Closed Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: The long awaited AV video

Quote Originally Posted by Wizrow
    I'm interested in the Aeroga IV that went off on the pld, rdm, whm, drg and no one ate it
    baraera ftw?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

looks like they did a block, but matched. When he did Manafont, I saw only mage classes two-houring (chainspell/manafont/soulvoice). When he did a benediction I saw other two hours firing. This requires more observation

No meteor occurred because AV didn't use manafont.

One PLD about to die, the other PLD uses Invincible to save him but is too slow.
    AV uses Soul Voice, a bunch of people fire off 2Hs, to no discernible effect.
    AV uses Chainspell, a bunch of people fire off 2Hs, to no discernible effect.
    AV uses Call Wyvern, a bunch of people fire off 2Hs, to no discernible effect.
    Fast forward, AV in ABP form and almost dead and chat log isn't visible, PLD/NINs in M body and Earth staffs beat on him until he dies.

Not a fan of this video lol, but hopefully it's close enough to what actually needs to be done that people can figure it out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also noticed they casted tier 1 spells when it turned thundersday...

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Wizrow
    I'm interested in the Aeroga IV that went off on the pld, rdm, whm, drg and no one ate it

They're all playing invincible, duh. I don't trust this video untill a few guinea pigs, err, linkshells test it out first.

Quote Originally Posted by kayn
    Quote Originally Posted by Suteru
    Quote Originally Posted by kayn
    watching more
    are some ppl 2hring more than once?

does AV's 2hr reset yours?

This is what I'm thinking.

Unless this video was edited from 10 hours of fighting. :rocl:
    if this is the case, a balanced alliance w/ zerging drks may make this fight a joke
    Or they did edit out the 120 mins of kiting, each time he 2hr'd, while they waited for 2hr to return lol. Now that would be classy. "Haha we beat him and it only took 4 days!"

/excited

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru
    edit: I'm also noting they cast Sleep a lot.. Hmm
    The RDM was using sleep as a hate tool I believe.

items of note that I saw:

Using thundaga3 on Ru'phuabo. Constantly. Even on iceday.

Drg in there using Call Wyvern, not Spirit Surge, in the block of 2hrs being used.

Hmm. The drg, Astri, was noticed using Call Wyvern twice. Once in response to SOul Voice, once in response to AV's own Call Wyvern. I can't see her in the log ever using Spirit Surge.

AV used Soul Voice, and 2hr's went off. AV was not prevented from casting Maiden's Virelai.

AV used Chainspell, and 2hr's went off. AV was not prevented from insta-casting AerogaIV.

I'm not sure what we're supposed to be seeing here...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

At 6:50 game time Hina uses soul voice, at 5:09 game time Hina also uses soul voice...almost everybody else does this as well. This is before corsair, as well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It zoomed in on the text for Baraera, and when it 2houred a lot of the group 2 houred(multiple times,This is probably because time contraints on SE's parts and they did'nt have enough people , I guess a swapping in and out ally could counter that).

Melee it with a staff seems to be an instant win! Almost 2 mins of JOL ruins the video also.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

AV uses three 2-hours in a row every time, correct?

And Benediction is always the last of the 3 isn't it, when he's gonna use it?

It appears as though matching the first 2hr prevents him from doing the following ones. I noticed they never showed him 2hr more than once (at least, I don't think so), before flashing to a different time in the fight. This would at least prevent Benediction, one of the biggest reasons the fight was so stupid.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

That is some crazy shit... They totally made AV look like a joke in that video...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Definately samne people using 2 hours multiple times.... either this is a joke or AV resets your two hours if used at right time?

So let's count how many relics we saw in the video. Pretty sure I saw an Apoc DRK and a Gungir DRG. Not to mention all the gear was probably of the HQ persuasion.

IMO, it's just another riddle told by SE, just another puzzle that we have to mull over. Hopefully we can do it this time. >/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Luto
    So let's count how many relics we saw in the video. Pretty sure I saw an Apoc DRK and a Gungir DRG. Not to mention all the gear was probably of the HQ persuasion.

IMO, it's just another riddle told by SE, just another puzzle that we have to mull over. Hopefully we can do it this time. >/
    it was the domaru sam at the end that did it imo

assburgers
    BG Level

AV didn't Soul Voice > Meikyo or Chainspell > Manafont.

Chainspell is lame, but Manafont triggers Meteor, triggers gaem ovar tiem nao.

Apparently burning 2hrs when AV does keeps the secondary 2hrs which usually trigger the nasty shit down.

Hopefully theres some saving grace in the fight where using your 2hrs when he does resets your timer, otherwise this could suuuuck if they really kept him up for however many hours it is.

God, horrible flash of insight...

They used Thundaga on the Ru's from JoL, but I didn't see what they were nuking JoL with, so perhaps they were just using that to kill the summons, and nuking JoL with the element of the day to nerf AV's regen...

So when he 2hrs, and you burn 2hrs, you can keep him from regening while you hold him til your 2hrs reset....

Oh the lulz.

They had like 9 tanks in their main ally.

It still does not make sense to me, AV 2hr's throughout the entire fight as you can even see it 2hr right before it is actually killed.

Now unless something is actually being Prevented by using your 2hrs when it uses it i do not see what good it does, as meteor during manafont or a mijin gakure will undoubtably still wipe your entire alliance.

First of all i guess we need to figure out if 2hr's can be reset by using them when AV uses his.

Also why is dispel being casted on it throughout the video what is this accomplsihing?

assburgers
    BG Level

I didn't see a Benediction, Manafont, Meikyo Shisui, or Mijin Gakure in that fight.

Perhaps what they're saying is, theres an order he does them in, countering with 2hrs when the first one is used, prevents those above which are the "fuck, we're done" 2hrs.

Still, really REALLY hope you're not going to have to hold him for 2hrs, or constantly swap in new people to burn theirs.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast