Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Compromised Account Restoration

yonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news12495.shtml

Recently, it has come to Square Enix's attention that an unfortunate number of players have lost access to accounts due to their becoming compromised by a third party. As such, we have devised a process that will allow these players to regain access to their accounts.

Effective immediately, the PlayOnline Information Center will begin assisting those customers who have lost access to an account due to it being compromised. Through identity confirmation, the PlayOnline Information Center will be returning account access to the original registrant. This process is currently going into effect to help restore account access to the original registrant as quickly as possible. Once access has been regained, the customer will then be able to seek reimbursement for lost items per our current item restoration policy.

Please contact the PlayOnline Information Center immediately should you find you have lost access to an account. We cannot guarantee we can assist everyone in these cases, but we will attempt to restore account access when possible. Additionally, by contacting us as soon as possible, it will allow us to take action to limit changes to the account, and help restore access to the original registrant as quickly as possible.

Re: Compromised Account Restoration

don't take SE for

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Four years late?

Vuitton

Isn't the current item restoration policy for 1 item only?

Jeny from the 'Rok
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Already updated my stickied post with this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton
    Isn't the current item restoration policy for 1 item only?
    same question
    god i hope they manage to not fuck this up

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How will they prevent people from selling their accts, keeping the reg codes, and getting the acct back just to sell it again? Also, is there like a statute of limitations or something? IE Let's say someone bought an acct like 2 years ago, will the other person be able to get it back if he still has the info and stuff?

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    How will they prevent people from selling their accts, keeping the reg codes, and getting the acct back just to sell it again? Also, is there like a statute of limitations or something? IE Let's say someone bought an acct like 2 years ago, will the other person be able to get it back if he still has the info and stuff?
    I'd say that would be the perfect "FUCK YOU" to the morons that spend real green on pixels. If that risk is there, maybe they'll stop getting banned or whatever other justification they use.

AkashiXI

How will they prevent people from selling their accts, keeping the reg codes, and getting the acct back just to sell it again?
    Hopefully they can't prevent it, and therefore nobody will be stupid enough to buy accounts (and if they do, said stupid will get his money taken away along with the account he just bought). It's a win-win situation.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AkashiXI
    How will they prevent people from selling their accts, keeping the reg codes, and getting the acct back just to sell it again?
    Hopefully they can't prevent it, and therefore nobody will be stupid enough to buy accounts (and if they do, said stupid will get his money taken away along with the account he just bought). It's a win-win situation.
    I think this is the correct answer, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by AkashiXI
    If they can't prevent it, I've a feeling there'll be some pretty funny topics starting soon.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

People shouldn't be selling their accounts off as it is. If a buyer gets hosed out of this then that's their own damn problem. SE never supported the whole idea of RMT so anyone who sells their account and has just such a thing happen to them is SoL.

A friend of mine who lost his account about 6 months ago to shit like this is going to contact them today in the hopes he can get his charcter back. I'm wishing him the best of luck.

I'd say that would be the perfect "FUCK YOU" to the morons that spend real green on pixels. If that risk is there, maybe they'll stop getting banned or whatever other justification they use.
    Yeah I'm going to go with this answer as well.

Will also be interesting to see how SE goes about restoring lost items, I can see this as being a very easy thing to manipulate.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I asked my freind about that. He said he could care less about all the items. It's the jobs/merits he pumped into that character which hurt the most.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon
    Will also be interesting to see how SE goes about restoring lost items, I can see this as being a very easy thing to manipulate.
    Whoever hacked my accounted dropped my Aegis, Defending Ring, Ridill, Apocalypse, and stole 999,999,998 gil. Can you restore this for me SE?

If they keep the kinds of character logging records that would allow it they could just roll back the character data to before the account was compromised.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by EssEnnKay
    I asked my freind about that. He said he could care less about all the items. It's the jobs/merits he pumped into that character which hurt the most.

I think it depends a bit on how hard people get hit by this. In my case it was just 2-3 mil. But imagine people losing a relic weapon or saved up coins almost had their 10k coin for their final upgrade and now it's all gone. Or they lose items that they never can get again like i.e. Bibiki Seashell or the ToAU rings. At least they should reset those kinds of quests so that people can quest those items again if they can't be restored. Maybe add an NPC that will allow you to buy rare/ex items for maybe 50k that you owned at one point.

Yes, but let's say we were shady characters, and wanted to take advantage of this: :bagel:

Me: Here take my login info and sell all my shit worth selling and transfer it over to a mule character. Then when I get my account, and items recovered, we can "split the profits" so to speak.

This happens and I go to SE and ask for my items to be restored. I get all my stuff back, and split the money from the stuff you "stole" from my character.

SE would have to roll back multiple characters and investigate the transactions between each one. I have no clue how easy or hard this is for them to do really.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by The Q
    If they keep the kinds of character logging records that would allow it they could just roll back the character data to before the account was compromised.
    Seems simple but I dont think it is. SE wants to know what zone you were in, what time, which way the wind was blowing, and current temperature. And that's before they tell you "I'm sorry, but we need more information."

If it destroys account buying, the lulz will be epic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast