Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Re: The long awaited AV video

Quote Originally Posted by kayn
    Quote Originally Posted by Luto
    So let's count how many relics we saw in the video. Pretty sure I saw an Apoc DRK and a Gungir DRG. Not to mention all the gear was probably of the HQ persuasion.

IMO, it's just another riddle told by SE, just another puzzle that we have to mull over. Hopefully we can do it this time. >/
    it was the domaru sam at the end that did it imo
    Personally I liked the MBody Earth/Terra's Staff PLD.

The solution to AV is obviously relic weapons, relic AF, domaru, sleep spam and VIT stacking.

WarkeDChocobo
    BG Level

AV soulvoice:

pld whm blm blm sam drg(call pet) whm smn blm blm brd brd drk rdm brd all two houred in the span of 3 game minutes.

AV chainspells:

blm, brd, rdm two hour.

AV Drg two hours

blm, pld, smn, drg, rdm, brd, blm, (Thf pops flee just as camera goes black)

On the logic of two hours to stop him from doing more two hours, maybe you have to match the two hour he does with the jobs two hour. Maybe everyone two hours on animation and not what two hour it is in order to sort of take a shot in the dark.

when AV chainspells, they only have blm brd rdm two hour. in the other two 15 and 7 people two hour. Perhaps the chainspell from the rdm prevented AV from moving on to the next two hour?

OKAY STOP

AV doesn't use three 2Hs in a row when he's first popped. He only takes on that behavior in the form with bracelets, which we only saw at the very end just before it died.

Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    I didn't see a Benediction, Manafont, Meikyo Shisui, or Mijin Gakure in that fight.

Perhaps what they're saying is, theres an order he does them in, countering with 2hrs when the first one is used, prevents those above which are the "fuck, we're done" 2hrs.

Still, really REALLY hope you're not going to have to hold him for 2hrs, or constantly swap in new people to burn theirs.
    I doubt this is the case. its more likely that by doing the counter-2hr that its resets your 2hr, but very interesting still.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Stolin
    They had like 9 tanks in their main ally.
    You'd need 9 tanks too if they were using an earth staff and sported full konieg.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am confused, I dont see myself 2 houring multiple times in 2 hours...

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

PLD were subbing NIN. :nikkei:
    I wonder why the earth staves though.

Use 2hours when he uses them, one by one locking all of his...then at the end notice to bracelets. Maybe a sign of AV being imprisoned? And perhaps that makes him worthless in terms of difficulty... Just an idea. And that would be when you kill him. The day change in the beginning, and the use of Thunder 1 makes me curious.

assburgers
    BG Level

Think though, they have gaps where they cut the video, they kept talking about a few things.

<SE> You have to stop the Regen
    <SE> Your fight speed is wrong

They show multiple people, including ones who aren't engaged, 2hring multiple times in the video.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm gonna go ahead and call it, that you have to either Cor reset 2hrs, or swap in new people with the 2hrs you're wanting to avoid... or drag the fight out for 2hrs between each of his 2hrs, and just hold him as best you can... without him regening.

I could see how this could work though, if he doesn't reset 2hrs.

Main Ally has a party with some Rdm, Blm, Whm, another with a Drg, Sam... when ever AV pops a 2hr, they all fire off 2hrs trying to match his/prevent his bad ones, then you cycle them out and swap new ones in while you keep killing.

So, if you want to do it with 18, it's gonna take half a day, but you could probably do it in under an hour with like 36 people there.

Remember, this is SE. They equipped a MNK with Swift Belt at fan fest. There's obviously something we don't know about with their gear set up, but fuck, they beat him with it.

