Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Re: 2008 NFL Superbowl: New York Giants vs. New England Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayos
    There are way more above average teams now then there were in the 70's.
    I haven't lol'd that hard since... some of the crap deejay said on page 1.

I encourage moar lulz

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3226465

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN.com
    And now, Walsh, 31, an assistant golf pro on Maui, might be positioned to further pull back the curtain on the Patriots' taping history, expose where and how they gained advantages and, perhaps even, turn over video proof.

Pats 35+ win since this story broke...
    That also dates back to the Parcells era. If Parcells was taping in NE, then he was probably taping in Dallas and New York too. The Giants won the Super Bowl under Parcells, which means clearly their entire franchise is class-less jerks and they should give their rings to the Bills, right? Sarcasm aside, this just shows how pervasive video taping is/was in the NFL.
    The guy said he worked since 1996, but didn't say how long the tapes he had dated back, actually, he didn't say if he had tapes at all....just hinted at it. Just because he worked under parcells didn't mean he videotaped under him. The real story was leaked from the boston herald, pats apparently taped the final rams walkthrough before their first superbowl this decade.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

The real story was leaked from the boston herald, pats apparently taped the final rams walkthrough before their first superbowl this decade.
    That was known about 4 years ago. People bring up old stuff hoping that people had forgotten about it, and then yell "OMG LOOK AT THIS STORY I JUST BROKE!"

The real story was leaked from the boston herald, pats apparently taped the final rams walkthrough before their first superbowl this decade.
    That was known about 4 years ago. People bring up old stuff hoping that people had forgotten about it, and then yell "OMG LOOK AT THIS STORY I JUST BROKE!"
    Is it not still relevant seeing as there are now even more serious accusations about the same type of shit?

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    Is it not still relevant seeing as there are now even more serious accusations about the same type of shit?
    how come the comments of some people talking about how it's really not uncommon are irrelevant? This really isn't a big deal...

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

You'll say it's not a big deal now, but what if the new executioner commish asks that cameraman to bring forth some evidence, and he discovers an absurd amount of evidence of the pats cheating in the biggest games? It'll be a big deal when he hands down a year suspension. Whether you like it or not, this is a big deal, especially if the old cameraman squawks. I think it's a big deal...if it's a league wide problem, it needs to get fixed. I don't think it requires governmental involvement, I mean, it's not steroids. Still, videotaping closed practices hours before the superbowl is overdoing the "competitive advantage" a bit. Bellichick's sub-par public perception will take another huge hit. Not that he cares, but HoF voters may care. Bellichick is kinda known for being a master of making on the fly adjustments, can you imagine how people will perceive that if this comes out?

I wouldn't doubt there being much more information and accusations about the videotaping.
    I really do hope the cameramen speak up sometime soon.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

The irrelevance of the videotaping arguments comes in when people tie it in to this season. They illegally taped the first 7 minutes of the season, got hit with stiff penalties, and almost certainly didn't illegally tape anything else for the rest of this year. The 19-0 would not be tainted at all, and should stand as what it is should the Pats win tomorrow: the greatest single season in NFL history.

The irrelevance of the videotaping arguments comes in when people tie it in to this season. They illegally taped the first 7 minutes of the season, got hit with stiff penalties, and almost certainly didn't illegally tape anything else for the rest of this year. The 19-0 would not be tainted at all, and should stand as what it is should the Pats win tomorrow: the greatest single season in NFL history.
    If that is the scenario I agree. I am honestly willing to give them the benefit of the doubt seeing as it would be really dumb for them to jeopardize a season that would have got them exactly where they are right now, in the super bowl, w/o tapes anyways. All I am saying that IF this guy presents evidence that we do not yet even have a clue about that really shows some shady shit ie. repetetive videotapings like earlier this year then that would have to change not only this year but those in the past, especially the past seeing as that is where the evidence would be coming from. I am reserving judgement until I see evidence though.

Edit: Rather than making another topic, how the hell is cris carter not a first ballot HOFer?

Rooting for Pats cause Giants beat my Green Bay in the last game .

How do you know they weren't illegally taping prior to the 2007 season?
    It could've been going on for a year+ before actually getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    Rooting for Pats cause Giants because my Green Bay in the last game .
    Learn2type? That doesn't make sense at all lol...

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I think he's saying it would be relevant in that case, which is obvious, as Goodell would probably smack Bellichick with the hammer of justice pretty fucking hard if found taping superbowl practices and/or taping during the championship games. This season, which I agree, is irrelevant, at least in terms of success...I would assume (and hope) they didn't actually attempt to tape after being handed that huge fine and getting the draft pick swiped. Which would mean what they did this season was well-earned and well-deserved.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I think he's saying it would be relevant in that case, which is obvious, as Goodell would probably smack Bellichick with the hammer of justice pretty fucking hard if found taping superbowl practices and/or taping during the championship games. This season, which I agree, is irrelevant, at least in terms of success...I would assume (and hope) they didn't actually attempt to tape after being handed that huge fine and getting the draft pick swiped. Which would mean what they did this season was well-earned and well-deserved.
    Thanks for being more articulate than I'm able to be, Tyche

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    How do you know they weren't illegally taping prior to the 2007 season?
    It could've been going on for a year+ before actually getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    Rooting for Pats cause Giants because my Green Bay in the last game .
    Learn2type? That doesn't make sense at all lol...
    Oops wasn't paying attention lol, fixed now.

lol, now I can make sense of it.
    You gotta have alot of respect for the Giants and specifically Eli Manning though.
    He really stepped up his game when it counted the most and has been very consistent the entire playoffs.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    Quote Originally Posted by Melena
    bleh, even if they go 19-0 I can't see them being the best team ever. When 1/3 of your wins are against Buffalo, NYJ, and Miami, you get what's referred to as the easy schedule. I'd say the Pat's division was the worst in the NFL. Even the AFC west overall I felt was a tougher division then what the Pat's played in.
    While I have no love for the patriots, the argument that they had a weak schedule is absolutely absurd. They played and beat every playoff team outside of Green Bay, how does that equate to an easy schedule? Also, the 76 Dolphins didn't play a single playoff-bound team until the actual playoffs... so how can you make the argument that they're a better team than the Pats are?

Bottom line you can only play the games that are on the schedule, the "well you had a weak schedule" excuse holds no water and never did, in any sport.
    There's a ton of teams including 90's 49ers, Cowboys, Packers teams that while not perfect records during the regular season (and in the case of a 14-2 Niners team that had to run into a 14-2 Cowboys team) that didn't even make it to the Super Bowl that I feel would just kick the ever lasting snot out of the perfect Patriots team of this year.

WTF Steve Smith again

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

so saw that coming lol.