Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Re: The long awaited AV video

Well i hope that wall of text helps people figure out exactly what would freeze his job.

or perhaps lock it so that he can not use it in the future.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dbdesigns
    Even after that meteor wipes your entire alliance? >.>
    It's still not game-breaking like meteor or benediction spamming.

I dont see how that would help if you cant prevent meteor from happening to begin with

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Needs more testing less speculation as of right now. Seems as though Kujatas gonna have a try Also looks like Ifrit JPs are brewing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

FUCK damn work internet, and my iphone cant play the video. Ill have to live through you guys until the end of the day. Anyways... anyone think that this thread is gonna be bigger then the "OMG AV popped" thread a few years ago?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    The theory now is that matching 2hrs is not to stop the current 2hr from happening but to prevent it from being use in the future. So when AV Chainspells, matching it wouldn't stop it, but maybe to prevent him from doing it again.
    Yeah, that was the theory back on about page 1. And I still want to know why they continue to use abilities that have been "locked" this way when he does a subsequent 2 hour.

After watching the various versions, I'm fairly certain that this was all one fight that took place over the period of about an hour. They just edited it out of sequence, basically showing the 2 hours he performed in reverse order. I'm not positive, but I suspect that he actually died that same lightningday, as they nuked him with a thunder-line spell at the end to finish him.

Theres only two things you can determine from that video and those two things are that nuking the element corresponding to the day will have effect which everyone knows already and that using two hour abilities will have some effect. The rest is guessing games.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I dont see how that would help if you cant prevent meteor from happening to begin with
    I don't understand why you keep insisting that 1 meteor means a complete fail attempt. There's plenty of ways to work around a meteor, even if it wipes your whole alliance. Having a backup holding alliance that holds AV and raises main alliance can't be that much of a stretch.

Yeah, that was the theory back on about page 1. And I still want to know why they continue to use abilities that have been "locked" this way when he does a subsequent 2 hour.
    If this is all one fight that doesn't span a vana'diel week, it's possible the video clips aren't in chronological order. Which means that maybe Hina uses Soul Voice once, not matching AV's 2hr, somehow has his 2hr reset, and uses it again later. It's just that the video doesn't reflect this timeline.

ok I watched all 4 videos (french, german, japanese, english) and paused each one every few milliseconds and wrote everything down.

The videos all have the same basic format, a few minutes of JoL, then showing us the locking of regen by casting spells matching the day, then "dealing with" AVs 2hrs 3 different times in each video. Each of these 3 "examples" are pulled from a different timeframe, with some duplication between videos.

Here are the 2hrs used by AV, in order, assuming the fight was done over one Iceday > Lightningsday period:

1. Iceday 12:10, Call Wyvern (from English video, part 3)
    player 2hrs used: blm, pld, smn, drg (call wyvern), rdm, brd, blm

2. Iceday 14:42, Soul Voice (from Japanese VIdeo, part 1 and German Video, part 2)
    player 2hrs used: blm, smn, blm, drg, brd, brd, sam, whm, blm, drk, blm, rdm

3. Iceday 16:14, 100 Fists (from French video, part 2)
    player 2hrs used: blm, brd, blm, brd, smn, rdm

4. Iceday 16:55, Meikyo Shisui (from Japanese Video, part 2 and German VIdeo, Part 3)
    player 2hrs used: blm, brd, blm, sam, drg, brd, smn, rdm, drk, brd

5. Lightningsday 5:07 Chainspell (from English Video, part 2 and French video, part 3)
    player 2hrs used: blm, brd, rdm, brd

6. Lightningsday 6:50 Soul Voice (from English Video part 1)
    player 2hrs used: pld, blm, whm, blm, sam, drg, whm, smn, blm, blm, brd, drk, rdm, brd, brd

7. Lightningsday 8:55 Astral Flow (from French Video, part 1 and German Video, part 1)
    player 2hrs used: blm, blm, blm, brd, rdm, brd, blm, drg, smn, whm, rdm, drk

8. Lightningsday 13:55 Astral Flow (from Japanese Video, part 3)
    player 2hrs used: pld, blm, smn, brd, drg, blm, blm, pld, blm, rdm, brd, rdm

Funny thing is after using Chainspell and Meikyo it was able to cast several spells in a row, and if you look at the Meikyo video it uses medusa javelin a 2nd time just as the screen is fading to black. However, it never seems to get AF off, at least not before the screen cuts away til another timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aireiya
    I don't understand why you keep insisting that 1 meteor means a complete fail attempt. There's plenty of ways to work around a meteor, even if it wipes your whole alliance. Having a backup holding alliance that holds AV and raises main alliance can't be that much of a stretch.

If this is all one fight that doesn't span a vana'diel week, it's possible the video clips aren't in chronological order. Which means that maybe Hina uses Soul Voice once, not matching AV's 2hr, somehow has his 2hr reset, and uses it again later. It's just that the video doesn't reflect this timeline.