Take notes guys, guess we need Domarus and Koenig to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    OKAY STOP

AV doesn't use three 2Hs in a row when he's first popped. He only takes on that behavior in the form with bracelets, which we only saw at the very end just before it died.
    Hmmm didnt read that. I thought it was something new, I've never seen him with those.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

On the logic of two hours to stop him from doing more two hours, maybe you have to match the two hour he does with the jobs two hour. Maybe everyone two hours on animation and not what two hour it is in order to sort of take a shot in the dark.
    i'm not an expert on AV, or have fought him more than twice myself, but this sounds like what I observed from the video also

i wonder if there is some sort of 2hour reset if you use your 2hour in a brief time after he uses his, hmm :bagel:

Aselin

I don't know, but looking at the video and reading the posts so far, the probable conclusion is that: this cannot be melee or mana-burned. This fight is meant to be long.

It seems that, as others haver pointed out, that for every two hour AV does, a player or players have to match that 2 hour to prevent something devastating occurring. Probably the reason why multiple two hours went off at around the same time as AV's is probably because they did not get the timing down, and thus spammed multiple-matching 2 hours. The effect seems to neutralize AV's 2 hour. Or, you would need similarly related 2 hours to match AV's to neutralize them.

The problem I see here is that to do this you would need to have a COR resetting two hour abilities or kite and hold every two hours in order to slowdown AV. This in and of itself seems to be wholly ridiculous if SE intended AV to be fought this way. There has to be a more efficient method to do so.

On the part of resetting a player's two hour if done at the moment AV does its own, could mean that the need for CORs or wait two hours would be negligible.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case given that SE has shown somewhat odd ways to fight monsters in this game. Example: To decrease AV's regen, for every elemental day, use the corresponding elemental magic on Jailer of Love. In the last Fan Festival or another event, they gave the hint that to defeat Odin in Einherjar was to perform an emote before him so not to get damaged by his two hour. I believe it was "/kneel" or something.

If SE implemented something similarly, then I assume matching two hours with AV's would be another odd strategy that can be added to the list of already odd things to do to fight a monster in this game.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Did anyone notice the Bliz1 > Bliz2 > Bliz3 > Bliz4 casting?

The team in the video would appear to be:

4 Bards
    1 Dark
    1 Sam
    1 Drg
    2 Pld
    5 Whm
    5 Blm
    4 Rdm
    1 Smn

At least these appear to be the jobs pictured in the group picture.
    Also bliz was spammed on it all 4 tier's of ice day and the same for thunder on its day.

Change this later.
    BG Level

These players are definitely getting their 2hrs restored somehow, but there are no obvious CORs in the video.

The AV scenes are not in order. You can see the clock in them going from Iceday, when JoL was defeated, turning to Lightning, then back to Ice before they show the clip of AV dying, and unfortunately it doesn't show which day it was when AV died.

It's possible that spamming nukes related to the day slowly lowers his regen, sort of like how killing smns on JoL kills his regen.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tickotickoticko
    The team in the video would appear to be:

4 Bards
    1 Dark
    1 Sam
    1 Drg
    2 Pld
    5 Whm
    5 Blm
    4 Rdm

At least these appear to be the jobs pictured in the group picture.
    They actually have 25 people in the final screenshot, but more interestingly there are various people who can be seen fighting during the video who aren't pictured in the closing screenshot. Dev team like to fake low-man stuff? lol

assburgers
    BG Level

Man...

23:59 Ice Day > 0:00 Lightning Day Change from Ice > Thunder nukes
    Elmaulle uses Invincible

6:50 Lightning Day: Soul Voice AV
    Pupumyonmapu uses Manafont
    Elmaulle uses Invincible

*cut*

5:07 Lightning Day: Chainspell AV
    Pupumyonmapu uses Manafont

*cut*

12:10 Ice Day: Call Wyvern AV
    Pupmoyonmapu uses Manafont

>.<

I can't find any timeline that fits that which isn't absolutely fucking horrifying.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Am extremely confused, but it does seem like they kept their 2hrs macro'd and fired off asap whenever he SP'd, indicating that they were waiting for the SPs and this was some counter-measure.

Would really love some more theories about how this kept meteor and bene down

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast