• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Technical problem moving from POL to FFXI

Sorry to ask this if its posted someplace else. Ran a search, couldn't find much that related to my issue.

I purchased a new laptop today, loaded up Vista version of POL, then went through and installed FFXI from the discs i had from the desktop. I can log into POL fine, move through all the tabs, ect. in POL. My issue occurs when i get to the Play screen for FFXI. On the screen where content ID pages, informations, ect. is at. I click on "play" and then it brings you to the warning page, and i click "play" again. This is when it send me back to the previous page, reloading friendslist and all the POL stuff.

It continues to cycle through like this, without ever moving onto FFXI. After i first installed FFXI, i went through and had 4+ hours of updates. Version Update had been completed. Not sure where or how to search for this problem. Not really computer tech type either, altho basic instruction is simple enough to follow.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction, if not help me out?

System is running Nvidia 8800m GTS video card, with Vista OS. Any other information that may be helpful. Please post asking.

Thanks again.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Re: Technical problem moving from POL to FFXI

Any help, from anyone?

Was thinking maybe a driver issue, but 1st, i cant even get ffxi to load. Most ppl with the driver issue just reported serious lag and such. 2nd i dont know a whole lot about all that beta driver switching, and would rather see if it works first.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using windower right now?
    EDIT>Well since no response, my guess is that you are using windower and its crashing POL after you hit play. You probably see the screen flicker before it goes back into POL... If that is the case try to load without windower, if you can get in without it fine, re-install windower, if you still can't get in, let us know.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

No not using windower. Don't even have it dl'd onto the new laptop as of right now. Just installed Vista POL, then installed FFXI off the discs like it said. (minus WOTG i used your post on the other thread for that one)

Sorry for the late response, was online on the desktop for a short time.

It still goes through like it wants to start ffxi, then rotates back around to the first play screen. :/

EDIT: not sure if it helps or makes a difference, but i am currently using Gateway P-6831FX laptop.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Still no ideas from anyone?

I'm not too good with hardware issues or Vista, but I would try running a file check on FFXI from POL Login Screen.
    Check to make sure you have Drivers up to date... It seems like something is causing it to crash back into POL but its not a critical error where it closes pol.exe so thats why I think something like drivers could be a liekly cause. Might have to wait till tomorrow when most of the other guys have some ideas.

EDIT>> You really don't have to bump your post like this unless it hits the bottom of the page or page2.
    If your still listed on top half of page then just know that sometimes it takes time to get a response.