Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Building a list of general FFXI complaints.

I always see people complaining about lackluster content updates and job balancing issues, or absolutely terrible NM drops (hey there Hydra!) and what not, but what I'd like to see someday is SE actually dealing with some of the engine/media faults, so I started a list recently to keep track of crap that bugs me, and wouldn't mind adding more to it if you guys got some pet-peeves of your own.

- FFXI's Main Menu needs to incorporate the game settings of the last logged in user (sound volumes & aspect ratio primarily, couldn't give two shits if it included the window type also)

- Unable to view Merits on non-75 job with 'Limit Breaker' key item (why not?)

- Option to disable mouse functionality (always gets in the way in windowed mode)

- Windowed mode doesn't remember maximized state upon initialization (I could name 500 other problems with SE's windowed mode, but I'll leave that for another time)

- "Notifying lobby server of current selections." <~ When the damn thing times out during logging in and then takes 10 minutes for it to realize you're not in the fucking game as you're spamming the char select screen

- <call>s do not respect master game volume (re: headphone users lose an eardrum), better yet, make a seperate slider for them

- /names could use a flag for toggling just player names on/off while mob/NPC's still show (maybe I could actually see and target the proper mob if there wasn't 50 damn names blocking the screen)

- Ranguemont Pass' shading is still broken on the PC

- A fair amount of polygons on area geometry are flipped on the PC (the geometry past the residence zone-line in S.SanD comes to mind, that area is all full on the PS2/360 afaik, where-as PC there's half a building missing and the floor gets cut-off at one part)

- No 360 controller support (can't assign triggers as buttons with the gamepad config menu in its current state as it only accepts buttons, not axes. Cut&Paste the damn xinput.dll code from the 360 over)

- Lackluster network handshaking on toggle items (re: doors, especially the ones in Lag-gate)

- No I don't want to fucking set my home-point outside the MH just because I changed my job, QUIT ASKING! Make it an extra Moogle option to set the bloody HP from within the MH

- PS2 lock-ups in Ru'Hmet, fix it for gods sake

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Re: Building a list of general FFXI complaints.

So is this really what happens when forums are split up so much? The massive deluge of whining has to divide up into every forum? I'm used to complaints on forums but the last few months have been a real marathon. Even as FFXI goes.

This kind of thread isn't new either. For the last 15 page thread of pure chin-flapping, see here:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24260&start=0

Or for more raw, unsubstantiated fanboy moaning see just about every other thread in the past 2 months. Pardon my complaining, complaining.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There, re-reupdated that thread. Let the LOL's commence.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So is this really what happens when forums are split up so much? The massive deluge of whining has to divide up into every forum? I'm used to complaints on forums but the last few months have been a real marathon. Even as FFXI goes.
    Well, from what I was perceiving, it isn't really an 'advanced' topic, so I set it here in Newbie/Standard. And it's the total cumulative of all these little issues that make FFXI harder to enjoy (for me anyways) the longer you play it.

But anyways, man, I completely forgot about that thread. ><

Lock this boy up, let the real thing live again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha
    huh? It's fine for me.. must be your video card and/or drivers

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

We just need a general bitching forum where people can post all there whining threads. Not saying that some of this stuff isn't true but people need to keep bugging SE about the stuff.

https://secure.playonline.com/polapps/s ... olg_loc=en

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha
    huh? It's fine for me.. must be your video card and/or drivers
    I've been through 3 PCs and it's still broken on my current one. Could be an nVidia problem though?
    (that's the only thing all the machines have in common <.<, unless you got an nVidia card also which debunks that theory)

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Actually you have some new ones now that I have time to you know, READ your post.

- Option to disable mouse functionality (always gets in the way in windowed mode)
    It was answered in my thread too. Go to Config-> Mouse/cam -> turn OFF screen edge panning. Done, no more tilt a whirl characters.

- "Notifying lobby server of current selections." <~ When the damn thing times out during logging in and then takes 10 minutes for it to realize you're not in the fucking game as you're spamming the char select screen

If you have a mule, log into it real quick and then out again, it kicks your other character off line instantly.