What im saying is, if you had to go through an AV two hour to lock it you would most likley have to go through a full wipe, a possible benediction at any % after a 30-45+ JoL fight and thats even if AV decides to pop. I just dont see it being that rediculously difficult.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    Oh man, just noticed the Sam/Thf setting up for Yokodama! Very clearly side SATA, and yeah Wafik you're right, no Post CoP gears at all.
    Maybe wooosh, but

They killed yokodama before CoP even came out. iirc it was in the update right after NA PC release.
    I remember because I started with NA PS2 release, and never had to learn how to do it.

assburgers
    BG Level

Oh, I know it's dead, that's why it's so funny seeing the Sam/Thf set up for it, 90 Degrees from AV's front, to the right side, behind the Rdm, SA > TA > Gekko ftw.

As for the 2hrs, still hoping theres some sort of preventative measure involved wherein using X 2hr prevents the deathga spamming.

Watching a few videos I've found of AV fights and for as many Chainspell > Manafont combos as I've found, I've found just Manafont > Meteor by itself as well.

Ollieyk

Anyone else wonder why Sirigobi killed the 3 Ru'phuabo with Thundaga III on Windsday, but then kills them all with Stonega III in the next clip, again on Windsday, proceeded by killing all 3 again with Thundaga III on Lightsday...

Just thought this was a little strange.

My name is Not Sure
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My observation and guess:

Maybe the 2hr your alliance is supposed to use to lock or stop AV's 2hr is a 2hr that's similar. By that I mean since there are different types of 2hr's. The instant ones like mijin gakure and bene.. and the ones that last a while like blood weapon, manafont, and chainspell. So when AV uses an instant one, you need to use one that has a similar effect. That's all I could guess for this unless you just use random 2hr's. lol.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Durotan

wrong thread^^here we go again

ok german vi in detail referring to magic and 2 Hrs.
    german has a few different angles. here it comes.
    (dont know if it has been posted, have been writing this 2 times + i was out for lunch)

Iceday > Thunderday switch

Iws > Ice2
    Shibigogi > Thunder4
    Oruu > Thunder1
    Popumyonmapu > Thunder1
    Iws > Ice4 (...?)
    Oruu > Thunder4
    Popumyonmapu > Thunder4

-cut (fade)-

raindreamboy killed
    Av > Aero5 on rdm/nin (name: Ronana)
    Thunderday 08:55
    AV readies Astral Flow
    (1 mili second later, so practically at the same time)
    Oruu > Manafont
    Chakiki > Chainspell
    Popumyonmapu > Manafont
    Iws > Manafont
    Hina > Soulvoice
    Houjuhkye > Soulvoice
    Shibigobi > Manafont
    Astri > call wyvern (...)
    Rasopomosopo > Astral FLow
    Ruriri > Benediction
    Arefelie > Chainspell
    Yanono > Blood Weapon
    (2hrs from palyers end at 08:58 ingame)
    -cut (fast)-

Iceday 14:42
    AV readies Soulvoice
    (at the VERY SAME time where you see the log, the taru blm used manafont)

Popumyonmapu > Manafont
    Oruu > Manafont
    Astri > Call Wyvern (...)
    Dreamrainbow > Meikyo Shisui
    Hupapa > Soulvioce
    Hina > Soulvoice
    Roopelope > Benediction
    Shibigobi > Manafont
    Yanono > Blood Weapon
    Iws > Manafont
    Chakiki > Chainspell

(in total: 8 people use 2 hr again)

-cut (fast)-
    Iceday > 16:55
    AV used Medusa-Sp(spelling)
    AV readies Meikyo Shisui
    (again: you can see a taru using manafont even a little before the meikyo shisui appears on log)

Hupapa > Soulvioce
    Shibigobi > Manafont
    Popumyonmapu > Manafont
    Dreamrainbow > Meikyo Shisui
    Astri > Call Wyvern (...)
    Rasopomosopo > Astral FLow
    Houjuhkye > Soulvoice
    Chakiki > Chainspell
    Yanono > Blood Weapon
    Hina > Soulvioce

- cut (fade)-

next scene: Bracelets on AV
    domaru sam frontside, as well as rdm/nin with earth staff + drk/thf SATA catastrophe on pld

Then I see a thunder spell (3 i think) + Tachi: Gekko
    AV dead!

also in pic at that time: drg in homam

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I dunno if I ever posted it before but it is possible to endure every AV 2 hour without wiping(My LS has done it, sort of). It just requires a lot of coordination and quick reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    I dunno if I ever posted it before but it is possible to endure every AV 2 hour without wiping(My LS has done it, sort of). It just requires a lot of coordination and quick reflexes.
    I imagine if you can fire off your 2Hs as often as he does it'd be even easier, at that. (Assuming that's the trick and they didn't use dev hax or secret CORs).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Endure benediction with a smile, lemme know how that works out, lol.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rajah Samsara
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

There'splenty of CoP gear. Full homam drg, saw a homam head on pld, etc. The earth staff plds are laughable.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well, from the videos, it definitely seems that using any two hour in response to AV has no immediate effect on AV. You'd still need to cope with at least one of each 2 hour.

Edit: Also, I have no idea why people are even discussing when this video was made. SE stated a few months ago that they hadn't finished making it yet...

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast