+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

John edwards dropped out of the race!

Re: John edwards dropped out of the race!

I guess this saves me from wasting my primary vote.

Of course, any vote in this country is wasted.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

He should have waited till after super Tuesday then he could have bought the VP spot with his candidates.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Guiliani hasn't yet? why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    He is today also.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

He's waiting to be thrashed on Super Tuesday. I'm quite sure that he doesn't want to be viewed as giving up while there's still the slightest chance of winning.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Was just on DailyKos reading through the many diaries about this..

Truly a sad day.. Edwards was my pick for the past two years and I'm still voting for him in the primary, even if I have to write his name on the ballot. As far as the nomination goes though, I'm hoping Obama stops trading childish barbs with Hillary and just plain beats her so I can actually say I voted for a Democrat in the general election. If that opportunistic, fake, selfish bitch gets the nod I'm voting for the Green Party again.

I changed my registration to Democrat just to vote against her in the Primary lol.

Xavier

I don't believe John Edwards wants to be Vice President. Even after Kerry selected him back in 2004, Edwards never stopped running for President. Edwards was in a really good position to play "King-maker" though, since he was sure to have a respectable number of delegates and I don't believe Clinton or Obama would of had a clear majority by the convention.

If I was in his position, I would've used my leverage to get a cabinet position, Secretary of State, etc, which seem like far better jobs than Vice President.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

He will end up endorsing Obama, because sources close to Obama have said if he is president he will put Edwards in the Attorney General (I am 99% sure this is where he said) spot, which pretty much guarantees Obama a large amount of votes from the union leaders.

It's not a bad idea- Edwards is a good man, even if he's not going to be a good President at this point. The nation could do much worse having Edwards as AG...and it's not like he doesn't have the experience in doing so.

Part of being a good leader is knowing who to trust to fill your weak spots. He'd be a fine VP as well- Edwards knows how to attack from the high ground, which would be a refreshing change from Chaney's tactics.

Been one of my quandaries on the whole thing- I liked all three of the top candidates, I still do on a personal level, and all of them had compelling reasons to be the one to lead the country. Whatever works out, I think all three of them will end up a part of the administration of the next President....it's just where that's up in the air.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Edwards is a good guy, but he can't compete with Clinton and Obama sadly.

Demosthenes11

Good men con people out of money with their law degree amirite?

Which way do you think the former edwards supporters will go in the primaries now? I'm kinda hoping this will be a big swing in Obama's favor but I never was an Edwards fan.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

From an Issues point I think he's closer to Hilary

Quote Originally Posted by riddaraan
    He is today also.
    Just confirming:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080130/pl_ ... kWwzoE1vAI

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Good men con people out of money with their law degree amirite?
    That's a really callous statement, considering that Edwards used his law degree to help regular people fight against negligent corporations..

Demosthenes11

read about those cases
    What you read...will shock you...

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I seriously don't understand all the hate on Hilary. We had a good discussion in my Women's Studies class about the whole issue and it really made alot of sense. My teach (an Jeopardy Champion [won multiple shows and invited back]) Kait Waits led it beautifully, discussing it so well with such clarity she persuaded me and every other guy in the room. It is extremely true... and I'll just repeat the highlights of the discussion here:

For one, speculating who the votes will go to based on Issues is a little foolish, they are so similar on almost everything it's not even funny. Another reason Hilary is usually pooped on by the public is because she isn't what in general we are socialized to expect from women.

She cries, she's an emotional woman trying to sap attention. A man cries? He's passionate for his country!

She doesn't shut up when someone interrupts her, she's a bitch and rude. A man doesn't shut up when someone interrupts him, he's confident and commanding, socially powerful.

Quite honestly, Hilary is without a doubt the smartest candidate. She was the top of her class at Yale and by accounts it was by a large margin. For example, she'd correct professors constantly and question things they had been teaching from day one with good purpose. Students say within the first two weeks of classes she'd made it obvious she'd be the top and that people would simply have to fight for the number two spot. All that being said, she's been smart her entire life. As a result, she's grown accustomed to not listening to people when they speak, rightfully so because, why should she bother when she's already considered what they're saying at that very moment. This leads to her unique personality which we, as a populus frown upon because it isn't what we expect of a woman.

Sit back and think about it for a second. If Hilary was a man would she get the unnecessary crap about her skirts or her legs being crossed? Would she have to act tough to solidify her place in the candidacy if she wasn't constantly singled out and treated differently? It's funny how we can conveniently ignore such facts. Watch for these kinds of things next time you're watching a debate or situation where she is interacting with others, it isn't hidden, it's obvious.

[/end discussion]

That all being said she mentioned how she would still be voting for Obama in the primary, which I found interesting. She believe Hilary lacks one thing, character, which separates good presidents from bad presidents. For example, being able to defuse situations with humor is something Hilary lacks, she isn't as socially graceful as other candidates might be.

Demosthenes11

^

I'd vote for Carrot Top before I voted for Hilary. Not because im OMG SEXIST, but because im OMG FAKEIST

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast