FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Item Restoration "Service"??

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    if you ask for the world you're more likely to affect more of a change than if you don't.
    You can still ask for the world without being an ass about it like many people here are doing. An outrageous, yet civilized request will be met with more consideration than a reasonable, yet assholeish demand.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Square Enix also ate my baby. True story.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

No, that was me, I was hungry sry

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

epic lulz

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe
    if you ask for the world you're more likely to affect more of a change than if you don't.
    You can still ask for the world without being an ass about it like many people here are doing. An outrageous, yet civilized request will be met with more consideration than a reasonable, yet assholeish demand.
    This......is........BG!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This......is........BG!!
    I know, I know. It's probably a little much for me to expect a Utopian society where everyone presents and receives ideas in a respectful matter.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

try working in customer service and maybe you'll see how it works.
    Fuck the military, everyone should be required to work customer service for x period of their life, that way when this shit happens the messenger (GM's) get ignored and everyone goes for the head. Having said that, hopefully if this pisses you off bad enough you voice that concern via their feedback submission.

/if one person complains he's bitching
    //if everyone's complaining somethings wrong

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sepuku
    Bullshit dont defend SE, thats the reason why they call it:

one-time item restore
    Also know they can only restore items lost one WEEK after dropped, and only if you know what area it was dropped in.

New Merits
    BG Level

TBH, even if this was a 1-time restore, if they gave you the items or the gil equivalent it would be possible for it to be manipulated. (and RMT would do it first). Furthermore, if you're going to intentionally manipulate it, why compromise your main?

w/ a couple of accounts w/ prepaid card untraceable to your main, you could move a few accounts to rolanmart (or whatever bazaar area is on your server), kick one of the accounts offline by logging in on another window, and change the password to a new CC to mimick a hack. Shuffle the item around on that account to another a few times, and then trade it back to your main. Call SE, report that account as 'hacked.' Then use your 1 time restore on the 'hacked' account to get duplicate items or the gil equivalent.

You just had SE dupe your gil, w/o using you main characters item restore. It's a digital insurance scam, w/ easy money laundering.

EDIT: sucks that people would abuse it, but that's why they're probably refusing to bend. Sorry you lost your stuff, and that RMT are ultimately ruining it for everyone.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

In all honesty, you should be fucking ecstatic that you even got your account back. The millions and millions of gil in gear I have isn't worth shit compared to the 4 years of time I've played the game. No customer service is going to be flawless. They're taking a step in the right direction at least.

I am by no means a SE sympathizer, however they have responded to the compromised account issue and at least you're seeing SOMETHING rather than, "srry u dun got current credet crd no. plz contax local polizeeeee ^.^"

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    Those items you are wanting back were prolly sold, and in that case,they can't be recovered.
    Are you dense? Even if they can't be recovered that makes item "Recovery" due to account compromise completely worthless. What's the use of getting your account back if you get nothing back with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    In all honesty, you should be fucking ecstatic that you even got your account back. The millions and millions of gil in gear I have isn't worth shit compared to the 4 years of time I've played the game. No customer service is going to be flawless. They're taking a step in the right direction at least.
    No, they aren't. This recovery was something they should have been able to do from the beginning and are now trying to convince people not to quit by giving them their accounts back - something they could have done from the beginning if they weren't total fucking idiots. Rather than restore the account to a point where the items that were taken were recovered, they think a player is going to want to use a one-time service to restore fucking crystals and food items?

Pull your head out of your ass.

And to elaborate, I agree about the item-duping - although it's still inexcusable.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy

I am by no means a SE sympathizer, however they have responded to the compromised account issue and at least you're seeing SOMETHING rather than, "srry u dun got current credet crd no. plz contax local polizeeeee ^.^"
    Completely agreed.

Keep in mind that if your account was hacked and the rare/ex items were tossed, you should be able to get those back. However, I don't think the RMTs tossed rare/ex because they had no reason to.

Personally, I can play MNK NIN and THF pretty well with just rare/ex items, so if I get hacked and stripped of gil/sellables, I'd still be in business when I got it back. My BRD's still new and has a lot of sellables, but mostly worthless ones that I can get back easily. Take a look at your current equipment setups, see what can be replaced with rare/ex gear for the ability to function, then "count your lucky stars" as they would say, that if you do get hacked, you'll get those items back.

If you quit the game over unreturned sellables, you need more friends, plain and simple. If it's happened to you twice, then more power to you; I wouldn't come back either.

