FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: The long awaited AV video

Shut up Maxx
    :rocl:

Its one thing to throw out ideas. Its another thing to throw out ideas after we explained what happened when we fought it. People continue to rehash ideas and throw out meaningless unrelated ideas.

Terrifyingstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestwolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Is it possible to lock this thread to people under 100 posts?
    I hate to suggest that, but jfc @ the last 5 pages or so
    Some of us under 100 posts have come up with some good ideas though ;;.
    yarly, may have been a dumb idea so be it, nothing should get totally ruled out. I havn't been playing this game since its release for a reason. I've accomplished alot on my server. And have yet to give up on something i've been staring at like everone else for the last 14-15hours hell.. were all here for the same reason.

now watch the video again, seriously the RDM/THF took the wynavs elsewhere, and AV didn't pop a 2hr. just cause there are 3 of them, doesn't mean you can't keep them up. And technically, don't the wynavs have to be within range for it to blow up with AV 2hr... I still have yet to see AV pop another 2hr with Wynavs up, Guess I havn't seen it, (if it is rly true.)

Demosthenes11

The time between call wyvern and the cut to the next part is like 5 seconds... saying "Av didn't pop a 2hour after call wyvern and the thf kited away" is stupid

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

At this point, even the most retarded of ideas may hold some weight, honestly. If you would have told me yesterday that using all your 2hrs in response to AV using his 2hr would have an effect, even though the effect would not be immediately discernable, I'd of thought you were a complete moron.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

well, i've been looking at the SE video for a while and kept looking at things other than what is obviously known. From this i've gathered some questions/comments for ppl to dissect.

First thing to look at.... why do ya see the nuking according to the day in only the first part of AV but no nuking afterwards in any of the parts afterwards?

Second, all you see are mostly tanks and off-tanks all with /nin and yet so weak in the DD department? All you see actually attacking is a sam and drk and a drg at the end.

Third, you see an absolute lack of using JA's and buffs other than 2h's till the end where you see the sam and drk do SATA's on the rdm/nins

Forth, there are no aern's in the video at all.

Fifth, no Dot's other than diaga to pull away the drg pets.

Just stuff to ponder about.

Demosthenes11

dotdotdot

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

now watch the video again, seriously the RDM/THF took the wynavs elsewhere, and AV didn't pop a 2hr. just cause there are 3 of them, doesn't mean you can't keep them up. And technically, don't the wynavs have to be within range for it to blow up with AV 2hr... I still have yet to see AV pop another 2hr with Wynavs up, Guess I havn't seen it, (if it is rly true.)
    And iirc, Wynav move at flee speed (Or close to)... which means, even if you're kiting them, you won't last long. Just be easier to kill the flying rats and deal with them every time they spawn, with an outside party of BLMs to ga them.

I'm not sure how people can say they couldn't have used COR to reset 2Hs since it was added after CoP. If you slow down the French video around 4:38 and look carefully you can see how they really beat it.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8328/bigbluavby9.jpg

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Terrifyingstorm
    since the whole point of the video was to show hints, if keeping the wyverns out was a hint i think they would have put more emphasis on it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    If you slow down the French video around 4:38 and look carefully you can see how they really beat it.
    ^ wut?

New Merits
    BG Level

Re: The long awaited AV video (seriously read the whole thread)

In before it's concluded that SE's video of "AV's weakness" is only meant to be showing to use nukes of the corresponding day, and not in fact how to stop AV's 2hours and/or meteor.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Probably a retarded thought. Maybe when it changes to a new elemental day of the week, you continue to nuke that element for a certain period of time, or amount of damage. I was taking guesses that maybe the damage you do from casting the element to the day may lower regen, may cause un-regenable damage, maybe a certain amount of the damage done when casting magic corresponding to the day lowers Absolute Virtue's Max HP, or other things. Maybe it even lowers AV's ability to spam 2-hours. Just referencing the reason behind the magic casting. It would make sense to me for multiple reasons:

1. Answers the reason why they correspond the magic to cast to the element of the day.

2. Answers the reason why at some point mages stopped casting elemental damage magic. Maybe because they reached a certain point where anymore would not be as beneficial for that element day.