- No 360 controller support (can't assign triggers as buttons with the gamepad config menu in its current state as it only accepts buttons, not axes. Cut&Paste the damn xinput.dll code from the 360 over)

Blame MS: the input for the trigger 2's is analog, afaik all games have this issue, some windows games are smart enough to place buttons on analog sticks though. But other stuff recognizes the triggers as the Z axis.

Added yours to my OP

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila
    Actually you have some new ones now that I have time to you know, READ your post.

It was answered in my thread too. Go to Config-> Mouse/cam -> turn OFF screen edge panning. Done, no more tilt a whirl characters.
    That isn't the problem (who doesn't have edge panning disabled anyways?). In windowed mode, if you click the mouse within the game's screen and don't let go of said click within the game's window, the game still thinks you have the mouse clicked down. I drag my mouse a shitload to select active windows here, and it's very annoying when my toon keeps running to the left and the only way to fix it is to move my mouse back over to the main screen (dual-screen setup here) and click twice to cancel it.
    (and that can get scary in Dynamis)

In all due respect though, the windowed mode overall is pretty fail, can't even do large-number events without the FPS completely crapping out to unplayable levels.
    (I assume Windower doesn't have that problem?)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Losing Sneak and Invis if you log off. We keep other buffs such as Prot/Haste/Refresh/etc since I assume theyre on a fixed timer, but I feel we should also keep S/I. Ive DC'd a few times in unsafe zones and luckily log back on to mobs not facing me. I can see myself getting fumed if I had taken a few deaths from it.

If they cant arrange us to keep S/I, at least give all characters like a 10 second immunity to any aggro while they compose themselves and check their surroundings upon logging back in.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

SE doesnt respond well to nastily worded notes about their game, make them as nice as possible and I guarantee they will be looked upon more favorably.

New Merits
    BG Level

Can we mention Brothers ENM ice wall here?

I just want five minutes alone with the dev who thought "this will enhance the fun factor".

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Too far away = TP 0%

By the same god damn logic mages should lose thier MP if they cast on a mob that runs away...

Stupidest fucking thing in the game, ever...

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by orson
    We just need a general bitching forum where people can post all there whining threads.
    That'd rock, then we wouldn't have to see the daily bitching threads.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Character locking up when you get something casted on you, i.e, Cure, Haste, etc in merit parties.

Example. Fight ends, and your character freezes after putting away his weapons and such, and you can't engage the other mob. I know this annoys the crap out of me when I'm getting bard songs, haste, cures, etc all at the same time. I'm sure I'm also not the only person to complain about this >_>'

Quote Originally Posted by Phraust
    Too far away = TP 0%

By the same god damn logic mages should lose thier MP if they cast on a mob that runs away...

Stupidest fucking thing in the game, ever...
    Though it works on monsters, too. If one attempts a special attack and the target gets out of range, it's wasted. Otherwise, shit like Throat Stab would be heinous if the mob could just keep re-attempting it over and over again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine

This kind of thread isn't new either. For the last 15 page thread of pure chin-flapping, see here:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24260&start=0

Or for more raw, unsubstantiated fanboy moaning see just about every other thread in the past 2 months. Pardon my complaining, complaining.
    I think it is because they are taking their sweet time in announcing the last update after a fairly light expansion. Once they start announcing update changes people can start to wildly speculate so that we will be properly disappointed when the actual update comes.

(Yeah, I'm feeling extra cynical today.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmerize
    Character locking up when you get something casted on you, i.e, Cure, Haste, etc in merit parties.

Example. Fight ends, and your character freezes after putting away his weapons and such, and you can't engage the other mob. I know this annoys the crap out of me when I'm getting bard songs, haste, cures, etc all at the same time. I'm sure I'm also not the only person to complain about this >_>'
    QFT. Buffs should not equal terror.

My complaints: no taking damage during the 'raise' animation, please. In fact, just give the player a good three seconds of non-interaction with the world so they don't get capped by some stray AOE.

Weakness during Besieged and Campaign: seriously, what's the fucking point?

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SE doesnt respond well to half the stuff written about their game.
    Work has me in a cynical mood.