Vuitton

http://www.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fo ... =29;page=1

Alright this might have gone around but here is what converstations that I just had with two SE reps and their supervisor to verify.

For those that have lost multiple items here you go.

They will be restoring items that are thrown out, sold, etc in the game logs they have. So they will be restoring any lost items that were lost and they can track it in the game logs.

I also asked about the 1 item per character policy. He stated this is the exception. If it's in the game logs as lost; it will be restored.

I asked what about if they sold something on the AH on another server/or current server for example "Bone harness+1" was the example I used (don't ask me why hehe). He said no items will be taken back from players that bought said item off AH, BUT a GM will restore said item to the player IF and ONLY if it's in the game logs.

SERVER Restoration.

When a player regains access to his/her account, you can apply for server migration "FREE OF CHARGE" to the orgainal server that it was previously on before the compromised account was taken from orginal owner.

Sorry didn't ask about any gil related restoration but here hope at least.

Sorry for grammer trying to get this out as fast as possible.
    I asked what about if they sold something on the AH on another server/or current server for example "Bone harness+1" was the example I used (don't ask me why hehe). He said no items will be taken back from players that bought said item off AH, BUT a GM will restore said item to the player IF and ONLY if it's in the game logs.
    He said no items will be taken back from players that bought said item off AH, BUT a GM will restore said item to the player IF and ONLY if it's in the game logs.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Any idea how far back the logs go?

Space Pope
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Take a look at your current equipment setups, see what can be replaced with rare/ex gear for the ability to function, then "count your lucky stars" as they would say, that if you do get hacked, you'll get those items back.
    Wonder if we can take this opportunity to lobby SE to make high-level equipment sets "storable". Who wouldn't love to know that they have a tag for Errant set, Thick set, etc. Why they stopped at level 50 for armor sets seems arbitrary. (and NQ sets..)

Also, it was thought/recommended that GM's could replace your gear and just add the EX flag to gear replaced in that way. That might also be a viable solution.

Of course, one other thing that should be considered is every few months billions of gil are destroyed from the STF's purges. Why their policy is set up to dick over the customers over *possibly* duplicating a few million for verifiable theft seems silly.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

In all honesty, you should be fucking ecstatic that you even got your account back. The millions and millions of gil in gear I have isn't worth shit compared to the 4 years of time I've played the game.
    Lol no fucking way. Your friends (your actual ones) are gonna be there regardless of your toon's name, exp is fucking stupid easy to come across, the item loss is the biggest kick in the balls and the largest loss of progression (see: those 4 years you spent doing shit), it is a perfectly good reason to quit. Tell your friends to get ventrilo or something.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The issue is, even if they make all the restored items Ex and unbazaarable/auctionable, it still removes demand for as many items as they restore (and the people who they are restored to can't sell them as they used to be able to.)

Honestly, if it's within SE's power I think the ideal solution would be to just "Undo" the confirmed RMT characters' actions. All the gil goes back to the people who bought the stuff and all of the items go back to the people whose accounts got jacked. Then the people who bought the items still want them (but have about the right amount of money to buy them), and the people who had the items have them once more. This would require a complete Bazaar/Auction/Trade log for each player but is really the only solution that won't have a significant impact on the economy. I find it hard to believe SE doesn't keep a complete Bazaar/Auction/Trade log, but this might be so much work that they'd just write it off. For all we know SE's RMT investigation bureau is 3 overworked asians in a Japanese office-building basement. Three certainly seems like about the right number when you consider how quickly they act on Fishbots, etc.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, GM's *have* tracked down stolen goods from people's inventories in the past and removed them. Say, a item was taken unfairly in a trade (venomous claw for a synth) and then bazaared and bought by someone else. It has been taken by a GM and the 3rd party who innocently purchased from bazaar doesn't get refunded.

When ffxiah.com is able to maintain an AH history, are you guys saying that SE can't?
    Well, that's some bullshit.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    Well, GM's *have* tracked down stolen goods from people's inventories in the past and removed them. Say, a item was taken unfairly in a trade (venomous claw for a synth) and then bazaared and bought by someone else. It has been taken by a GM and the 3rd party who innocently purchased from bazaar doesn't get refunded.

When ffxiah.com is able to maintain an AH history, are you guys saying that SE can't?
    Well, that's some bullshit.
    Yup. The screenies were posted here on BG, but it was awhile back and I don't feel like searching.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    Any idea how far back the logs go?
    I forget, but it said in those GM manuals that were posted a while back. It was a lot shorter than I thought, though, I remember that - was like a week, two weeks, something like that.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast