crate -.- I suck... Only died twice i think trying to warp. Went on WHM for RR so minimal exp loss. Now I need spam PCC for a bit to try pay for my Marduk's Body and am low on seals /hate stupid Mimic BC. Had better luck on PCC... 2/8 on my Orbs getting a PCC.