3. At the end, you seen a DRG, DRK, SAM, and w/e else beating it down for the kill. Maybe after it has reached a certain point of being weakened by Elemental magic, it can be easily killed because it has such low hp.

4. Maybe ppl have tried this, but I am willing to bet its a build up like how you have to nuke JoL's pops continuously to weaken JoL overtime. The reason I would guess that it wasn't found out or tested thoroughly is because ppl tried it at first, saw that 2-hours went off, freaked, and debunked the idea without going through the full testing.

THis would also account for a way to lessen or lower AV's ability to 2-hour. It doesn't lock him, but lowers how much he can spam it. As for the players spamming 2-hour abilities, i still have no clue.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    And some of us over 100 posts have terrible ideas!

Nobody even told me to shut up

i'm suggesting instant ban on whoever asking why rdm casts sleep/dispel/blind in this thread

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Renzoukan
    3. At the end, you seen a DRG, DRK, SAM, and w/e else beating it down for the kill. Maybe after it has reached a certain point of being weakened by Elemental magic, it can be easily killed because it has such low hp.
    If I recall correctly, you also see a Thunder IV going off right before the final Gekko.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Osede
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    And some of us over 100 posts have terrible ideas!

Nobody even told me to shut up

i'm suggesting instant ban on whoever asking why rdm casts sleep/dispel/blind in this thread
    Its to hold hate as rdm/nin, but I think they are expecting RDM/NINs to hold hate by using ichi jutsu

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate this one time. This is the post you can flame me on, because not only is it a rehash, but the idea is so goddamned stupid to begin with.

We know in one of those damned fan festivals Square-Enix says something along the lines of "We're fighting at the wrong speed." In the video you have only a few melees - a DRK, a SAM, a DRG at the end, a couple rdm/nin, a couple pld/nin. You also have a couple WHMs and a BLM right on top of them as well. Myself and others have said the only way for us to use our 2-hour abilities multiple times is to let the timers run on them. In addition, you have the rest of the group just standing together in a line, waiting to pop their 2-hours (And probably clearing wynavs/aerns)

Perhaps the only viable way to fight AV is to do as little damage as possible to it. This would theoretically, somehow reduce the frequency of its TP moves and 2-hours which would make shadow tanking with hate-bouncing tanks possible, with supplimental healing. Since fully eliminating its regen effect would mean that any damage to AV would be positive progress, it doesn't matter how slowly you go. As for the line of mage statues on the sideline, they keep killing wynavs and aerns and don't do shit on AV unless. Unless he does it first. He pops his 2hour, everyone else pops theirs, and some miracle happens like preventing Meteor or locking Benediction, stops those bullets, changes Coke to Pepsi, or finds my car keys. It's so asinine and retarded and the only thing I can think of from studying that video that doesn't involve warp hacking that has a chance in hell of working. I mean look at the video, that's supposedly how it's to be done, a bunch of shadow tanks meleeing with staves while everyone else sits on their asses and pops 2hrs. Flame away.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Narse
    If I recall correctly, you also see a Thunder IV going off right before the final Gekko.
    Not saying it won't do damage, i'm saying it just won't do Beneficial dmg. No point in fully attacking it until its fully weakened right? Like JoL, no point in attacking him if he regens super fast until his regen is lowered. Via nuking spawns until its regen is weakened before going for the kill.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The dev team spamming 2-hours after AV 2-hours definately has to be the way to enfeeble AV that will blow our minds whether it be locking certain 2hrs by doing something along those lines or just lessening the effects of his 2hrs. I'm curious to see more evidence of this magic stunning people are noticing. And it might be narrowed down to something as simple as one or more people 2hr every time he does and that just delays him from being able to 2-hour for 2-5-10 minutes per 2hr used.

In all honesty though I think we will understand fully if we stare at this long enough:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F931-k2 ... re=related

Quote Originally Posted by Narse
    Actually it appears to be three or four thundaga 3s.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast