Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Re: 2008 NFL Superbowl: New York Giants vs. New England Patriots

Pats win and cover...

...and I think the Steelers of old were a better team. Not saying those steelers in their prime could beat these patriots, because the schemes and technology benefits the pats much more. But 4 SB in 6 years, and in one of the 2 down years, they lost in the AFC championship to a very very good Oakland team. Then there's like, the 15 or so Hall of Famers from that team.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Pats win and cover...

...and I think the Steelers of old were a better team. Not saying those steelers in their prime could beat these patriots, because the schemes and technology benefits the pats much more. But 4 SB in 6 years, and in one of the 2 down years, they lost in the AFC championship to a very very good Oakland team. Then there's like, the 15 or so Hall of Famers from that team.
    no i agree lol, i dont they they are the best ever either. Just they might go down as the best

and DJ: why do you always say shit like "stats dont matter" and "football isnt played on paper" and then back your own arguments up with stats?
    Football is about trends, and the patriots winning is just a "small" trend

Giants showed really well in game 16, hopefully the SB will be as good of a game.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

If the Patriots win, they're the best team ever.

They beat all the best teams in the league handily, they set a million offensive records. (Although, their defense is disgustingly overrated in my opinion) While all those teams that they're being compared to lost multiple games during their best runs. The hardest thing to do in football is play every down, of every game, and get a victory. When another team does that, then we can talk.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Gee, I'm not sure who I think will win.

/sarcasm. If you didn't pick up on that, perhaps you see the large picture of Belichick + trophy

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Back in the 70's there were several absurdly good teams. No cap allowed teams to keep their players and just stack up. Oakland, Pittsburgh, Dolphins, Dallas (in the later years)...The pats have one team to worry about year in and year out...If the pats had to play teams as good as the colts a few times a year, I doubt they'd be undefeated...

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

If the Pats lose this hot girl might stop talking to me. Down with the fucking Giants, even if they are from New York.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

@ deejay, you think the dolphins are the best team ever right now because they were undefeated?

Edit: Nvm, I'm not gonna argue this with deejay, I'm pulling out of this before we carry a derail for 5 pages...

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

How can you say they're not the best team? What else could the Patriots have done this season to prove that they're the best? They have the best coach, the best QB, one of the best receivers, one of the best lines, a good running attack, solid TE's, old but decent defense.

What more could they have done?

(and the Colts aren't as good as you like to assume they are. They're right next to Dallas and Green Bay as far as i'm concerned.)

Goooo Giants.

Brady had an off game against the Chargers, in Brady Standards. If he plays like that against the Giants the Pats will loose. What is the chance Brady will have another bad game, against mediocre DB's....... very low. But it's still a chance.

Giants need to control the clock, and pressure Brady.

I hope Umenyiora and Gap Tooth can get some pressure up front. He needs to get put on his ass to throw his game off. Offensively they are built to keep the Patriots off the field. Eli needs to keep to his current trend and manage the game. I don't see a lot of big throws by Eli in this game (like against Green Bay).

They need to establish the run right out of the gate, and keep those Safeties out of double coverage opportunities.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Last post for a while:

But Justin Tuck is a fucking monster. This guy is naturally a Defensive End but gets to the quarterback like no other. He scared people by just standing there. I'm torn between buying his or Plaxico's jersey when I get money.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

13-3 (14-2 really) in a division that sent 3 teams to the playoffs, in the AFC. Only 2 losses came to the 2 teams that played in the AFC championship (by less than a TD each time). All this and being riddled with injuries. The colts are the only team in the NFL that could probably win 4, maybe 5 of 10 games against these patriots. People forget, aside from maybe a 4 game stretch, they were blowing teams out. Realistically, the GB and Dallas aren't on the same page.

13-3 (14-2 really) in a division that sent 3 teams to the playoffs, in the AFC. Only 2 losses came to the 2 teams that played in the AFC championship (by less than a TD each time). All this and being riddled with injuries. The colts are the only team in the NFL that could probably win 4, maybe 5 of 10 games against these patriots. People forget, aside from maybe a 4 game stretch, they were blowing teams out. Realistically, the GB and Dallas aren't on the same page.
    Agreed. I wish the Colts and the Patriots played when the Colts are healthy... The Colts with a healthy Marvin Harrison and a healthy Dwight Freeney would be in a completely different level than they are now.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    Agreed. I wish the Colts and the Patriots played when the Colts are healthy... The Colts with a healthy Marvin Harrison and a healthy Dwight Freeney would be in a completely different level than they are now.
    You guys act like the Pats have never beaten the Colts with Marvin/Freeney before.

How many times have the Colts beaten NE pre-Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Stallworth? Once in the playoffs, like ever?

Theres a reason why Tom Brady has 3x more rings than Manning does. He's simply the better playoff quarterback.

It's funny when the Colts can't even beat the Chargers, yet still think they deserve to be in the same class as the Patriots.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

No argument here. Brady is a better playoff QB. You're just absolutely dillusional if you think the cowboys and packers are as good as the colts.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Why not?

Billy Volek and Darren Sproles are the reason why the Colts aren't in the playoffs.

Billy Volek and Darren Sproles........................................... .................................................. ..................

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    You guys act like the Pats have never beaten the Colts with Marvin/Freeney before.

How many times have the Colts beaten NE pre-Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Stallworth? Once in the playoffs, like ever?

Theres a reason why Tom Brady has 3x more rings than Manning does. He's simply the better playoff quarterback.

It's funny when the Colts can't even beat the Chargers, yet still think they deserve to be in the same class as the Patriots.
    Did I say anything about the Colts being better than the Pats? I just thought it would be a better game if both teams are at full strength.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Why not?

Billy Volek and Darren Sproles are the reason why the Colts aren't in the playoffs.

Billy Volek and Darren Sproles........................................... .................................................. ..................
    They had to put together one good drive, and they did. The chargers play the colts well, really well over the past few years. That doesn't diminish how good the colts are.

I guess to elaborate on what I'm saying, I'll throw out this scenario. What if the pats lose? Do you honestly think they are automatically worse because they lost to an inferior team? I'd still say that this pats team is one of the best ever as far as single season teams go.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Which is my main point. If the continue to get beat by the Chargers (who are obviously a lesser team than the Pats) than why would you put them in the same category as Patriots? Had Michael Jordan not been born, Patrick Ewing would have had one of the most prolific careers ever. I think the same comparison can be made for Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

They're good, but nothing Manning and the Colts do aren't anything that the Packers/Chargers/Cowboys couldn't do either. They're consistent, but they'll never be better than the Patriots. I just don't see it.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

If the pats get beat by the giants (who are obviously a lesser team than the colts) how can you put them in the same category!?!?

And no, the colts aren't the patriots, but they aren't far off. I honestly believe a healthy colts team would beat a healthy pats team 40-50% of the times they play. I think that's reasonable. I think the greenbay and dallas would beat the pats probably closer to 10-15% of the time. The chargers beating the colts is largely unimportant, as I wouldn't think any less of the pats if they lost sunday. They are just a team that lost to an inferior team, it happens a lot in the NFL. The difference between the best team (the pats) and the worst team (the dolphins) isn't as much as it is in other leagues, like baseball.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast